Cornwall Football Forum

New Manager

Guest ggr_garth

Guest ggr_garth

Just heard on BBC Radio Cornwall that an announcement on the managerial situation at Truro City FC will be made by Kevin Heaney after the game tonight.

So, who do YOU think will be named as the new manager then?

Guest Peppermint

I am pleased if it is Dave Leonard to stay because he has obviously done a fine job for the Club. So if this is true it is hardly a earth shattering announcement!

Guest ggr_garth

Taken from the Truro City FC forum:

allforone1889:

There may well be a reason can't say I'm surprised but there will be unsettling times ahead for all not a very happy man tonight as the reasons will become apparent.

What is this implying then?

That has to be one of the strangest postings I have seen. i have added a couple of comma's to try and make more sence of the posting

I too quote allforone1889:

There may well be a reason, can't say I'm surprised, but there will be unsettling times ahead for all, not a very happy man tonight as the reasons will become apparent.

It seems we have to break this down as you would a cryptic crossword.

For a start Dave Leonard has not stood down at Truro City FC he just said he would not continue in the post as a full time manager but would be prepared to stay with the club at any capacity.

Secondly the sentence: 'There may well be a reason can't say I'm surprised'.

I think this relates to the announcement 'after the match'. allforone 1889 obviously knows, but why an announcement after the match, why not before or even at half time. He says 'can't say I'm surprised'. Is the new encumbent not expected to be popular? or because he is bringing in his own backroom staff, Because it seems very odd. allforone 1889 is obviously not happy or he would not have posted like that.

The next part of the sentence says 'but there will be unsettling times ahead for all'. Now that is a profound statement to make. Again allforone 1889 is not a happy bunny but why unsettling times ahead 'AND FOR ALL'. Does this mean that the new man is going full time straight away and he is ready to bring in a number of new players straight away which might explain the 'for all' part. But 'for all' means I would have thought everyone at the club. The Secretary, the Commercial Manager and so on. Does it mean Dave Leonard's services are 'no longer required in any capacity including his current backroom staff'. It cant' possibly be Chris Webb as he got Mr Heaney involved in the first place.

The next part of the sentence says 'not a very happy man tonight as the reasons will become apparant'. Again a pretty profound statement to make. Will allforone be losing his post as I have noticed a few of his postings lately have not been too positive.

Altogether a very intriguing posting indeed and I suppose all who has a comment to make on this thread like me are very confused and most probably be wrong.

Could it be that Mr Heaney has seen what has happened to the club over the Christmas period, does not like what he saw and is taking action now. Waiting until over an hour to score against Odd Down who were second bottom in the league followed by the 1-0 home defeat against Corsham Town and the shattering 5-2 defeat at Dawlish Town must have come as a great shock to him. Two more 1-0 victories albeit against top sides may not have been to Mr Heaney's liking after all he is paying out thousands of pounds a week against clubs who are paying in the hundreds. It could well be he is unhappy about players under performing and the Marcus Martin incident cannot have looked good to his perspective.

Could it be that Mr Heaney has seen the future with him in charge at the odd ball club and he is handing over the reigns to someone else to run the club.

Can't wait until about 9.15/30pm tonight as this is fast becoming an Agatha Christie story which may not be unravelled even after the announcemnt is made.

What is intriguing is that the announcement is being made AFTER the match. I must admit that one has got me as most of the fans will have gone home. Very odd!!

From Truro web site about "new" manager ..............

I think all we learnt tonight that we will have to buy the West Briton tomorrow morning to find out the definitive (?) answer, a lot of us hung around after the match expecting some sort of announcement but nothing seemed to be forth-coming other than the Press had been told.

now that would be good news!

Also can we see the result of the game on here tonight please? For me i`m an ill man. x

Is it man flu? Its been doing the rounds an is becoming quite the a nasty customer to shake off.

Dont forget everyone truro city 3rds are still unbeaten this season!!

Hopefully we'll find out the news dreckly? Could be Steve Mcclaren as manager next year....oh... wait there that would be taking a step back.. Lenny to stay on. Good chap.

Yeah it is unfortunately, firstly i had this Novo Virus inbetween and over new year, then went back to work for 2.2 days then left work feeling pretty rough again and that was last friday, on sunday night i was virtually a cripple could hardly move.

Seen the doc on monday morning and got Flu, bronchitis, and sinus infection, got antibiotics but is taking me all week to get over it. Total illness days since xmas is at 11 so far :(

Sorry to ruin the topic guys, you dont wanna hear about me x

Yeah it is unfortunately, firstly i had this Novo Virus inbetween and over new year, then went back to work for 2.2 days then left work feeling pretty rough again and that was last friday, on sunday night i was virtually a cripple could hardly move.

Seen the doc on monday morning and got Flu, bronchitis, and sinus infection, got antibiotics but is taking me all week to get over it. Total illness days since xmas is at 11 so far :(

Sorry to ruin the topic guys, you dont wanna hear about me x

Sorry to learn this paparazzi, im sure the tide will turn soon for you so keep your head up and have a positive mental attitude and you'll be on your feet in no time.

Get well soon!

Let us all know when your feeling better

Isn't life bizarre. I wish Dave Leonard every success in his full time role but I sincerely fear for his future. He has made a brave decision and I hope he receives a massive pay rise and a very long contract.

Having turned the job down once and the club insisting that they advertised the position and had a number of replies what made them push for Dave. Were the applicants not good enough, not suitable or what.

In view of the decision I can't understand allforone 1889 statement. He said he was not happy, there will be unsettling times ahead and the reasons will become apparant. Was he against the decision and if so what reasons have become apparent as every posting seems to be pleased with the outcome.

I understand there will be some sort of press statement today. I feel sorry for the fans who stayed behind after last nights match and no statement given. Or am I wrong on that point. I haven't got todays newspapers yet so I like everyone else will have to wait the official statement.

Good luck to Dave Leonard-I remember his SWL baptism at Falmouth under Dave Wadd in the mid eighties.

Having played Southern League for Tiverton I am sure he is aware of the requirements at that level and conversant with the West Country playing talent.

Am I right in thinking Dave also played Conference for Yeovil Town?

An indication of Truro's proffessional outlook they have just signed their loan Exeter City player Dean Stamp for a five figure fee.

A suggestion for any Cornish club with 'hot property' young players who look likely to progress-put them under contract as there may be a Truro pay day in the future.

Am I the only one that thinks this topic was a total waste of time allforone must have known Mr Lennord was staying so why not just say so and ggr garth said an announcment about a new manager wasnt correct as there is no new manager only the same one that has been so succesful with the club.

Sorry I dont mean to rant just can't understand what this topic was all about

But it's only a waste of time in retrospect. I can't believe allforone knew the tenor of the announcement, and I really can't believe he'd deliberately mislead anybody as a publicity stunt (publiCity?).

There was some genuine anxiety on the part of the City fans.

Guest ggr_garth

Well the way I heard it on Radio Cornwall they seemed assured that there was going to be an announcement, I was just interested to see what was going to happen.

Nice to start a little debate anyway!! Enjoyed watching a game at Treyew last night too, nice to see little Resk bagging a beauty!!!

In view of the decision I can't understand allforone 1889 statement. He said he was not happy, there will be unsettling times ahead and the reasons will become apparant. Was he against the decision and if so what reasons have become apparent as every posting seems to be pleased with the outcome.

I heard today ,and its only a rumour, that Dave Leonard is actually going to be director of football and Webby is to be given a different position at the club,maybe that is what allforone is unhappy about?