Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday March 10 2018

PREMIER DIVISION

Camborne School of Mines v Lizard Argyle

Halsetown 0-3 St Keverne

Mawnan v Wendron United Reserves

Penryn Athletic Reserves 9-2 Troon AFC

St Agnes Reserves v St Buryan          (Possibly using 3rd team pitch ?)

Stithians v St Day Reserves  (showing as 18.15 ko!)

DIVISION 1

Constantine v Trispen

Lanner v Mawnan Reserves

Perranporth Reserves 1-4 Penwith Exiles

Rosudgeon 2-4 Newlyn Non-Athletico               

DIVISION 2

Frogpool & Cusgarne 0-1 Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

Mullion Reserves 6-0 Gwinear Churchtown

Newlyn Lions 4-1 Falmouth Town

Probus 4-0 Four Lanes           

Redruth United Reserves 0-4 Storm

St Day 3rds 4-1 Illogan RBL 3rds

DIVISION 3

Carharrack Reserves 4-0 St Ives Mariners          (Double header at Clijah)

Falmouth DC 2-2 West Cornwall Reserves

Ludgvan Reserves P-P St Agnes 3rds

St Buryan Reserves 4-2 Holman SC Reserves

St Erme v Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves

St Just Reserves 0-1 Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

St Ives Mariners v Carharrack Reserves          (Double header at Clijah)  

DIVISION 4

Constantine Reserves 1-2 Troon AFC Reserves (Match reversed to Troon)

Goonhavern Athletic 3rds v Probus Reserves

Hayle 3rds 5-7 Penzance Reserves

Lizard Argyle Reserves H/W Madron

Praze-an-Beeble v Perranwell Reserves

Wendron United 4ths v Mousehole 3rds

Frogpool Reserves are looking to make it 14 out of 14 as we travel to St Just. No doubt a tough game though against a side who are unbeaten since October.

This is presuming the game is on, which I expect it to be (St Just rarely cancel)!

Hayle 3rds 5-7 Penzance Reserves

Hayle were 4-0 down after 19mins as Penzance try to get to grips with the plastic grass. Everything 100mph including throws, goal kicks, etc. Daft pace. Once things calmed down and the game slowed they get one back before half-time. On 70 mins go 5-4 in front, Hayle equalise then Pz get 2 more including a penalty. They had to play the last few minutes out one short due to a red card for a tackle that was all sound and no malice.

St Just Seconds 0-1 Frogpool Reserves (HT0-0)

With the wind blowing from one end to the other, it was always going to be a battle. First half against the wind St Just defended well and really had the best of the chances. Second half neither team created and it looked a nailed on 0-0, however 3 minutes to go Frogpool countered well and scored. Very deflating for us, since we haven't lost since we last faced Frogpool in September! A few handbags as expected. Draw would've definitely been a fair result but fair play to Frogpool!

39 minutes ago, #sausagefingers said:

Constantine 1 Troon 2 game reversed and played at Troon wrong result on full-time table link.

Corrected - thank you.

Both managers text the score as 2-1 to Constantine. Was this confused because the game was reversed? Basically, I’m asking if Troon definitely won this game 2-1?

St Just Reserves 0-1 Frogpool Reserves

A very tough and even contest. We managed to get an 86th minute winner after Charlie Martin cooly played the ball to Jack Froud to convert.

Both sides could have won. Without our usual settled side away at a good team it was always going to be tough, but we kept plugging away and eventually got the goal. A draw would’ve been fair, but I’m ecstatic with the boys and their mentality to keep going. 14 wins out of 14. It’s mental that we’ve only played half our games and it’s March.

St Just finished the game with ten men after an altercation in midfield. 

Stand-in captain Tom Campbell and his defence of Jordan Phillipps Lewis Bax and man of the match  Richard Roper were outstanding as well. But I honestly couldn’t fault anyone.

Thanks to St Just for the hospitality.

1 hour ago, B_D said:

Corrected - thank you.

Both managers text the score as 2-1 to Constantine. Was this confused because the game was reversed? Basically, I’m asking if Troon definitely won this game 2-1?

No worries yes troon won 2-1 we've already played Constantine at home so was very thankful they switched to our place today to ensure the fixture went ahead good bunch of lads ?

58 minutes ago, Tempo said:

St Just Reserves 0-1 Frogpool Reserves

A very tough and even contest. We managed to get an 86th minute winner after Charlie Martin cooly played the ball to Jack Froud to convert.

Both sides could have won. Without our usual settled side away at a good team it was always going to be tough, but we kept plugging away and eventually got the goal. A draw would’ve been fair, but I’m ecstatic with the boys and their mentality to keep going. 14 wins out of 14. It’s mental that we’ve only played half our games and it’s March.

St Just finished the game with ten men after an altercation in midfield. 

Stand-in captain Tom Campbell and his defence of Jordan Phillipps Lewis Bax and man of the match  Richard Roper were outstanding as well. But I honestly couldn’t fault anyone.

Thanks to St Just for the hospitality.

Shame you can't get promoted!

14 hours ago, Wingersshins said:

Unlikely though

Frogpool 2nds have obviously got a good reserve side which tempo has mentioned a group of mates that just want to play together.whats the plan next season stay in div 3 I'm guessing you've got alot of youngsters in my opinion you want these lads pushing to play as high as possible good record though ?

3 hours ago, #sausagefingers said:

Frogpool 2nds have obviously got a good reserve side which tempo has mentioned a group of mates that just want to play together.whats the plan next season stay in div 3 I'm guessing you've got alot of youngsters in my opinion you want these lads pushing to play as high as possible good record though ?

Thanks mate. We’ll see what happens next year at the end of the season.