Cornwall Football Forum

City out of FA Cup after penalty shoot-out!

Truro City out of FA Cup, losing Penalty Shoot-Out, after it finished 1-1 after extra time ! :(

Mangotsfield United 4-3 Truro City

Truro went first .....

Barry McConnell missed M scored 0-1

Lee Hodges missed M missed 0-1

Stuart Yetton scored M scored 1-2

Scott Walker scored M scored 2-3

Andy Taylor scored M scored 3-4

Many there Dave? Nice club at Mangotsfield. A good day out in the F.A cup a few years ago with St Blazey.

Just read the Mangotsfield report and the gate was officially 529.

According to the programme editor it was the greatest game for him wathing Mangotsfield in 22 years.

Well done Mangotsfield an absolutely great result and a fine club as well , Good luck next round. WONDERFUL RESULT :yahoo:

Not the best night in 22 years, lads, but ONE of the best and certainly the BEST in recent years which have been a struggle, to be honest.

Our lads raised their game to a level not seen in recent times. We should have won in 90 minutes and again in 120 minutes, as we created more chances than they did. And what with a penalty shoot-out a well, something which we were never that good at, it was a memorable night all round.

To be honest, it reminded me of years ago at Cossham St when we'd get big crowds most of the time, atmosphere and all the rest of it. Now the club can experience it all over again in 10 days time against Forest Green. This will be the 4th time in this decade that we have reached the 4th QR. I hope it will be the FIRST time that we have reached Round One Proper, but it won't be easy, we know that. Conference team, professionals, higher fitness levels etc, but we'll have a go!

But it was also a REALLY GOOD GAME anyway last night between 2 teams who just wanted to play football. There was no nonsense, players picked themselves up & got on with the game. Missing the first 2 penalties probably unsettled Truro as well, and then having one of ours retaken (because the keeper moved) didn't help them either, but what they won't realise is that the ONLY player to miss a Mangotsfield penalty last night WAS OUR REGULAR PENALTY TAKER!!!

Great night though & maybe some action will be on the local news because the ITV cameras were there.

Oh and Mike - I'll see what I can do!

Not the best night in 22 years, lads, but ONE of the best and certainly the BEST in recent years which have been a struggle, to be honest.

Our lads raised their game to a level not seen in recent times. We should have won in 90 minutes and again in 120 minutes, as we created more chances than they did. And what with a penalty shoot-out a well, something which we were never that good at, it was a memorable night all round.

To be honest, it reminded me of years ago at Cossham St when we'd get big crowds most of the time, atmosphere and all the rest of it. Now the club can experience it all over again in 10 days time against Forest Green. This will be the 4th time in this decade that we have reached the 4th QR. I hope it will be the FIRST time that we have reached Round One Proper, but it won't be easy, we know that. Conference team, professionals, higher fitness levels etc, but we'll have a go!

But it was also a REALLY GOOD GAME anyway last night between 2 teams who just wanted to play football. There was no nonsense, players picked themselves up & got on with the game. Missing the first 2 penalties probably unsettled Truro as well, and then having one of ours retaken (because the keeper moved) didn't help them either, but what they won't realise is that the ONLY player to miss a Mangotsfield penalty last night WAS OUR REGULAR PENALTY TAKER!!!

Great night though & maybe some action will be on the local news because the ITV cameras were there.

Oh and Mike - I'll see what I can do!

you tell me would that jobs worth lineo make a mangofield player retake his pen,no way,pepe in goal for liverpool is out ten feet but nothing done,what a twa,, :o

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

you tell me would that jobs worth lineo make a mangofield player retake his pen,no way,pepe in goal for liverpool is out ten feet but nothing done,what a twa,, :o

Not moaning about a Lino getting a decision right are you ?

To be honest, Truro's Mr M, we all know that ALL goalkeepers move when it's a penalty, don't they? When our lad lined up to take the kick, I was actually looking at him rather than the keeper, to see how confident he looked, but then the flag going up caught my attention. Brave decision admittedly, but I watched the linesman more after that and he never took his eyes off either keeper. It was a pivotal moment of the shoot-out, but I still think that your first 2 misses meant you were always chasing it after that.

It would be nice to see Falmouth Town repeat their 1st Round triumph. I wasn't born when that happened but I suspect the town had a ticker tape parade organised for the club.

Guys let's but this in a bit of perspective Falmouth Town in the FA Cup 1st round doesn't even compute with the egg ball clubs around these parts. Camborne, Penzance and Redruth have all gotten to the Fifth round of the equivalent rugby competition in the past. Mention "Soccer" in Camborne/Redruth and see what you get.

Let's not get previous Cornish football clubs achievements in the past overhyped because on balance it's been very poor.

At least we have one club in Cornwall trying to change this dire situation albeit failing again, but there is always next year.

Does anybody really care about who and when anybody got to the 1st round of the F.a.cup ? I certainly don't think it's anything to shout about really even less so as it was so long ago.

With a bit of luck and a decent draw anybody can do it

I think you are the minority there snake!! Have you ever played in the FA Cup? It's the FA Cup!! THE biggest cup competition in the world!! I have been lucky enough to play in a few FA Cup games and dream of getting to the 1st round!! And for a club in Cornwall (Falmouth) to get to the 1st round is definately worth shouting about!!

It would be nice to see Falmouth Town repeat their 1st Round triumph. I wasn't born when that happened but I suspect the town had a ticker tape parade organised for the club.

Guys let's but this in a bit of perspective Falmouth Town in the FA Cup 1st round doesn't even compute with the egg ball clubs around these parts. Camborne, Penzance and Redruth have all gotten to the Fifth round of the equivalent rugby competition in the past. Mention "Soccer" in Camborne/Redruth and see what you get.

Let's not get previous Cornish football clubs achievements in the past overhyped because on balance it's been very poor.

At least we have one club in Cornwall trying to change this dire situation albeit failing again, but there is always next year.

I don't really agree here slummer. It is an achievement to get that far for the Egg Chasers but if there were as few football teams as there are rugby, then clubs in Cornwall would be supported by 3,000 people every game and would get a lot further in the cups!! You can't say say Egg Chasing is better supported in Cornwall because I bet if you rounded up all the fans that support the hundreds of football clubs in Cornwall they would massively out number those fans of the Egg!!

Not gloating, just stated that Mangos are one of my fav fruits and it appears that yours is sour grapes !

i think you was moaning whenTRUROS 2ND team hammered you 6-2,wsant it the linesman ,ref and a flying pig that stopped your team from winning,and ahh yes you had 60 players missing :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Which one of the Truro players is the 'Flying Pig' ? Bit harsh on your lads !

You were lucky to draw at home and could only draw away against a side from a lower Div. You lost on Pens when a lino called correctly that the keeper had moved and a Pen had to be retaken... you really can't complain, you could and should have won BUT DIDN'T.

Not gloating, just stated that Mangos are one of my fav fruits and it appears that yours is sour grapes !

i think you was moaning whenTRUROS 2ND team hammered you 6-2,wsant it the linesman ,ref and a flying pig that stopped your team from winning,and ahh yes you had 60 players missing :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

you wont win the old saying you cant educate pork mr murinho . what i find funny is his totally blinked bias personally i think we did well and he forgets that next year we will be in it again unlike his team. its totally pointless trying to reason with him . i love his title red or dead im sure chelski play in blue and peppermints are green maybe the red is aimed at the fact thier owned by a former commie which could explain his view point. personally i just put it down to the rants of a bitter old man with nothing better to do than knock anyone who supports city. and to the falmouth supporters grats on keeping the record for the first round but we will progress past it one day soon :)

personally i think we did well

Sickly Drink Premier Division TOP

10 Oct 09 P W D L W D L W D L GF GA GD Pts

Bashley 11 5 0 0 2 3 1 7 3 1 28 13 15 24

Farnborough 10 3 2 0 4 1 0 7 3 0 24 10 14 24

Brackley Town 11 2 1 2 4 2 0 6 3 2 25 14 11 21

Truro City 10 2 1 2 3 2 0 5 3 2 21 13 8 18

Cambridge City 10 3 2 0 1 4 0 4 6 0 16 8 8 18

Division One South & West

13 Oct 09 P W D L W D L W D L GF GA GD Pts

AFC Totton 8 3 1 0 3 0 1 6 1 1 12 5 7 19

Gosport Borough 9 2 2 0 3 1 1 5 3 1 21 16 5 18

Windsor & Eton 8 3 1 0 2 2 0 5 3 0 11 6 5 18

Cirencester Town 8 3 1 1 2 1 0 5 2 1 20 13 7 17

Thatcham Town 8 3 1 1 2 0 1 5 1 2 19 9 10 16

North Leigh 9 5 0 1 0 1 2 5 1 3 23 15 8 16

VT FC 8 3 0 0 2 1 2 5 1 2 16 10 6 16

Abingdon United 9 3 0 1 1 1 3 4 1 4 21 17 4 13

Andover 8 3 1 1 1 0 2 4 1 3 15 15 0 13

Bridgwater Town 7 3 0 1 0 3 0 3 3 1 13 7 6 12

Hungerford Town 8 1 0 2 3 0 2 4 0 4 13 10 3 12

Yate Town 9 3 0 2 1 0 3 4 0 5 12 13 -1 12

Bedfont Green 8 2 1 1 1 1 2 3 2 3 21 12 9 11

Paulton Rovers 7 1 2 1 2 0 1 3 2 2 9 7 2 11

Uxbridge 9 1 2 0 2 0 4 3 2 4 20 27 -7 11

Frome Town 8 2 0 1 1 1 3 3 1 4 11 15 -4 10

Taunton Town 10 1 1 2 1 1 4 2 2 6 10 17 -7 8

AFC Hayes 8 2 0 2 0 1 3 2 1 5 13 18 -5 7

Bishops Cleeve 6 1 1 1 1 0 2 2 1 3 9 14 -5 7

Mangotsfield United 6 1 1 1 0 1 2 1 2 3 8 11 -3 5

Cinderford Town 10 1 0 4 0 0 5 1 0 9 17 27 -10 3

Bracknell Town 11 1 0 5 0 0 5 1 0 10 9 39 -30 3

Hey Judge, thanks for reminding us Mangos of our league position! It's been easy to forget we're 3rd from bottom. Do you know, we haven't played in the league for 7 games now? Been all cups since then. Sept 19th was our last league game. We have a league game on Tuesday, and then it's back to the Cups again with another 2 cup matches in succession.

Meanwhile, I hope everyone on here's teams do well tomorrow. Tiverton v Truro will be one heck of a game though. I don't know about Truro having problems, (probably just a blip) but Tivvy certainly are! The manager has been in charge for far too long there and they need a change to freshen things up.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

copy cat,thats what happens to most people on here that read your posts, :c::D :D