Cornwall Football Forum

A message from the staff and players...

A tweet by Truro's skipper Jake Ash this evening showing a post placed on the Tiger Talk forum - I'm sure he won't mind me copying onto here:-

Tues, Sep 11, 2012 8:30 pm

I know these forums are sacred to the supporters and I try not to read them (I can’t bear the constant barracking!) but on behalf of the staff and players we feel it is necessary to use this platform on this occasion.

This evening - Tuesday 11th September – several players and staff have signed a 100% wage deferral until the end of October while the administrators seek investment to take the club forward. This will essentially equate to a second successive month for which we will all go unpaid.

It is our understanding that without a large percentage of us agreeing to this, the club would not be a viable entity and would cease to trade.

Needless to say this has been a massive moral and financial decision for everyone at the club. We will lose some players as a result of this, and those that do, I have no doubt will leave with the upmost respect and understanding of everyone associated with the club, including the supporters. It is obvious to everyone the affect of not getting paid has; we have boys who are struggling to meet mortgages; boys who can’t afford to put fuel in their car to get down to home games and staff who are funding basic first aid equipment, pre match meals and half time refreshments through now stretched credit cards. We are not asking for sympathy – we are all incredibly privileged to do what we do, and to receive money in order to do it. But everyone here has done it for the club, and has gone through some horrible days and weeks, because without exception we all care for this football club.

That is why many of us have made the decision to sign the deferrals in order to give the wheels of change some time to turn. The success of this process is entirely out of our hands, other than providing our time in order for a takeover to be a viable proposition. For many of us this will mean making personal and financial sacrifices. But we all want there to be a Truro City Football Club, run properly and carrying the same badge that conveys all the history and pride that we all feel when we represent it.

I must stress that the club is now run solely by the administrators. Anyone who had grievances, for whatever reason, with anyone previously associated with the club, must now know that there is no link or any decision making made by the previous directors. We all respect everything that they tried to do with the club, and I am not going to run anyone down. But that regime is gone, and anyone that pays money through the turnstiles can be assured that the money will go towards helping to safeguard the future of the club by allowing the club to trade for as long as possible to conclude a sale.

Healthy crowds will help extend this period and thereby increase the chances of survival. We are calling on everyone to get themselves, family, friends, enemies, neighbours etc to Treyew on Saturday and get behind a truly loyal bunch of men who are giving their upmost in horrible circumstances to ensure a football club remains, and it’s history ensues. This could be the start of a really exciting new era. Even if it isn’t, at least we know we tried.

We, as players and staff, will do everything we can to give the club a chance with what we do on the field. Saturday wasn’t good enough, but I am sure it was a one off. In the meantime we are personally taking it upon ourselves to organise as much fundraising for the players and staff as our evenings will allow. Any money we do raise will keep the players and staff here in the short term and essentially gives the administrator more time to make a deal happen. The administrator, Kate Breese, has assured us that any money WE raise will ONLY go to the staff and players, 100% of it.

In short, these efforts will be used to directly pay the staff and players. Having spoken to numerous fans I know this is something they have talked about wanting to support. Thanks to my red card (keeper definitely dived!), I will start this with a bucket collection along with the injured crew on Saturday! Plans are also afoot for a golf day (Killiow Golf Club have already offered their course to us – thank you John!) and also a separate evening with a celebrity speaker (and although Yetts regards himself as a celeb, I do mean a proper one) and sit down meal.

Please, please, please – anyone that would want to help organise this or who has any contacts please get in touch via the details below. The administrators are also in the process of setting up a PayPal account so that anyone wanting to buy tickets for these events, can do so from a distance. Whilst we would never expect to meet our wages from these events, even if we can ensure staff and players are able to get to and from games, it would be a great relief.

It would be a real fantastic justification of our decision to see a big crowd on Saturday. It will cement the feeling that the community share our desire to see the Football Club carry in the guise we know it. And long after we as players and staff have left the club, you will still have a team to support on Saturday, playing at a level at which we all know a club in Cornwall should, and sustainably, can.

We really hope that our signing of these deferrals will ensure time for a satisfactory resolution to transpire. We are under no illusions that this may not actually be what happens, and that after the deferrals’ we may be even more out of pocket, but we have to give it a chance. When the deferral period is over we hope a positive decision will be an increasing reality. The longer this goes on, the more difficult it becomes so we all hope those interested in taking over resolve this as quickly as possible.

It goes without saying, and everyone who knows anything about the Truro City will know, that a club can prosper at this level. With the right people in charge, and the support of the community, this can be a real hub for Truro, and Cornwall. It can – without doubt - be a place with the sort of buzz we have experienced at so many other grounds up and down the Country in towns, cities and counties with far fewer patriotic communities than the one we boast.

We just need to get behind it, for as long as we can, and as a group together – players, staff, supporters, community and investors – give it a chance to be the club we know it can be.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support.

See you on Saturday!

Jake Ash

07769 210089

tcfcadmin@googlemail.com

P.S. - We know there has been a lack of information coming out over the recent months, and we have been subject to it too. We will do our best to use this forum to keep everyone as up to date as we can.

David I have refrained from ever commenting on any of the Truro city topics however I have to say that is probably the best and most genuine post I have ever read on this forum

I would like to say great respect to jake ash who has clearly displayed great leadership and commendable diplomacy as captain of Truro city Fc. Truro have talented individuals playing at a high standard of football that yields financial rewards and as such any person who receives a bonus at work or playing a sport they love have clearly set up a monthly financial budget using the money they receive to budget for a mortgage or fuel for the car etc. for a number of players and staff to volunteer to not recieve any payment for two months is very commendable and in this economic enviroment shows a fantastic commitment to the club they play for and great club loyalty

I wish Truro all the best in the future and hope that they can find a way through this mess and come out of the other side a little bit wiser but still together as a club and hopefully still retaining a highly commendable high ranking in the pyramid league system. People love football and are passionate about the sport I think jake has shown that beneath all the bad publicity that surrounds his club even if it is justified sometimes or not their is still passionate people there both on the pitch and behind the scenes who only want the Truro legacy and history to continue and for that they should be applauded.

Further update from Jake on the tremendous response.......(taken from the Tigertalk forum)

WOW!

What a humbling response from everyone. Really has justified the decision and I have spoken to some of the lads this morning and the feedback has really bouyed the group.

We have already had some staggering offers of assistance - from venues for fundraising events, cash donations and even the promise to supply lucozades for Saturday's game from a certain previous Secretary and his wife.

We now have the PayPal account setup so anyone wanting to donate financially can do so that way. Registration with PayPal is very easy - once you have done that you just click 'Send money'. The recipient address is: paypal.account@walshtaylor.co.uk

As players and staff we have access to this account and as a group choose how this money is distributed. If anyone wanting to contribute has a specific desire for it to go to anything in particular let us know. But as a general rule it will merely be distributed via Walsh Taylor and deducted from monthly wage monies outstanding.

I will post updates on where we are before the end of the week.

I suspect Lee will update via City Alerts as to individual decisions, and who has/hasn't signed over the next couple of days.

Once again, and I really mean this, thank you. Truly humbled.

Jake

Well said , Jake a statement that holds so much respect i hope Truro can sort this out respect to yourself and Chris i know from my short time at the club how hard the coaches and playing staff have work to get you to the standards you have all reached, Best wishes and i hope you all get the support you all need and deserve, And golf at killow sounds good catch up sometime Metts, and good point about Yetts but could be an interesting speaker lol ! Alan Metters

That statement from Jake draws a line under events of the past in my eyes; we are all aware of the local feel towards Kevin Heaney and his treatment of local businesses etc, but it is good to publicly hear he has no involvement now.

Because of his departure from the club, there surely has never been a better time to show support and try to get Treyew rammed.

Those who berated Heaney, denied any benefit for Cornish football etc; vote with your feet and show him that he was the problem. He will still be looking on from afar and record attendances in his absence will the best silent message you could send.

From this point on, I will not mention his name and I think we should make an effort to refrain from mentioning the man on this forum.

A referral to the former regime may be inevitable from time to time but I will no longer speak of an individual that has ruined a local football club and I would urge you all to do the same.

Good riddance, Let's hope Truro can survive; I for one will get to some home games as a neutral following this explanation from Jake Ash.

Best of luck to all involved.

DK

Are you sure you Mr Heaney has really gone.

Who are JoJo Investments, who bought the ground a few days before the club and Mr Heaney went bust. Very convenient that it was sold just in time. Don't both Mr Heaney's girlfriend and secretary (or is it sister) Christian names begin with Jo. Remember how he tried to buy Plymouth Argyle with a company named after and fronted by his girlfriend.

Are you sure JoJo Investments isn't a front? Have they demanded rent off the club?

Mr Heaney was owed £1.7M by the club, Treyew road sold for £2.28M. Where is that balance of £528,000?

Does Mr Heaney still own Treyew Road via JoJo Investments?

One possible solution for Truro City but it would take a couple of years to sort out.

If JoJo Investments are genuine, perhaps they can raise the money to go in partnership with the Pirates to build that stadium at Threemilestone, then get that investment back by selling Treyew Road at a later date.

Then Truro would have no worries about stadium running costs shortfalls as Mr Evans said he would pick up the stadium losses for the first ten years.

It would take a couple of years to build the stadium but will the 'new' owners allow Truro to play at Treyew Road for that amount of time?

Does anyone really believe that the so-called ex-owner is not currently involved in a such way as to protect his own interests in the club? I cannot see what the Administrator has to offer any potential buyer and see no way the club will continue as we know it.

Jake Ash has my total admiration and I hope he can salvage something for those supporting his current efforts, though it can only be very short term I'm afraid.

Does Mr Heaney still own Treyew Road via JoJo Investments?

My guess is yes he does. A "bankrupt" man seen travelling to London (last week?) in First Class is clearly not without funds. My prediction is that he will be aware of the dislike the supporters, volunteers, players and coaching staff have for his actions from just before Cornish Properties went bust and will react to this by making sure he gets his pound of flesh. He will see Treyew Road developed and will receive a kick-back from that which would make our eyes water! If any kind of malpractice has occurred in the sale of the club or in its original sale to him so that in fact the premises should still belong to the football club it would take a lot of years and a shed load of cash to unravel it all. Meanwhile, where does the club go? The coaching staff are hanging on for a month. Four weeks. Mmm. Not long in a situation such as this. Meanwhile I will be making sure I am at the game on Saturday adding to the coffers - at least no fear that Heaney can pocket any of that! - because I want to see Conference football in Cornwall continue.

I couldn't answer any of those as an outsider CTB and agree that whilst sceptical about the ownership, if he has nothing to do with the day to day running of the club but is potentially just the landlord; that's a big enough step forward for me. Especially after commitment is being shown in bucket loads by those signing a deferral.

You have a good point about the additional balance after he has paid himself back though, I guess that administrators are not in a position to challenge that transaction? If they are, you are right to ask the question of the surplus money.

If morals are involved though, I think we can all guess whether it would be injected back into the club or not!

Plenty more shenanigans to come out of this mess yet, TCFC in my opinion are all but finished. Very noble to forego your wages but it only extends the pain. There is no income other than gate money - as stated by the administrator. First call on that - the administrator??? then the employee's. Nowhere near enough to sustain where TCFC are.

Ask yourself the question, the debt is greater than the value of the land and they don't own the land!, so what is there to buy??????

At this moment in time TCFC cannot buy a goalkeepers shirt, its there for all to see.

As for jo jo international or whatever they're called, I don't doubt if you could track back through offshore companies, tax havens and all the other tricks of business it would lead to one conclusion - work it out.

Plenty more shenanigans to come out of this mess yet, TCFC in my opinion are all but finished. Very noble to forego your wages but it only extends the pain. There is no income other than gate money - as stated by the administrator. First call on that - the administrator??? then the employee's. Nowhere near enough to sustain where TCFC are.

Ask yourself the question, the debt is greater than the value of the land and they don't own the land!, so what is there to buy??????

At this moment in time TCFC cannot buy a goalkeepers shirt, its there for all to see.

As for jo jo international or whatever they're called, I don't doubt if you could track back through offshore companies, tax havens and all the other tricks of business it would lead to one conclusion - work it out.

So what do you suggest.Roll over and die.?

NO.

We will fight.

You aint got a clue,pal.

So what do you suggest.Roll over and die.?

NO.

We will fight.

You aint got a clue,pal.

You read that wrong bud. I certainly do have a clue - read it again!

TCFC will survive, but a million miles from where they are now.