Cornwall Football Forum

Mortgage Advice Bureau ECPL Fixtures Tuesday 22nd May

On 21/05/2018 at 17:44, ECPL said:

Mortgage Advice Bureau ECPL Fixtures Tuesday 22nd May

Premier Division

Launceston v Torpoint Athletic

Likseard Athletic v Saltash United

St Austell v Callington Town (Home win awarded)

So i presume that Callington could not raise a side !! must have a late call as this is the only notice of a postponement i could subsequently find.

Wonder how many more like me drove up to Poltair only to find the gates well and truly shut.

Sad state of affairs, lovely evening to get out and watch a game, but if the players don't want to travel there's nothing you can do.

Yes ! reduce the number of teams in all divisions.Interestingly the P & D are having a winter break next season-I understand there will be no fixtures in December,January

and February-seems a bit drastic;but can anyone from across the border confirm this ?

2 hours ago, Adlestrop said:

.Interestingly the P & D are having a winter break next season-I understand there will be no fixtures in December,January

and February-seems a bit drastic;

Isn't that what we all tried this season !!  hasn't worked out too good even for the leagues with smaller divisions. Sod's Law of course next season December, January and February will probably be bone dry and all the clubs will be crying out for matches. 

As a manager who has been on the end of the struggle to put sides out 3-4 times a week, I don’t necessary buy into the “too easy to cancel games” school of thought - the extended season, multiple games a week across 2-3 sides leading to a raft of injuries, sunny weather, “senior” status after 2 games and various other issues have meant it has been a massive struggle for clubs this year. In Callington’s case, I know players (and management) have been shared across their teams in order to fulfill as many fixtures as they could - I’m sure their decision to pull out of last night’s game wouldn’t have been taken without a lot of effort to raise a side. I think we have to face the fact that many players have just had enough of football for a few weeks/months! 

FarrGoo

Fair point,Matt: but on the same evening,Callington fielded a team for a Duchy League fixture.Isn't there an FA Rule  somewhere that a club must fulfil the game in

the highest League when there is a clash ? Can anyone advise on this situation ?

Edited by Adlestrop