Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Cup Semi Final - St Agnes v St Day Updates

Well done Kimmo and all the Aggie team let's hope they don't find a excuse to kick you out of the final this time like they did when we were going for the league & cup back in 2003/4 season.

Third goal was definitely scored by Justin Andrew. Headed in a free-kick.

St Day certainly lost their cool a little. But I wouldn't describe the game as the link above "ST AGNES came out on top in an ill-tempered clash". I think St Day pressed a self-destruct button fairly on!

Going in at half-time only 2-1 down having pulled back from 2-0, they were still in with a shout.

Perhaps someone would like to clarify exactly why Bryan Hawke was sent off, some of us on the far side couldn't see what happened to trigger the card!

Have to say though that St Day ended up a little fortunate to only have two sent off come the end - I reckon referee Steve Rose took pity on them by only talking to Dominic Pullen after raising his hands, while the St Agnes got a yellow!

The day was ruled by goalkeepers though - they were all over the place - the management on each side being ex-'keepers - Martyn Kimmins for St Agnes, against Symon Winnan and Dennis Annear for St Day.

The ref Rosie is an ex-keeper.

And what a save by St Agnes' 'keeper Ryan Bull from Brett Wasden's penalty - a goal then could just have got them back in it!

St Day certainly lost their cool a little. But I wouldn't describe the game as the link above "ST AGNES came out on top in an ill-tempered clash". I think St Day pressed a self-destruct button fairly on!

Going in at half-time only 2-1 down having pulled back from 2-0, they were still in with a shout.

Perhaps someone would like to clarify exactly why Bryan Hawke was sent off, some of us on the far side couldn't see what happened to trigger the card!

Have to say though that St Day ended up a little fortunate to only have two sent off come the end - I reckon referee Steve Rose took pity on them by only talking to Dominic Pullen after raising his hands, while the St Agnes got a yellow!

The day was ruled by goalkeepers though - they were all over the place - the management on each side being ex-'keepers - Martyn Kimmins for St Agnes, against Symon Winnan and Dennis Annear for St Day.

And what a save by St Agnes' 'keeper Ryan Bull from Brett Wasden's penalty - a goal then could just have got them back in it!

What is Dennis Annear doing at St Day? :unsure:

What is Dennis Annear doing at St Day? :unsure:

his son play's for them

An excellent result for St Agnes today - entering the fixture as the under-dogs - with two of the expected starting line up missing, Gavin Bennett injured and Sam Hatfield skiing, and St Day fielding players such as Dave Rawlings the result was easily predicted by all in St Day's favour! St Agnes played as a club and a team, Matt Eddy in central defence with Tom Bartlett was outstanding and Tom Benney with Justin Andrew were on form. The St Agnes team played for nothing more than the club, with their hearts on their sleeves, and the result reflected their dedication. Ryan Bull pulled off a great penalty save and manager Martyn Kimmins was seen to display the biggest smile anyone ever had seen him show as he leads his St Agnes team forward into the final on Easter Sunday against the winner of Illogan V Culdrose in the other semi-final! A big thank you to all the members of St Agnes AFC for their support today and to all the managers of so many Combination League Clubs who have supported and telephoned this week to wish St Agnes AFC success in today's semi-final!

Guest Living the dream

Well I think one of the subs has now left because of it, pretty from the management for someone thats been there all season to be dropped!

Dave, in reply to your comment about Hawkey! he got sent off for kicking me. I miscontrolled the ball and it went out for a throw, they were going to take a quick throw in, so I knocked it out his hands, as I was running back, he kicked out at me! I got booked for knocking the ball away!!

Today, I'm in absolute pieces, head is thumping, back is killing me!!!

Get in though, what a great result!

Well done everyone at Aggie, Tom benney quality player and Loyal !!! Mandy I think we need a picture posted on here of Kimmo smiling so that we can actually believe you. :clapper:

And St Darren, I can't belive you mis controlled the ball, you could slice a cucumber with that foot......... :yahoo:

Good luck in the Final........

Guest WINNO

Bobbly pitch John!!!

First off Well done to St Agnes yesterday on a par I think you deserved your victory. I hate loosing but if you have to I couldn't find a better person to do it to Martyn Kimmins Top bloke and good mate and I wish him and the club all the best in the Final.

We had to bring in a couple of players because we were forced to do it just to put a team out. This is not an excuse at the outcome but we had 6 of the normal squad unavaliable yesterday for different reasons. Rawlings came into the side as we only had 3 fit defenders and Stu Reynolds into the attack simple. I could have brought in Andy Butcher etc etc but didnt because we had a keeper. I nearly even played myself so Alan Buckley could have played out. On the bench was Sam Harry carrying a knock and Adam Johns injured hence why they didnt come on. Andy Dyer was left out because he made it clear to the management him and Domo cannot play upfront together so we changed it brought in Stu whom is a St Day player.

Im not making any excuses at all as to the result we tried and we wernt good enough on the day saying that the Aggie keeper made some very good saves at some very important times.

There were some big moments in the game Hawkeys sending off was a big 1 it happened right infront of me and even though he raised his foot it wasn't in an aggressive way it was a reaction to Darren punching the ball away it was more of a trip. A yellow maybe but red no chance. Also the 1st half penalty whistle to his mouth then not given. Not saying anything about the ref personally as anyone who was there at the game had it all to see plainly infront of them.

GOOD LUCK TO AGGIE AND TO MARTYN JENNINGS KIMMINS :clapper:

Andy Dyer was left out because he made it clear to the management him and Domo cannot play upfront together so we changed it brought in Stu whom is a St Day player.

Correct me if you think im wrong, but in my experience any good manager would know who can and cannot play upfront together, its not a decision a player should make ? Maybe they do things different at St Day, seems very strange :wacko:

Guest WINNO

Andy Dyer was left out because he made it clear to the management him and Domo cannot play upfront together so we changed it brought in Stu whom is a St Day player.

Correct me if you think im wrong, but in my experience any good manager would know who can and cannot play upfront together, its not a decision a player should make ? Maybe they do things different at St Day, seems very strange :wacko:

I KNOW THEY CANT MATE. BUT ISNT IT NICE WHEN A PLAYER ACTUALLY ADMITS IT!!!!! :drink:

Guest Living the dream

Anyone that saw Andy yesterday would of seen how gutted he was not to be playing, wafer thin excuse i think from the st day team.

I KNOW THEY CANT MATE. BUT ISNT IT NICE WHEN A PLAYER ACTUALLY ADMITS IT!!!!! :drink:

Bloody hell, what manager in their right mind would come on here and spout the stuff you do. Surely the things your saying should be kept behind closed doors ?

Combo prediction for the week: Mass exodus from St Day (lack of confidence in the management) :blink:

Guest CONFLICTO

Bloody hell, what manager in their right mind would come on here and spout the stuff you do. Surely the things your saying should be kept behind closed doors ?

Combo prediction for the week: Mass exodus from St Day (lack of confidence in the management) :blink:

perhaps they can all join you down at portreath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest WINNO

you only had 3 fit subs????

are your reserves not signed on for combo??

or did they have a game that day???

The 2nds are signed well most of them but u have to have played3 games for the 1st team to play in a semi final.

This debate isnt about slating St Day either at the earliest opportunity. We lost a game of football big deal. Ive said well done to Aggie and good luck to them .Silly little sly comments wont affect what we are trying to do at St day. Andy Dyer is staying at the club as well. No mass exodus either infact 2 or 3 new signings on the way!!!!!!!

Silly little sly comments wont affect what we are trying to do at St day. Andy Dyer is staying at the club as well. No mass exodus either infact 2 or 3 new signings on the way!!!!!!!

By no way are they silly or sly comments, I am merely questioning your integrity as a manager, nothing more, nothing less :unsure:

Guest WINNO

Silly little sly comments wont affect what we are trying to do at St day. Andy Dyer is staying at the club as well. No mass exodus either infact 2 or 3 new signings on the way!!!!!!!

By no way are they silly or sly comments, I am merely questioning your integrity as a manager, nothing more, nothing less :unsure:

Nowt to do with integrity at all i have nothing to hide and will explain my actions and stand by them. You obviously dont like me as you never have a good word to say about me or St Day football club. Thanks for your opinion anyway I wont change my ways because of your views though......

Nowt to do with integrity at all

Really it has everything to do with integrity :wacko:

i have nothing to hide and will explain my actions

Maybe thats the problem, explain them to the players not the whole footballing community !

Good luck with your quest for silverware this season :thumbsup:

I started watching this match as a complete neutral, but I was soon hoping that St. Agnes would win. The reason was the constant use of foul language, and the ‘F word’ in particular, by the St. Day side. In comparison St. Agnes very rarely used foul language and were a credit to their club.

In pre-match team talks do managers tell their players cut out bad language and if not why not? It would be interesting to know if Winno and/or Kimmo stressed this to their players before Sunday’s match.

It’s about time that managers sorted this out!

Guest WINNO

I started watching this match as a complete neutral, but I was soon hoping that St. Agnes would win. The reason was the constant use of foul language, and the ‘F word’ in particular, by the St. Day side. In comparison St. Agnes very rarely used foul language and were a credit to their club.

In pre-match team talks do managers tell their players cut out bad language and if not why not? It would be interesting to know if Winno and/or Kimmo stressed this to their players before Sunday’s match.

It’s about time that managers sorted this out!

I hate the swearing etc and attitude of certain players not at St Day or St Agnes but right through football and I never encourage it at all and I bet my life on it Kimmo hates it as well. Could easily walk away from football as the attitude towards the game has changed drastically and I dont think certain people especially certain individuals on here help at all.

Lets hope we all get together and take football in Cornwall forward rather than drag it further into the gutter