Cornwall Football Forum

Im glad to announce that after a meeting tonight that the following players will be joining Stithians next term:

Lewis Ellis (ex Truro City,Nottingham Forest & Peterborough United)

Matty Roberts (ex Illogen , Truro City & Holmans)

Will Harvey(ex Truro City & St Day)

Glen Patterson( ex Truro City, Goonhavern,Penzance & St Austell)

Dan Ellis (ex Truro City, Porthleven & Newquay)

Sam Cooper (ex Truro City)

Adam Barnicoat(ex St Agnes,Truro City, Falmouth & St Day)

Joe Mcquade (ex bootle & Truro City)

and also returning to the club after a 2 years elsewhere is Matt Mcilroy who is currently playing at Penryn Athletic.

more players will follow....

This is DEFINATELY NOT a joke!!!!!

Guest tim hawke

Never heard of all these players they cant be that good, wheres is there ambition if they want to drop down bunch of losers if thats what they are doing

T-bone

1st of all Truro 3rds wont have to worry as none ofthese players play for truro 3rds except 1 or 2 that have played a couple times this season.

We just decided as none of us have been enjoying our football recently and it would be fun to have a few seasons playing with our mates and hopefully pick up a few medals along the way.

When i was younger all i wanted to do was play snr football.....but now i have i realise its not even that much of a higher standard and what is the point in playing it if you not enjoying it!!!

Guest Grant Mitchell

never heard of them mate, it doesnt make sense my ansome, why would they wanna play down there?

farmer giles must be splashing the cash

Grant

Looks like exciting times ahead for Stithians Football Club - always good to strengthen - HOWEVER - longevity is key. No use coming along for one season, putting the existing players who have served the club loyally on the sidelines, to then leave. Ends up with disgruntled players who were previously loyal questioning why they should stay. Net result - club in disarray! Would have to be managed carefully by the club - all small village teams need a core of committed players to survive. F.A.C.T.

ps nothing wrong with our pitch - its one of the better ones (unlike our changing facilities!)

Guest gunners

I would not be to sure about Barny joining heard he has already said he will be playing for Chacewater next year. Those were the words straight from his mouth.

hu is legend 15??

well i started my career there n i enjoyed it its a good laugh n get on well with the players......last 3 yrs ive had lack of football and bin told im to young to play at this level n not good enough ect. jus wana play football not sit on the bench!