Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Council & Truro City

Not sure why Dave Deacon has not already posted this, he was quick off the mark on the Falmouth Town issue.

With politicians having the reputation for corruption, there is no surprise that this matter keeps rearing its ugly head. There is no need for Truro City to have a stadium, they are just a small club who are likely to get even smaller sooner rather than later.

If there is a need for a Stadium for Cornwall, build one where it will be used to its fullest potential, in the Camborne / Redruth Rugby strongholds. Why make Rugby move, let Truro move if they are that confident of having sustainable support outside of City.

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Stadium-Cornwall-Plea-Public-Funds/story-16044356-detail/story.html

THE CONTROVERSIAL stadium for Cornwall will require public funding it has been revealed.

After months of confusion and denial Cornwall Council will debate the possibility of funding the stadium on Tuesday.

• 3770092.png
    Stadium for Cornwall

Previously Cornwall Council repeatedly insisted the stadium would not receive public money.

But in March the West Briton revealed the existence of a secret report showing the possibility of using public money for the £15million stadium.

Now it has emerged that the issue of public funding for the stadium will be debated by Cornwall Council at a meeting at County Hall on Tuesday.

The issue is likely to prove damaging for the Conservatives as deputy group leader Scott Mann previously resigned over the possibility of public money being used to pay for the stadium at Langarth near Threemilestone.

Truro's biggest ever housing development was granted approval last Thursday. Land for the stadium is being gifted to Cornwall Council by the developers Inox who are also the developers behind the housing scheme.

Here is the full statement from Cornwall Council.

"Following the Strategic Planning Committee decision to approve the Langarth Farm planning application on 3rd May 2012, Cornwall Council has subsequently received a request from 'Cornwall Community Stadium Ltd' advising that, despite their best efforts, the proposed Cornwall Community Stadium project is unable to proceed as a 'private sector only ' led and funded initiative and therefore requires financial support from the Council if it is to proceed.

"Given the recent motion agreed at the recent Full Council, that "if the Council receives a request for financial support, whether direct or indirect, including by way of guarantees or provision of infrastructure, that in view of the widely perceived lack of transparency surrounding this subject the principle of providing such support be debated by Full Council before any decision be made by Cabinet", the Chairman of the Council has decided that Full Council should be given the opportunity to give a collective Council view prior to any next steps.

"On that basis, a short report will be put before Members of the Council to help inform debate. This report will be publicly available later this week after it has been circulated to Members."

From what I've heard, the Council have £8m set aside for this!!!

Also, TCFC haven't been involved in recent times, because of the lack of funds that Mr Heaney has. Thats only what I've heard through the grapevine. However, now that planning has been given for the housing and community there, then this Stadium is looking more than likely to get built. I'd like to know who the directors of INOX are though!

The Pirates need the stadium!

Also, TCFC haven't been involved in recent times, because of the lack of funds that Mr Heaney has. Thats only what I've heard through the grapevine. However, now that planning has been given for the housing and community there, then this Stadium is looking more than likely to get built. I'd like to know who the directors of INOX are though!

is this them??

http://www.inoxgroup.co.uk/

if so not much info on there that i can see!

quite local though as have an EX1 postcode

Of course there is a cheaper option... set up two companies, get Company A to get the works done, when finished watch Co. A strangely go bust. Company B can continue to operate as if nothing had happened. It might cheese off a few local businesses that won't get paid, but hey ho, just an idea !.

Do I support a Stadium For Cornwall. Yes I do.

Do I currently support Cornish taxpayers funding the comercial venture which is Stadium For Cornwall. No

Could Cornish Prirates fill a 10,000 seated stadium if they gain Rugby Premership status. Yes

Could Truro City fill a 10,000 seated stadium if they get promoted to the Conference? No. Let's be honest, Argyle struggle and they are in the Football League to get 8,000.

At a time when people are losing thier jobs throughout Cornwall you cannot seriously ask Cornish taxpayers to fund the project.

Yes, it will create employment but politicaly Cornwall Council will be making a huge mistake. Let's sort the economy out first and then think about starting such projects.

If Cornwall Council are not transparent in their decisions it will be accused of corruption and pondering to developers.

If private Ltd companies such as the Cornish Pirates want to pay for it, go ahead, Cornwall needs investment but don't expect us to pay for it.

S.F.C.

Lets be honest it should be labelled SFCP -Stadium For Cornish Pirates

all the rest of the ammenities you could function from a Leisure Centre.

With The Carn Brea Leisure Centre earmarked to be rebulit this would be an ideal "Brown" area to incorporate a Stadium in the heart of the Stronghold of Cornish Rugby.

In recent years I have spent many weekends travelling around non league football grounds getting to the venue early, mingle with the home supporters and get an insight how Councils, sporting and other ORGANISATIONS work together, there are facilities for Guides and Scouts, Boxing clubs, Mother & Toddler groups, facilities for the unemployed and aged, rooms used by local hospitals for clinics, freeing up much needed space in hospitals such as Treliske, what I see are communities uniting around their sporting interests building a pride in the areas they live.

With Cornwall County Council having over 20,000 people on their council homes waiting list the proposed 1500 homes are needed sooner rather than later, as such recreation facilities are essential and a Stadium For Cornwall could benefit far more than those interested in football and rugby. EIGHT MILLION pounds is a LOW PRICE to pay in the circumstances.

The tax payer has in all probability already paid more than £8 million pound into Council SLUSH FUNDS, with so many councils nationwide depositing the publics council tax in Icelandic banks I wouldn't be surprised CCC did the same, my local council hoarded millions whilst annually increasing council tax, Joe Public knew nothing about their skullduggery until the Icelandic banks went bust, now years later the Iceland government are arranging to pay it back but what that money will be used for we do not know.

When councils get involved in local urbanisation for community projects there are some government grants so the proposed £8 million may not be that much in real terms when any grants are taken into consideration. Professional football clubs even Manchester United get tax relief whilst being registered as charitable organisations all tied up with community involvement.

Most of the adverse comments I hear are NOT from those on the waiting list for homes, it's those with an I'm alright Jack attitude, I've lived most of my life but not being selfish would like to see the development that would benefit all groups within the local area, go ahead with the homes, go ahead with the stadium, go ahead providing enough rooms within the stadium to accomodate the needs of the locals on a sporting and social level.

The 10,000 plus stadium is necessary for the Pirates if they are to meet Premiership requirements, not so for Truro City but without a three way project Cornish sport will lag behind other parts of the UK.

S.F.C.

Lets be honest it should be labelled SFCP -Stadium For Cornish Pirates

all the rest of the ammenities you could function from a Leisure Centre.

With The Carn Brea Leisure Centre earmarked to be rebulit this would be an ideal "Brown" area to incorporate a Stadium in the heart of the Stronghold of Cornish Rugby.

Yes but are the housing company going to want to build and sell houses in the Camborne pool Redruth area or are they going to want to build and sell houses in the Truro area

I know exactly what the answer would be and it all revolves around big £ signs.

All we witness on these forums is a take, take, take attitude, you get out of life the rewards you work for, sit on your backside then you deserve a kick up the rump, if we have 1500 go getters and they buy the houses that's 1500 that otherwise end up on the waiting lists with little hope of being housed.

As for the Logistics there should not be a problem, a sleepy backwater requires minor tweeking, changed working patterns no different than what the rest of the country have had to do.

About muggings and Red Herrings people need to rid themselves of having everything placed in their laps, trust their ELECTED representatives and if they fail challenge them and encourage change so we have gone from take, take, take to moan, moan, moan.

UNBELIEVABLE, join the real world.

"you get out of life the rewards you work for"

Unless of course someone fails to pay you for the hard work you did for them.

Private enterprise is what the Tories are all about, unless they are lining their own pockets of course. If there is a private need for this facility, someone will build it. If not, then Cornwall Council have a duty to over 500,000 residents not 500 supporters of a privately owned football club.

I'm sure if the actual figures stack up, then the Rugby club will build it and rent it out to the football club. Mountaineer would be furious if the rugger buggers and footy lot took a handout, wouldn't he ?

Apart from Nemesis no one is talking handouts,should the SFC get the go ahead with Council involvement it would mean the ratepayers of Cornwall would through their Council representatives have some say in how things pan out in the future, for that I would have thought people would be pleased. It takes MORE THAN ONE PERSON to be involved in handouts so is Nemesis accusing members of the Council of being CORRUPT?

The Cornish Pirates need the stadium a.s.a.p, last weekend against Bristol proved they are at a level that only needs a push for them to advance to England's Rugby Premiership, without the stadium they would be stuffed, if a joint effort is required to achieve that they deserve to be helped along the way.

It is no good squealing like a pig when businesses go to the wall, more turmoil is felt by those who own them than the workforce realise, many owners lose their homes, when I was affected by closure I got on with things, we all have to take the bull by the horns and make things happen.

I've lost any respect I had for you Mountaineer. You are very keen to support another woolly headed scheme to be forced on us down here as you enjoy spouting from afar.Would you like us to champion futile projects in High Wycombe or wherever?

How many other counties have found it necessary to build a stadium? Why do we need a stadium? Maybe certain rugby/football clubs do, but it should be down to them to provide and not we tax payers already affected by numerous cuts to our standards of living without seeing our secreted funds frittered away on the whims a few.

It's enough to distrust our masters in London without adding our local ones, who should be more in tune with our wishes. But then our top highly paid and imported execs.seem to act just as furtively and arrogantly as the rest.

Chairman, When it comes to spouting from afar I think I have a right to do so, during April I travelled over 2000 miles supporting TRURO CITY, about 1700 of those miles I travelled ALONE, three games were at Treyew Road, OK at 76 years I am grateful that I am able to do so.

You ask about other COUNTIES but backward thinking by successive Councils in Cornwall has resulted in only one stadium project being possible, all over the UK local projects have been completed jointly by local authorities and clubs, Chelmsford City, Tonbridge Angels, Woking, Dartford etc have benefitted from Council involvement, community based stadiums are popping up all over the place except in Cornwall.

I would prefer a Truro City stadium and a Cornish Pirates facility but neither club can afford to go it alone, petty jealousies has always held Cornish Sport back, what Truro City have achieved on the football field should be applauded. Incidently I am not a competitor in a popularity contest, therefore, I shall continue to speak my mind AND THAT DESERVES RESPECT

ON YER KNEES :yahoo::) .

I've lost any respect I had for you Mountaineer. You are very keen to support another woolly headed scheme to be forced on us down here as you enjoy spouting from afar.Would you like us to champion futile projects in High Wycombe or wherever?

How many other counties have found it necessary to build a stadium? Why do we need a stadium? Maybe certain rugby/football clubs do, but it should be down to them to provide and not we tax payers already affected by numerous cuts to our standards of living without seeing our secreted funds frittered away on the whims a few.

It's enough to distrust our masters in London without adding our local ones, who should be more in tune with our wishes. But then our top highly paid and imported execs.seem to act just as furtively and arrogantly as the rest.

I have not commented on this issue before, but with the pressures on the Cornwall Council budget I cannot see how spending £8million of public money on a stadium for one decent rugby club and, possibly, one very small (on a national scale) football club can be justified, especially a football club that seems to be forever late with its payments to HMRC, disregarding the moral issues of its previous financial problems. If the project is viable, I would have thought that the Pirates could raise/borrow the money and rent out the stadium. How that would become a community sports facility remains questionable.

Mountaineer, you were at Truro many, many years ago, Noah recalls you in his stories, you even cut the pitch when your parents lived here, whoopdeedoo !

You didn't follow Truro City for about 45 years (during the dark, bleak years in the SWP, where were you at Bugle, Perranporth and Godolphin ?), your recent involvement does not give you any right to comment on how Cornwall spends its money. You and a couple of hundred others have jumped on the bandwagon, the real Cornish Football fans have had enough of City thinking they are the be all and end all.

Do everyone a favour, follow WWFC and leave those Cornish Nationals and the rest of us who choose to live here to do our thing !

Mr Heaney has made it possible for me to see a Cornish club playing decent football - Thank You Mr Heaney.

It's not my fault Nemesis had to run out West when the heat was turned up in the real world, I do object having

to pay increased council tax to prop up backward thinking councils in the West and the North, as long as my

council taxes are being ploughed into Cornwall and the like I shall say what I like. Little wonder I live in the

highest taxed county in Britain.

Mr Heaney has made it possible for me to see a Cornish club playing decent football - Thank You Mr Heaney.

It's not my fault Nemesis had to run out West when the heat was turned up in the real world, I do object having

to pay increased council tax to prop up backward thinking councils in the West and the North, as long as my

council taxes are being ploughed into Cornwall and the like I shall say what I like. Little wonder I live in the

highest taxed county in Britain.

The picture below shows the actual amount of supporters Truro will attract when back in the Cornwall Combination League.

3770092.png

Mountaineer, would this be the same Heaney that failed to pay Cornish Firms the money he owed them, your love for the County shines through. If you pay Council Tax, perhaps through a second home thus inflating house prices for those that were born here, you may have a right to say what happens... although Mebyon Kernow may disagree.

More and more posters to this forum have cottoned on to Heaney and agree with my comments, where are your supporters ?

Chairman, I think it is unfair to say just because someone lives outside Cornwall they don't have a right to a opinion in it.

To be able to live in Cornwall, I have to work outside of Cornwall for the majority of the week, however I'm a Cornish council tax payer.

What we don't need is another white elephant with taxpayers again picking up the bill!

Does anyone know how Exeter Chiefs funded thier new stadium?

havent they lost the 8million as they have taken too long to spend it, im sure i heard that on the radio recently, tho could be wrong