Cornwall Football Forum

Truro 2-5 Basingstoke

The majority of the 521 crowd today went home disappointed as Truro went down 5-2. This was a strange game. Basingstoke won 5-2 yes, but the difference was they took their chances and we didn't. It could have been 5-5 or even higher! Scott Walker scored our 2 goals taking his tally up to 7 for the season! We're now down to 13th in the table. Next up is an away trip to Gloucester in the Cup!

I come on here & always see everyone slagging off Truro honestly whats wrong with you lot it good for local & cornish football !! Imagine if they got to the championship would u go watch them then ?? Imagine if someone come along and put loads of money into the team you supported & you started winning FA cups & the league like man city would u be slagging your own team off no you would be over the moon ... So give it a rest and support our local team cliaming the leagues !!!

Sorry but Truro City is just local to Truro City. How can it be 'local' to anywhere else? Blimey, where do you people live? Oh sorry, Truro of course! Some folks just don't seem to get it; footy supporters support footy clubs, but, they don't all have to support the same one. that would pretty pointless wouldn't it! penfold, you come on here seeing City slagged off because; surprise, surprise, not every member of the Cornish footy population likes the 'white tigers. Now on that last point: when was there ever a white tiger in the Duchy? How about never! So why the stupid name?

Sorry but Truro City is just local to Truro City. How can it be 'local' to anywhere else? Blimey, where do you people live? Oh sorry, Truro of course! Some folks just don't seem to get it; footy supporters support footy clubs, but, they don't all have to support the same one. that would pretty pointless wouldn't it! penfold, you come on here seeing City slagged off because; surprise, surprise, not every member of the Cornish footy population likes the 'white tigers. Now on that last point: when was there ever a white tiger in the Duchy? How about never! So why the stupid name?

As a Cornish guy who used to play against Truro ( albeit ) reserves i think if Truro kept the same team colours and Mr Heaney did not go bust on some small Cornish companies they would get more support!! :c:

Kempy, I'm sure you're right. It's just a shame most City fans - well, they're fans right now - are so deluded. Reading, City threads over the last three or four years has been almost as bad as watching xfactor. There are genuine times when praise should be awarded but not every flipping week. Today xfactor is crap and today city were crap. No, I wasn't there but to lose at home by such a margin certainly seems to suggest it.

The 'deluded' just don't seem to be able to take it on board their team isn't good enough! With luck; City might finish mid table. With luck and a little help from a certain quarter; they will disappear. A new club will appear and 'locals' will rightly have the opportunity to be proud. White Tigers? Nah! I see a white flag looming!

The change of colours & nickname was, I assume, an effort to 'appeal' to a wider audience, which it obviously hasn't to any great degree. Because Truro are in a much higher league than any other Cornish side, it doesn't mean that people will/should go and watch them. For example, in London, would supporters of Brentford or Orient give up following their sides in order to go and watch Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal etc because they play in a higher standard of football.

I have lived in Truro since 1972, But I still support Falmouth Town

My son has always been a Falmouth Supporter because I always took him to Town like most dads who take their sons to the team they support,

What we do not like is some people who supported Falmouth for years then switched to Truro, because they wanted to see a higher quality of Football,

But true supporters of a Football club would never switch, Some of these ex Town supporters come back to Falmouth When Truro are Playing away, & if Falmouth are having a good game have the cheek to say well the team Falmouth are playing are very poor, & are making falmouth look better than they are, I say to these turn Coats, we do not mind you coming to Falmouth because we will take your money, but you do not like people criticizing Truro, so do not come to Falmouth & criticize them,

if that is all you come for then do us all a favour & stay away, because we will tell you what we think of you. :SM_carton:

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Good to see local lad cody cooke being involved although it was only on the bench. I said pre season truro hadnt made enough signings for this leagie and the results are showing i am right! I am not a truro basher, infact i enjoy seeing the results every week an i hope they do well.

OH DEAR OH DEARY ME POOR LITTLE WHITE TIGERS LOST AGAIN , WELL AINT THAT SAD IM SURE THE REST OF , SORRY ALL OF CORNWALL WILL BE GUTTED IF OUR LITTLE WHITE TIGERS ARE NOT PUSHING FOR PROMOTION . GREAT PLACE BASINGSTOKE , YOU DONE US PROUD ######

What a sad pathetic person you are.

Anyways, just looked at the table and we're only 6 points off the play-offs and eleven points off the top spot. Such a tight league but our next game in the league on the 22nd (away to 2nd placed Dartford) will be difficult. It would be fantastic to even get a point!

Anyways, just looked at the table and we're only 6 points off the play-offs and eleven points off the top spot

look at it another way ... only 7 points off relegation and only 10 points off the bottom :glare:

Look at it this way... we're closer to the play-offs than relegation.

No im certainly not "jealous" as i've said before i despised Tr*ro C*ty when they was poor and nothings changed on that respect and as for Snooper he is a lovely guy (admittedly he supports a crap championship side ) but he's not pathetic in any way .............................Love you Snoop x

As some will know i am a falmouth boy through and through and if i want to go and watch truro city i will purely because i want to see a good standard of football,ive lived in australia for the last 5 years but have kept in touch with things and every time i have come home for a holiday i make a point of making a trip to truro and will continue to do so when i move back to falmouth next week.Sure truro havent made many fans by some things that have happened off field but some people on here would rather focus on those things rather than the football side except when city lose that is then like this thread all the anti truro brigade crawl out from under their rocks.I also intend to share my saturdays watching my beloved QPR and my former club Falmouth Athletic where i played most of my career so i am not a truro city fan but if conference south football is available on my doorstep i will go watch as and when i please! :thumbsup:

The change of colours & nickname was, I assume, an effort to 'appeal' to a wider audience, which it obviously hasn't to any great degree. Because Truro are in a much higher league than any other Cornish side, it doesn't mean that people will/should go and watch them. For example, in London, would supporters of Brentford or Orient give up following their sides in order to go and watch Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal etc because they play in a higher standard of football.

Dont fans of Brentford often go to watch West Ham rather than travel to away games!? End of the day successful clubs will attract more fans, if that success dwindles then Im certain the numbes will follow suit.

No Truro fans, players or management have said that people should go and watch them but at least the higher level football is there should anyone choose to watch it. So much pointless jealousy on here, I understand why people have a gripe with KH for his business dealings but does it really need to be put onto every thread with a Truro reference!? If you dont like, watch or have an interest in Truro then why waste your time commenting on them!?

Moving home Rob, too much sun for you over there!?

I'm with Porker on this. I'm not jealous of Truro in any way. I've intensely disliked them since the age of about 7 or 8, long before KH arrived on the scene. I wouldn't look out of the window to watch Truro if they were playing in my back garden. Purely a personal view/choice (probably irrational but there you go) In my earlier post I was just trying to point out that Truro's attempt to do a 'Cornish Pirates' (to widen their appeal) hasn't really worked to any great extent.

I'm with Porker on this. I'm not jealous of Truro in any way. I've intensely disliked them since the age of about 7 or 8, long before KH arrived on the scene. I wouldn't look out of the window to watch Truro if they were playing in my back garden. Purely a personal view/choice (probably irrational but there you go) In my earlier post I was just trying to point out that Truro's attempt to do a 'Cornish Pirates' (to widen their appeal) hasn't really worked to any great extent.

To the likes of the above - is it just Truro you dislike, or loads of other clubs too?

I'm with Porker on this. I'm not jealous of Truro in any way. I've intensely disliked them since the age of about 7 or 8, long before KH arrived on the scene.

That explains a lot! It suggests that you have never really grown up. :rolleyes:

Why? I would have thought that shows some consistency that I still dislike them after all these years :glare:

Dave - personally, I can't think of any other local teams that I dislike

OH DEAR OH DEARY ME POOR LITTLE WHITE TIGERS LOST AGAIN , WELL AINT THAT SAD IM SURE THE REST OF , SORRY ALL OF CORNWALL WILL BE GUTTED IF OUR LITTLE WHITE TIGERS ARE NOT PUSHING FOR PROMOTION . GREAT PLACE BASINGSTOKE , YOU DONE US PROUD ######

For someone that doesn't like Truro, it's funny how the majority of your posts are in this forum! :D

Granted not every one likes Kevin Heaney, he isn't Truro City as in 'the club', he's the chairman, just a human being and controlling mind of the club, nothing else, if he weren't here now there'd still be a football club like it or not, aside from 7 years ago when there may not have been a Truro City, but as things stand there are, and they are 2 promotions away from the football league.

More ambition than Bodmin who didn't/don't want to play wetsern league.

For someone that doesn't like Truro, it's funny how the majority of your posts are in this forum! :D

Granted not every one likes Kevin Heaney, he isn't Truro City as in 'the club', he's the chairman, just a human being and controlling mind of the club, nothing else, if he weren't here now there'd still be a football club like it or not, aside from 7 years ago when there may not have been a Truro City, but as things stand there are, and they are 2 promotions away from the football league.

huh??

But at least it keeps me happy in my own little world. :smiley20:

Shame on you, Not liking TRURO CITY - You don't deserve to be happy. :c:

They are flying the flag :c: for you and many others. :blink:

THE FLAG IS AT HALF MAST TODAY

7-2, we only lost 7-2 we only lost 7-2

I hope for a better result when I go to DARTFORD next week their 100% home record is in DANGER.

Played 6 Won 6 Goals for 15 Goals against 5 (I am sure Truro can spoil their unbleamished home start).

huh??

If KH had not paid off the debt, Truro City would have gone down the pan, but AFC Truro would probably have appeared, and been playing now, albeit in CSWPL 1 West.

huh??

If KH had not paid off the debt, Truro City would have gone down the pan, but AFC Truro would probably have appeared, and been playing now, albeit in CSWPL 1 West.

What a load of TOSH,yes Truro were in debt but they would NOT HAVE FOLDED. There were irons in the fire to clear the debt,at the time K.Heaneys proposal seemed the best bet,now with hindsight? :huh: