Cornwall Football Forum

More confirmation of troubles at Truro?

By all accounts Ian was told to stand down/sacked because he asked too many questions. One of them being the attendance figures for home games? I do remember a certain Ian Annear also standing down after apparantly questioning the figures when Truro hosted the Junior and Senior Cup Final a few seasons ago!

IF the rumour is true that Ian Rennie has been sacked it would be in keeping with the kamikaze leadership of the club. Without him, as far as I can see, there is no-one left at the club capable of keeping it alive, all others having been got rid of or just sickened by the lack of any vestige of rational leadership. Genuine football supporters can only hope that this is one rumour that isn't true. I hear, though, that it will take "a few days" for the club to make some sort of statement so obviously something is wrong, not least that it takes "a few days" to tell concerned supporters what on earth is going on. We (fans of football in general) should rally round the manager and players who have been and are still providing by far the best regular football ever seen in Cornwall.

Taken from Tigertalk forum

In an attempt to keep all Truro City fans abreast of how the club is developing, we would like to inform you all that Ian Rennie has been asked to step aside as Football Secretary. The Chairman is keen to express his thanks to Ian for his efforts over the past years, and is hopeful that Ian will remain with the club in some capacity.

The challenges of playing Conference South level football have not only been felt by the players,but the club has also needed to review its development plan and embrace all aspects of community, youth and adult football and the potential funding available which will benefit the long term plans of the club as a whole.

Based on this, a new role is required that encompasses the secretarial, development, community and funding aspects of a modern club. The Chairman is pleased to announce that Mark Woolcock will be assuming these responsibilities and will work to ensure the ongoing security and success of Truro City FC.

Chris Webb

Vice-Chairman

Based on this, a new role is required that encompasses the secretarial, development, community and funding aspects of a modern club. The Chairman is pleased to announce that Mark Woolcock will be assuming these responsibilities and will work to ensure the ongoing security and success of Truro City FC.

Chris Webb

Vice-Chairman

Current First Team Physio!

You must be joking! How can the first team physio carry out the Secretary's duties on match days? This is the most serious development yet, indicating that the club's leadership has lost the confidence of just about every single former volunteer the club ever had! Official supporters club, voluntary stewards, unofficial supporters club, tea hut staff, two secretaries, at least 2 "commercial managers" - there's probably more. By next month I expect the current Peninsula West side to be fulfilling the Conference fixtures - another Durham FC - and it will be one person's fault.

Taken from Tigertalk forum

In an attempt to keep all Truro City fans abreast of how the club is developing, we would like to inform you all that Ian Rennie has been asked to step aside as Football Secretary. The Chairman is keen to express his thanks to Ian for his efforts over the past years, and is hopeful that Ian will remain with the club in some capacity.

The challenges of playing Conference South level football have not only been felt by the players,but the club has also needed to review its development plan and embrace all aspects of community, youth and adult football and the potential funding available which will benefit the long term plans of the club as a whole.

Chris Webb

Vice-Chairman

What is that statement all about? Sack your football secretary, no reason given. Appoint your physio as football secretary and then give loads of waffle about jobs people have walked away from or been sacked in the past.

It really is time for Mr Webb and Mr Heaney to do the decent thing for every Truro Supporter who has put their hand in their pocket and supported them across the South of England. Either pay the bill and move on or get out!

There has always been an hidden agenda to why someone would bank roll the club for the last 5/6 years. Time is about to catch up on him. When businesses lost money in the last saga and supporters said 'that's just business' it could come back to haunt them. I for one hope not!

Another anti Cornwall and Truro thread, lads let it go. I'm not a Truro supporter and like every one else who isn't a Truro supporter which is nearly all off the above don't worry how they run there club just look out for there results if there club interests you that much, and if it flicks your switch when they lose then come on here and take the mickey.

Biscoveybear.

I think you might be right there.

Mark has been a good friend of my for the last 15+years and is a genuine fella who gives 110% to everything he does.

On top of the duties you have mentioned and his new duties at Truro he also has a considerable responsibility in his job with the ambulance service.

Mark has obviously said yes to the job because he doesn't want to let anyone down,typical of the man,to lose him due to being overstretched through his commitments would be a big loss to Truro.

A concerned friend.

Pity quite a few of you on here don,t concentrate more on your own clubs rather than the problems of Truro City afc,Two broken legs yesterday, Solly had no food at Probus,most referees had a bad game, club linesman cheating all the time,no seven day approache for players,kids and dogs on the pitch,lack of match balls and to top it all a boy of 15 years and 91 days makes his debut in football league surely they should loose the points for that one. taken from www.getalifewithinfootie.com lol

Thought even you would work that one out Tommy, under the age of 16 i,m afraid.Problem is players from this end of the country will always find it difficult as they can,t play mens football till their 16 whereas up the line they seem to be able to play younger or would you say this was his debut at mens football?

If you are in the professional game and seek the correct permission then you can play open-age football when you are under the age of 16. That's why several players have done so. The academy system and professionally qualified coaches are deemed fit to be able to make a proper assessment of a young player as to whether he is capable on a physical and mental front to play under the age of 16. Such a system does not exist outside the professional game and therefore it is not allowed.

Matthew Etherington made his debut for Peterborough at the age of 15. Barry Fry sought permission from his parents and head teacher before he was allowed to play. His academy coaches also thought he was mature enough to make his senior debut so he played against Brentford.

This is not something new, Matthew is now 30.

Before the thread moves on to something else may I ask a pertinent question?

If Truro City are wound up, as a result of the HMRC wrangle, what does that actually mean in practical terms for all the sides that are part of the setup there? Would a new Club have to be formed, which would then have to reapply to join (for example) the Trelawney or Duchy Leagues? Or would the teams now existing at the other levels be allowed to continue in their current standings under a new identity???

A bit confused..........

Oh Bless his cotton socks well aint that sad ! . Never mind is this the same Mr Rennie that was an ardent supporter of Falmouth town until Mr Massey decided to go running to truro and he followed haha . I even remember he loved Town so much his dog Dexter became club mascot haha . Dont make me laugh Rennie will soon find another club to latch on to when the dream is over , As long as its not Falmouth i dont care