Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 18/09/10

FHFL 1

St Agnes 6 - 2 Mawnan

Goals: Sam 'Scampy' Connolly, Rob Sweet, Shane Cameron 2, Richie Horsewell 2 (feed the horse and he will score!)

It was a lively but scrappy start to the game with Mawnan taking a surprise lead inside 15 minutes. There was a foul on the Aggie defender but advantage was given by the ref only for the ball to be stolen and slotted in by the Mawnan striker within a few seconds. Aggie rallied and equalised soon after from a powerful Shane Cameron header from a Jake Hills corner. Within 10 minutes Mawnan again took the lead on the counter attack but before half time the home side scored twice more from headers after good work from Dave Goundry on the left flank. HT 3-2.

In the second half St Agnes took control of the game adding 3 more goals with Mawnan rarely threatening. Sam Connolly scored a sublime goal beating 3 or 4 defenders and slotting past the keeper, whilst Rob Sweet and Richie Horsewell scored from 2 more aerial attacks.

The centre midfielder (Kevin) for Mawnan was sent off for 2 bookable offences with 15 minutes to play after several warnings for bad language and dissent, giving the referee no choice.

A comfortable win for the Saints in the end against an ever-strong Mawnan.

FHL DIV ONE

PENRYN (1) 1 (MacIntosh 36)

CARHARRACK (1) 3 (Rapsey 86,89 Burrows 25)

Great result for us after last weeks disaster against Tine.Penryn got a great young team and we had to withstand alot of pressure, before nicking it in the last 5 minutes! :smiley20: Some top saves from Denis Fallowfield and Martin Murphy turned back the clock at the back! Great livewire 1st half from young Ben Manley before he got injured.Hard to pick anyone out really,all battled well.Think Bushy smashed one against the bar for Ryn at 1-1 as well.Be surprised if many teams beat them down there so we,re well chuffed :thumbsup:

Div 1

Constantine 6 Chacewater 2

The game was a lot closer than the scoreline reflects,being 2-1 or 2-2 at half time.Well reffed by Kevin Knowles.

Eight players who had played for Chacewater this season were unavailable today for various reasons,mostly holidays(!) but second teamers stepped in.Should be a lot stronger from now on with players returning.

With regards to the mawnan vs at Agnes game, I was the player that got sent off! Can you honestly say that I was the only player on that pitch swearing? No! Apart from your striker I was the only player even spoken to about bad language even though it was going on all around him! Granted I should of just walked away but it's difficult when your up against a man who needs refereeing to make himself feel bigger and better

Not looking forward to next week after the last result Hugh!?! See you then mate. Will do Kev,Murph played bloody well today! yeh i did my usual 5 minutes running but just saved it until the end mate!! 141 goals to go until i can retire! :mellow: Read your report,thats unreal £200 for 3 officials!! Joke bud. Who decides these things!? Take care Kev,have a great season. :thumbsup:

Lizard Argyle 2-0 St Day

Great performance by the greens with only half a side. Defended really well in the second half. Probably the better side on the day.

Special mention for the ref Ben Lugg who, in my opinion had a great game.

Hell of a result for Lizard there today (especially with 6 players :) ). St Day looked like they would beat allcomers when we played them on Tuesday (although admittedly we didnt play well). Did St Day have any players missing?

Lizard Argyle 2-0 St Day

Great performance by the greens with only half a side. Defended really well in the second half. Probably the better side on the day.

Hell of a result for Lizard there today (especially with 6 players :) ). St Day looked like they would beat allcomers when we played them on Tuesday (although admittedly we didnt play well). Did St Day have any players missing?

You only had 6 players and you won?

Thanx Well 66! They were the days mate! :thumbsup: Still gutted we lost the charity game Dave! Robbery that was mate!!! :clapper: Sorry Matt! forget you was at the Well bud!! Did,nt think Hugh was much of a Wilderbeast type! Looking forward to it even less now!!! Go easy on the old man ! see you next week mate :mellow:

Lizard Argyle 2-0 St Day

You only had 6 players and you won?

Obviously what I mean is we had several players out through hangovers, work etc. but no we fielded a team of 11 with a little help from the reserves. :P

FHFL Di 2

Lanner 5 Wendron 5

A real game of 2 halves as we went 3-0 up in the 1st half but wendron scored just before half time to make it 3-1 at the interval. That goal gave wendron some hope and they came out in the 2nd half and scored again after 5 minutes we responded well and scored another to give us a 4-2 lead but wendron put us under a lot of pressure and scored 3 goals in quick succession to take a 5-4 lead, with about 2 minutes remaining we grabbed the equaliser to end the scoring in a great game. Good luck to Wendron for the rest of the season.

Lanner Goalscorers

Stuart Lugg 3

Josh Ireson 2

FHL DIV ONE

PENRYN (1) 1 (MacIntosh 36)

CARHARRACK (1) 3 (Rapsey 86,89 Burrows 25)

Great result for us after last weeks disaster against Tine.Penryn got a great young team and we had to withstand alot of pressure, before nicking it in the last 5 minutes! :smiley20: Some top saves from Denis Fallowfield and Martin Murphy turned back the clock at the back! Great livewire 1st half from young Ben Manley before he got injured.Hard to pick anyone out really,all battled well.Think Bushy smashed one against the bar for Ryn at 1-1 as well.Be surprised if many teams beat them down there so we,re well chuffed :thumbsup:

Been busy on operations so have only just seen the score. Fantastic result. Rappo strikes again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: