Cornwall Football Forum

Results

Guest crosser

Guest crosser

Torpoint 2 - 0 Buckland

Newquay were losing 3-1 at half time, with lots of abuse towards official's not much christmas spirit being shown

Torpoint had a new goalie today martyn piper signed from saltash, apparently Joey Syndercombe is on the way to liskeard

Bodmin 2 Wadebridge 0

Wadebridge gave a good account of themselves. Bodmin probably deserved the victory although a one-goal margin would have been a fairer reflection.

Darren Gilbert sent to the stands again for one moment of frustration. Think he would have got away with it most days but ref Steve Paul appeared to have an assessor watching - can't say for certain though.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Newquay AFC 3 v 5 Godolphin Atlantic

Not much Xmas cheers for the Peppermints as one of the Linos thought it was G who needed the prezzies.

G playing with the wind in the first half went ahead with their first attack and the small pockets of G fans let the hosts know that they were in the ground. The Newquay Loyal were a depleted bunch with many away for Xmas and others at matches upcountry but the main body of fans who turn up when work allows ensured a big festive crowd. Scott Palmer brought the scores level with a header for a change and the majority of the crowd celebrated. However, within seconds the G were down the other end and after a serious foul on Symon Winnan in the Newquay goal which the ref and Lino failed to see, the G slotted home to make it 1-2. A third was added, which everyone in the ground of whatever persuasion saw as offside, other than the Lino. 3 attacks, 3 goals, someone obvioulsy wanted the G to put a dampner of the Peppermints Xmas.

2nd half and it was all one way traffic but with the Lino flag constantly doing the opposite to what should have happened, Newquay were unable to gain the upper hand. G broke away and made it 1-4. Newquay then saw the light and advanced on the G goal, a 2nd and 3rd were added and it was odds on that a Newquay equaliser would happen, especially when Jake was dragged down in the box but both officials ignored the home pleas for a penalty. However, G went down the other end and with an indentical situation, the ref gave G a Pen which sealed an unlikely victory.

G battled and worked hard, Newquay played the better football but the match was never going to go to form as is the way with local derbys, and some dodgy decisions didn't help. I won't name the lino but SHE wasn't named in the prog.

The bar was rammed out after the match, and the big fat man in the Santa outfit headed home for a few scotch and cokes and to write this nonsense. Perranporth tomorrow followed by porthleven away on the 3rd Jan. Disappointed YES, disheartened NO. WE ARE NEWQUAY LOYAL !

Guest crosser

What a result for Godolphin !!

yeah good result for a pub side :D:P

and some dodgy decisions didn't help. I won't name the lino but SHE wasn't named in the prog.

Judge you need to change the record mate, you come on here moaning that sides in division 1 west and east don't get appointed 3 officials and have to use club linesman, now today you have 3 officials appointed you lose and you still blame the officials.

Maybe your just not very good?? or are you going to say not one of your players made a mistake today and all chances they created were put away don't make me laugh get a grip man you can't keep coming on here and blaming officials every time newquay lose.

:Santa:

Falmouth Town 0, St Blazey 4

Luke Rundle (73), David Trott (75), Dan Zalick (80), Emile Ivanof (90 + 4).

Odd game: Falmouth had no luck with two off the crossbar, down and out before Blazey's 1st goal. The 2 quick goals knocked the stuffing out of them, too many players let their heads drop.

Lovely day, though! Disappointing gate.

Newquay AFC 3 v 5 Godolphin Atlantic

Not much Xmas cheers for the Peppermints as one of the Linos thought it was G who needed the prezzies.

G playing with the wind in the first half went ahead with their first attack and the small pockets of G fans let the hosts know that they were in the ground. The Newquay Loyal were a depleted bunch with many away for Xmas and others at matches upcountry but the main body of fans who turn up when work allows ensured a big festive crowd. Scott Palmer brought the scores level with a header for a change and the majority of the crowd celebrated. However, within seconds the G were down the other end and after a serious foul on Symon Winnan in the Newquay goal which the ref and Lino failed to see, the G slotted home to make it 1-2. A third was added, which everyone in the ground of whatever persuasion saw as offside, other than the Lino. 3 attacks, 3 goals, someone obvioulsy wanted the G to put a dampner of the Peppermints Xmas.

2nd half and it was all one way traffic but with the Lino flag constantly doing the opposite to what should have happened, Newquay were unable to gain the upper hand. G broke away and made it 1-4. Newquay then saw the light and advanced on the G goal, a 2nd and 3rd were added and it was odds on that a Newquay equaliser would happen, especially when Jake was dragged down in the box but both officials ignored the home pleas for a penalty. However, G went down the other end and with an indentical situation, the ref gave G a Pen which sealed an unlikely victory.

G battled and worked hard, Newquay played the better football but the match was never going to go to form as is the way with local derbys, and some dodgy decisions didn't help. I won't name the lino but SHE wasn't named in the prog.

The bar was rammed out after the match, and the big fat man in the Santa outfit headed home for a few scotch and cokes and to write this nonsense. Perranporth tomorrow followed by porthleven away on the 3rd Jan. Disappointed YES, disheartened NO. WE ARE NEWQUAY LOYAL !

Looking less likely you'll be coming up to join the party next season then!

Dartmouth 3 Ivybridge 2

Ivybridge were unluckly not to be in front as early as the 2nd min, where the keeper made a fine save from Joe Truelove and Ryan Fice having a shot fly over the bar.

A game where Ivybridge dominated for long periods, but found themselves 1 down, after, Dartmouth had been awarded a penalty (late christmas present from the referee), who had seen a hand ball in the area, both sides and supporters were amused as no one else did. The penatly taker sent Dave Painter in the Ivybridge goal the wrong way. Then with a long ball down the left and a cross to the edge of the box, Dartmouth found themselves 2 up. The Ivybridge defence had gone AWOL.

The 2nd half was much the same as the 1st half, with Ivybridge pressing to get back into the game, which they did with a penatly for hand ball (blocking a shot, with hands raised) so, no real complaints from both sides. Ryan Fice scoring from the spot.

No sooner had Ivybridge got back into the game, the defence again went AWOL and Dartmouth went 3 -1 up.

A goalmouth scramble in Dartmouths area saw Ross Coombes shot deemed to have crossed the goal line by the assist ref who awarded the goal. The defenders were unhappy, but, to be fair to him (assist ref) he was inline with the goal line and signalled right away. 3 - 2 Dartmouth

No matter what Ivybridge threw at Dartmouth, they managed to repel them time and time again, a good 3 pts for Dartmouth, Ivybridge will be wondering how they came away with nothing.

The Officials (ref) has had better days at the office....... well I hope so!!!!!

Not much of a crowd.......

CROSSER - Judge you need to change the record mate, you come on here moaning that sides in division 1 west and east don't get appointed 3 officials and have to use club linesman, now today you have 3 officials appointed you lose and you still blame the officials. Maybe your just not very good?? or are you going to say not one of your players made a mistake today and all chances they created were put away don't make me laugh get a grip man you can't keep coming on here and blaming officials every time newquay lose.

Crosser, I have a lot of time and respect for those from Torpoint, one of the few clubs who genuinely have welcomed the Newquay Fans who travel across the South West, but you have let yourself down today with such stupid comments. There was one official who clearly had a problem in seeing what was going on, SHE was seen scurringing away from Mount Wise just 5mins after the final whistle, despite previously offering to have a drink with me. The ref who got stick from both sides not being upto the job, yes I will bloody complain. I didn't say Newquay deserved to win, G had 5 attacks and scored 5 goals (1 Pen), Newquay had 70% of the game but for some great keeping, herioc defending, crap officials and poor finishing, the result could have been a lot different. I sincerely hope that they celebrations continue in the G bar long into the night, they have had there day but will always be the Man City to our Man Utd (god that hurt being a Chelsea fan)

Odd game: Falmouth had no luck with two off the crossbar, down and out before Blazey's 1st goal. The 2 quick goals knocked the stuffing out of them, too many players let their heads drop.

Attendance was around 140 (25 or so from St Blazey).

Richly deserved win for St Blazey as they played for the full 90 minutes and Falmouth seemed to run out of puff after about 60 mins.

I'm not normally a Scrooge at this time for year, but a couple of things need a mention...

1) Programme: £1 for 2 A4 sheets. Perhaps somebody from Falmouth Town Football Club could come on here and say how they justify that.

2) 1pm Kick Off. Why oh why? With a kick off time that's neither here nor there, the gate was always going to be affected. Why change it from 11am? With a morning kick off, people know they will have time to spend with their families in the afternoon and will be less likely to come.

3) Why did the game kick off over 5 mins early with a lot of spectators still outside the ground?

Great game to watch and a fantastic crowd of 737 turned out on a sunny but cold Boxing Day.

Kyle Brown opened the score for The G after a goalmouth scramble leaving Newquay Keeper Symon Winnan needing lengthy treatment for a rib injury,

Scott Palmer levelled it for Newquay with a fine header but before Newquay had time to celebrate Aaron Dilley scored within a minute with a speculative shot from outside the box, the ball never bounced and squeezed under the unfortunate Winnan who seemed to be still suffering from the early knock. Tim Peacock then scored the 3rd for The G on the stroke of half time after another goalmouth scramble.

The 2nd half got underway with The G first to show again Simon Winnan made a fine save from Phil Lowry only to see Aaron Dilley blast home the rebound. After a couple of fine saves from Chrissy May in The G goal Newquay got deservedly back in the game with Shaun Middleton scoring then Sam Mc Kune scoring the goal of the game to bring Newquay back to 3.4. Newquay always looking the more likely to score in the closing stages of the game were unfortunate to concede a penalty in the 4th minute of stoppage time, Kieran Avery cooly slotting the ball home against his former club to make 3.5.

As i said earlier great game and played in fantastic spirit and with The G getting the Result,Newquay mustfeel a bit deflated but after reading earlier threads on this Site with certain individuals making less than polite comments about The G maybe that helped to spur them on. :Santa:

Guest crosser

Think there is only one way to slove the problem judge and maybe you should take up the flag, and start running the line for newquay. Then maybe you will progress up the levels and everybody can worship at the feet of the great referee the judge, if you don't fancy it mate just change the record accept what you got and get on with it.

Great game to watch and a fantastic crowd of 737 turned out on a sunny but cold Boxing Day.

Kyle Brown opened the score for The G after a goalmouth scramble leaving Newquay Keeper Symon Winnan needing lengthy treatment for a rib injury,Scott Palmer levelled it for Newquay with a fine header but before Newquay had time to celebrate Aaron Dilley scored within a minute with a speculative shot from outside the box, the ball never bounced and squeezed under the unfortunate Winnan who seemed to be still suffering from the early knock. Tim Peacock then scored the 3rd for The G on the stroke of half time after another goalmouth scramble.

The 2nd half got underway with The G first to show again Simon Winnan made a fine save from Phil Lowry only to see Aaron Dilley blast home the rebound. After a couple of fine saves from Chrissy May in The G goal Newquay got deservedly back in the game with Shaun Middleton scoring then Sam Mc Kune scoring the goal of the game to bring Newquay back to 3.4. Newquay always looking the more likely to score in the closing stages of the game were unfortunate to concede a penalty in the 4th minute of stoppage time, hKieran Avery cooly slotting the ball home against his former club to make 3.5.

As i said earlier great game and played in fantastic spirit and with The G getting the Result,Newquay mustfeel a bit deflated but after reading earlier threads on this Site with certain individuals making less than polite comments about The G maybe that helped to spur them on. :Santa:

great report dermot :Santa:

So much for the two biggest teams in Cornwall, 25 from Blazey, our reserves will take more than that away tomorrow. Crowd at Mount Wise today over 700, with just 50 or so from the pub down the road and a few mouthy kids looking for trouble in the main stand, but Santa wasn't biting ! Best comment of the day, one teen calling a Newquay Player a Dirty , to which the reply was, well he was with your mother last night !

DERMOT, perhaps because the Lino who failed to see what was clearly a foul on Winno for the 1st goal and the 3rd clearly offside, is a good friend of yours and until today mine, you are a bit blinkered. What do they say about officials sticking together. SHE got too many decisions wrong, a draw would have been fair. the Penalty given was a clear pullon the shirt of the attacker, even I would have given nit,but to miss Jake being pulled down less than 10 yards away was obscene. Great game if you were a neutral but wasn't your boy in the G line up ?

Thanks Crosser, was a great game and have to disagree with Judge with saying there was only a few supporters from The Godolphin, well over 250 supporting The G in a fantastic gate, and they certainly could be heard all game. Well done both teams. :clapper:

250, Dermot, you are taking the , they had 30 in the covered terrace with a flag, 20 in the main stand, made a bit of noise but were massively outnumbered, hardly heard a cheer from the stand when they scored. And who says refs are not biased. If they had more than 50, why were they not at the home match v Penzance, over half the crowd that day were Newquay fans.

Will be interesting to see what the Port v PZ crowd and result is today.

Guest Postie Pidge

1) Programme: £1 for 2 A4 sheets. Perhaps somebody from Falmouth Town Football Club could come on here and say how they justify that.

2) 1pm Kick Off. Why oh why? With a kick off time that's neither here nor there, the gate was always going to be affected. Why change it from 11am? With a morning kick off, people know they will have time to spend with their families in the afternoon and will be less likely to come.

3) Why did the game kick off over 5 mins early with a lot of spectators still outside the ground?

1) Find a printer's that is open on Christmas Day and someone to do the work

2) Was it ever 11am? Falmouth asked St Blazey who declined the offer.

3) Ask the ref

So much for the two biggest teams in Cornwall, 25 from Blazey, our reserves will take more than that away tomorrow. Crowd at Mount Wise today over 700, with just 50 or so from the pub down the road and a few mouthy kids looking for trouble in the main stand, but Santa wasn't biting ! Best comment of the day, one teen calling a Newquay Player a Dirty Barst*rd, to which the reply was, well he was with your mother last night !

DERMOT, perhaps because the Lino who failed to see what was clearly a foul on Winno for the 1st goal and the 3rd clearly offside, is a good friend of yours and until today mine, you are a bit blinkered. What do they say about officials sticking together. SHE got too many decisions wrong, a draw would have been fair. the Penalty given was a clear pullon the shirt of the attacker, even I would have given nit,but to miss Jake being pulled down less than 10 yards away was obscene. Great game if you were a neutral but wasn't your boy in the G line up ?

Totally agree - very poor turnout from the Blazey fans. They missed a real treat too.

Judge, i will not enter in a debate with you as you are clearly a blinkered fool. B) Rose tinted glasses ?

Same old refs, won't give an honest apprasial of poor decisions after a match, perhaps Sir Fergie has been right all along. Maybe we should all wait for Grahams report to bring some sanity to the occasion, my rose coloured specs got steamed up with rage at some of the decisions made today, let Graham tell it how it really was.

Guest crosser

let Graham tell it how it really was

yep lets cause there are so many inaccuracies in your posts :P

apparently you didn't stay for a drink in the clubhouse after the game so how was she supposed to claim the drink you earlier mentioned?? and she also told you that she wasn't staying for a drink before the match like she told me as well

I was behind the goal in the first half at Newquay, how the G third goal was not offside I've no idea!! bloke looked at least a couple of yards off from where I was. The first goal wasn't a foul on Winno, not sure what happened, but he got caught, but it wasn't a foul. The G penalty was a penalty but how the ref saw if from where he was I don't know. Great crowd and I'd say Godolphin had more than 30 supporters there thats for sure.

To be fair,Darren, a viewpoint from behind a goal is not the best position to assess whether a player is offside or not when the ball is played.

Sounds like everyone there had a good day out with plenty of talking points,Godolphin taking the points back across the Barrowfields and Newquay banking the £££'s from a bumper gate and full clubhouse.

I was behind the goal in the first half at Newquay, how the G third goal was not offside I've no idea!! bloke looked at least a couple of yards off from where I was. The first goal wasn't a foul on Winno, not sure what happened, but he got caught, but it wasn't a foul. The G penalty was a penalty but how the ref saw if from where he was I don't know. Great crowd and I'd say Godolphin had more than 30 supporters there thats for sure.

To be sure of an offside, you, yourself have to be inline with the players involved, you cant be in front or behind the players as you were.........

Why is it that the ref got the pen call right and yet the ref is being slated for giving it from where he was!!!!

just an observation................

happy new year :yahoo:

Guest st george9

parkway 2 elburton 1

not a great match if im honest,parkway very poor first half and elburton the better team ,parkway scored first ,and the elburton goal was a cracker ,harvey up front caused a lot of problems for the parkway backline..must have been some strong words said in the parkway changing room half time

parkway alot better 2nd half and had elburton under pressure

missed the winner as left before the end

crowd looked small .. expected to see lot more

Penzance 5 v Porthleven 2

Penzance shaded this, in a game that they knew they HAD to win in order to keep in touch at the top.

They were helped out on the day by the unfortunate Lee Bradd who, despite playing pretty well, scored 2 own goals.

Good size crowd but sorry don't know exactly how many

Not a foul Darren u taking the . 1st time in my whole carear when Ive punched a ball clear and have then been kung phoo kicked.Been to the doctors and have 3 bruised ribs andI have the stud marks to prove it starting from my armpit right down. My fault for the 2nd thats goalkeeping for you.3rd goal total crap about 5 yds offside easy.The Officials were poor but for both sides. Not sour grapes G won well done. But its only 1 game see where we all are at the end of the season

Winno, I didn't see the kick mate, it just looked as though you collided with your own man, so a stray boot must have gone in there somewhere then.

Nigel I appreciate what you're saying about not being in line, and I understand that, but jesus, it looked so obvious it was unbelievable.

As for the pen, the Newquay defender was running towards the line and there must have been at least 5 players obstructing the referee, so he's either got a great set of eyes or he took a wild guess.

Some apologies must be heading my way I guess, cheers for clearing up the 2 obvious mistakes made by the official Winno. Not blaming you in anyway mate, you were still suffering when the second went in.

The G penalty was clear, the attacker had his shirt pulled, but Newquay should have had one just a moment before when Jake, I think, was dragged down in the box but not given, that could have made it 4-4 and a draw would have been fair.

The Lino concerned didn't speak to me before the match, I had had no time for her after. As for not going in the bar after the match, my other half and big steve went in and said you couldn't move, so we walked the 5mins home for a quiet drink. Great to see the bar open just before 11am and probably just as well I only had the two doubles.

Time to move on and looking forward to tomorrows big match down at Perranporth.

Guest crosser

There was one official who clearly had a problem in seeing what was going on, SHE was seen scurringing away from Mount Wise just 5mins after the final whistle, despite previously offering to have a drink with me.

The Lino concerned didn't speak to me before the match, I had had no time for her after.

then I apologise to you for that but seen as you mentioned that she had offered to have a drink i assumed you meant before the game, i could have told you that she wouldn't have been going into the clubhouse after the game as she told me herself last night so to suggest she was scurrying off after the game is pretty wide of the mark, she was never going to stay for a drink and I can't say I blame her, after what has happened this week.

Can someone clear up why Newquays sub-goalie wasn't brought on? Winno was clearly struggling.

G's third was clearly offside and probably the decider of the game, very poor decision by the linno.

Definately a pen for G, I was at the clubhouse end of the ground and could see the shirt being pulled, pretty blatent really.

All in all a good game, nice to see a good crowd and some atmosphere at Mount Wise.

This will be the same Lino who posted this on another thread then ?

Dec 23 2008, 11:44 PM Post #26

Anita

Premier Contributor

Group: Members

Is it you round Judge i'll be popping in for one or two after the match

----------------------------------

I'm not sure what may or may not have happened since the posting, but after today, if I was her, I wouldn't have gone in the clubhouse either. So Goal 1 a foul, Goal 3 offside, perhaps my rose coloured specs were working after all. I hope that Graham will post at some point soon.

Guest crosser

like i said judge I knew she wasn't going in the club last night, so yeah something might have happened to change her mind but i'm not going into it, but to suggest she was scurrying away because of the game is wrong, so because your goalie said they were fouls and two people who couldn't see the line says they were offside that makes you right :wacko: your getting more and more mental with each post :P

Judge enough please - I wasn't at the match and would not get involved in comments concerning it even if I had been - however - I do know that Anita's step-dad died after a long illness from cancer yesterday morning (Christmas Day) - and I know that her 'scurrying off' was to go home to support her son and her mother and to clear out his room for her - perhaps more important than going into the Newquay bar today!

I know Anita doesn't need me or anyone else to fight her battles or defend her but as I know what she is up to this evening I thought it only proper to stop your comments before they go any further please.

It would be great if the public critical comments could stop now and a little Christmas spirit and consideration could be forthcoming - thank you.

Guest Man on the Post

Godolphin seemed to be more focussed than Newquay and just got on with the game. On the day Godolphin’s goalkeeper and defence played better than Newquay’s. Following his injury I thought Winno should have been substituted as it looked as though he wasn’t 100%.

Most embarrasing moment of the day was Palmer’s goal celebration. Having scored at the far end from the clubhouse his celebration ended up close to the tea hut! :blink:

The only thing missing from the day was a big screen showing the Judge’s face as the Godolphin goals went in. :yahoo:

Well done Godolphin. :Santa:

Guest st george9

Bodmin Town 2 - 0 Wadebridge Town

Cullompton Rangers 1 - 5 Clyst Rovers

Dartmouth 3 - 2 Ivybridge Town

Falmouth Town 0 - 4 St.Blazey

Liskeard Athletic 0 - 1 Saltash United

Plymouth Parkway 2 - 1 Elburton Villa

Tavistock 3 - 0 Launceston

Torpoint Athletic 2 - 0 Buckland Athletic

I personally thought it was a game that lived up to the expectations and the pre-match hype. Many people are speculating about the foul on Winno but it shouldn't have even got to that point, the winger that collected and crossed the ball was in an offside position following the pass over the defence, I was absolutely in line with play. The move for Palmer's goal was excellent, everybody should know that is his trademark celebration these days, especially when he bags a header!

Fair play to Dilley for having a crack at goal, although I'll never know how that one sneaked in. St Darren is absolutely right in his description of the third goal - offside, the shot on goal went straight to the feet of the G player who was well beyond the last man and the retreating back-line. I am very sorry to hear what Anita has been through, maybe it explains why her mind may not have been 100% focused on the game.

The G worked hard in the first half and Newquay didn't play to full capactiy but in my opinion the score wasn't a fair reflection. To go 4-1 down so early on in the second half was a bit of a wake up call for Newquay and to be honest after Midsy's goal and Sam's excellent finish, Newquay should really have gone on to win the game, Scott Palmer forced an excellent save with a trademark hammer, Eggy did his best to score an OG and Newquay had enough chances to put it out of sight. It seems that the penalty decision was pretty much immaterial in the end, but it was great to see such a good crowd and a boxing day goal feast!

Newquay can't be happy with the result, but well done to the G and I'm sure Newquay will want to go up the road an pick up three points. I never thought there would be 8 goals and there appeared to be little to choose between the teams on the day.

This will be the same Lino who posted this on another thread then ?

Dec 23 2008, 11:44 PM Post #26

Anita

Premier Contributor

Group: Members

Is it you round Judge i'll be popping in for one or two after the match

----------------------------------

I'm not sure what may or may not have happened since the posting, but after today, if I was her, I wouldn't have gone in the clubhouse either. So Goal 1 a foul, Goal 3 offside, perhaps my rose coloured specs were working after all. I hope that Graham will post at some point soon.

sorry made that post before my step dad died. Everyone who knows me knows i try and go into the club after a game for a drink.

3 words 'Interfering wth play'

Hope you all had a great xmas and have a good new year :drink: :Santa:

i love this league,mickey mouse could,nt have done it better,it starts with a record crowd at newquay(lets be honest what else is there to do in newquay for the riffraff that get attracted to cornwalls premier tourist attraction).

chris may who won an ecpl league winners medal in the 70,s as a promising fullback gets mom :clapper: AS GOALKEEPER!! yes goalkeeper not jailkeeper :ninja: (he must be nearing 70)

judge has to change his name after saying newquay were title challengers after beating pz :wacko::wacko:

to poor judge or fancy a laugh judge... :D:D

and finally megarich pz win....thanks to 2 goals from ports lee bradd.

whats on the agenda tomorrow......local lads st austell go to neighbours foxhole with ex prem players who are playing for nothing ^_^ but they are at least playing for their local side like whetters who,s a foxhole boy..... :P

Guest Sport Lover

Its no wonder the whole of the UK are short of linesman/women and refs with the public hanging some people are prepared to give on open forums. Those people doing that should pick up the flag or whistle and go and do the job week in and week out or shut up.

Its no wonder the whole of the UK are short of linesman/women and refs with the public hanging some people are prepared to give on open forums. Those people doing that should pick up the flag or whistle and go and do the job week in and week out or shut up.

Agreed - Everyone's probably been guilty of slagging off a match official in the past, but i'm fed of turning up to Mining League games to find out it's called off because of a lack of ref's, so let's all leave it out on the forums eh.

Caught two games today.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Newquay v G game, in my book G probably just deserved it and I was also say that Peacock's goal WASN'T offside as it appeared that he came from deep, whereas another one of his team mates might have been, had he been interfering with play.

Thought Newquay's number six was top class, controlled the tempo of the game at times.

Then watched Penzance v Port, again another good crowd, with another couple of contentious refereeing decisions. Drummond's finish was top draw and worth the admission fee alone. Could be an exciting end to the season.

That is a good shout and will need a major effort if things are to change. A combination of more support and commitment from players and fans and increased attention to detail and competence from officials. Not an easy thing to achieve for sure. Running a campaign for respect is a good start, but unfortunately respect isn't something that is unconditional just because you wear a black shirt, it needs to be backed up with a level of performance that commands respect.

It is hard to stop people sharing an opinion when a forum is a place for people to share their point of view, you can guarantee that some contributions may not be as objective as others, however, we all suffer from blinkered vision when it suits us! I certainly wouldn't have complained if Newquay had cashed in on a couple of incorrect decisions and walked away with the three points today. Unfortuantely there will be times when officials make mistakes, sometimes minor and insignificant and sometimes substantial and influential. We all know that the balance of responsibility is skewed and that officials cop a lot more grief than underperforming players do, whilst I'd like to think this will change I am not too optimistic that it will be the case.

The best thing about Anita is that she will continue resiliently and will be back for her next game and give it her best. There were mistakes made today and that's the way it is, however frustrating or influential those mistakes were. As ever, it certainly offers plenty to talk about and I am sure that there are all sorts of interpretations of what happened today at Mount Wise. That is what makes football what is, a very controversial game at times that provokes all sorts of discussion, banter and the odd disagreement. Most significantly, it ended 5-3 and the 3 points went to the G.

I find Handsome Dan's interpretation of the events today quite interesting, mickey mouse league or not, it seems to generate plenty of interest, entertainment and the odd bumper crowd!

Hope everyone's had a good Christmas! :Santa:

Looking forward to going to Foxhole tomorrow, and hopefully see the Lillywhites pick up 3 points! Not quite the same as playing St Blazey, but it's our local derby now and I'm sure that both teams will be up for it.

Anita, so sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts go to you and your family at this sad time.

After the Wadebridge game I was wondering when was the last time St Austell went into Christmas having lost only one game in all competitions! Not since I started watching in November '89, that's for sure!

Season's Greetings!!! :smiley20:

MESSAGE FROM THE JUDGE TO ME

No idea who you are mate, perhaps you would like to pop into the main stand on Boxing Day and apologise. You really don't know me at all and probably never even met me, so wind your neck in.

I can say what I like on matters relating to my club, whereas some people pretending to be associated with Newquay are obviously try to stir. Thats fine by me but what has it got to do with you ?

Come and have a chat and see what I'm really about.

Judge

JUST GOT BACK FROM BRUM SO SORRY I MISSED THE MATCH AFTER READING THIS MESSAGE IN MY INBOX!!!! CAN YOU MAKE THREATS ON THIS SITE? YOU CANT ON THE VILLA ONE.

AND IT SAYS ON HERE HE WAS SANTA YODAY,I LOVE THRAETS.I HOPE HE AND BCHM WERE GRACIOUS IN DEFEAT HA HA HA HA !!!! GOT WOT YOU DESERVED MUGS. :yahoo: