Cornwall Football Forum

F.A.Vase Truro City v Whitley Bay

Kernowman you could go on the Whitley Bay coach should they do the unthinkable....

I could always hope for a draw and then I could go to the reply up here! :P

Kernowman, join Hungerford Town supporters club and you'll be able to buy cheap cup final tickets.

I might just do that Cornishteddyboy :drink:

Thats where Truro City should be competing next season in The F A Trophy

Alongside such Ex League teams as Torquay U,Exeter C, Oxford U,Cambridge U, York C,Halifax T and who ever gets relegated fron FL Div.2

A challenging and exciting prospect.

Another controversal topic -will the pitch hold up for football and Pirates Rugby next season as I understand this was the talk from terraces yesterday with Pirates players,supporters and stewards in attendance.

I was not there but had a long conversation last evening with a good friend and die hard City supporter from the RED and Black Era.

Mike I think the simple answer is no to the question of football and rugby being able to be played at Treyew Road.

And that's no matter how much time the groundsman spends on repairing the pitch.

Also can't imagine what the footballers will think about it. Not exactly going to help skilful football. Something that surely will become more evident as they try and climb the pyramid with the addition of "better" players.

Not quite sure where this sudden allegiance with the rugby guys has come from or where it is heading?

Gardner did play, of course, Dave, and slotted in well. I was worried before the game that he and Graeme Power might not work as central defenders, but they were fine together. Marcus Martin can be pleased with himself: kept going, kept his head. Chapman made three outstanding saves. I thought that on another day it could well have been 3 - 0 the other way.

I think the Pirates boys enjoyed themselves to some extent. The Bay fans were great, too. No crowing afterwards: they were just happy. One of them had a fifties-style football rattle! I don't think you'd be allowed to take one into a League ground these days on Elfin Safety grounds! Truro now need to get on with it and mark it down as just a bad day at the office. It's a game, and you have to learn how to lose as well as how to win - especially the fans!