Cornwall Football Forum

Results

Guest crosser

For the first time in over 20 years I wasnt able to attend or be involved in a Boxing Day match unfortunately, but wish I had watched the Newquay V Godolphin game as sounds like it had it all plus what a crowd!

I will wait for Mr. Drew to post his assesment on the match here though to have a fair and unbiased opinion on the match. And even if the match officials did have an off day as in the opinion of the Judge, I really do not think he goes the right way in describing it or accepting it on behalf his beloved Club. Just my opinion!

Q- Mr Drew!

After the Wadebridge game I was wondering when was the last time St Austell went into Christmas having lost only one game in all competitions! Not since I started watching in November '89, that's for sure!

Season's Greetings!!! :smiley20:

How long has it been since St Austell had the standard of players they have now, and all playing for no money!!!

Blimey it very nearly was BOXING day at Newquay then!!??

Family crisis or not I know Anita always gives 100% from kick-off to final whistle but no-one can blame her for going straight home to be with her family.

Judge now you are aware of the situation (and whether you sympathise or not) I think you should apologise to Anita either on this thread or you can give me an apology at the game tomorrow to pass on to her on your behalf. I'm never hard to find at Perran - I'm either at the bar or giving Bryan Hawke a rub :)

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Judge enough please - I wasn't at the match and would not get involved in comments concerning it even if I had been - however - I do know that Anita's step-dad died after a long illness from cancer yesterday morning (Christmas Day) - and I know that her 'scurrying off' was to go home to support her son and her mother and to clear out his room for her - perhaps more important than going into the Newquay bar today!

I know Anita doesn't need me or anyone else to fight her battles or defend her but as I know what she is up to this evening I thought it only proper to stop your comments before they go any further please.

It would be great if the public critical comments could stop now and a little Christmas spirit and consideration could be forthcoming - thank you.

Football aside for one moment. Anita, please accept my condolences, I was unaware of the situation and wholeheartedly wish you and your family all the best.

Guest Peppermint

After all the postings - I would add first of all that because of my connections then the report in the Newquay Voice will be done this time by Phil Bunt.

I would first of all congratulate Derek and his team who deserved their win and although Newquay came back strongly in the second half they failed to take some chances and the keeper made some great saves.

The record crowd were treated to a pulsating match and hopefully some of the spectators who only came to this match as a one off will return to Mount Wise and the 'G's ground to watch some more football this season.

Perhaps there were some odd decisions and the referee probably has had better games but that's football and both teams will point to decisions that did not go their way. Hopefully we will see another great match on Good Friday and the same numbers turn up to watch and Newquay will be hoping for a better result.

The Peppermints may have lost yesterday but people seem to forget they have had a god season so far and I am sure they will bounce back.

Gareth mentioned the Newquay number 6 - Paul Hampshire - he was simply brilliant especially in the second half. I thought Phil Lowry for the 'G' showed why he is a class act and it was certainly a good advert for the Peninsula League.

I would like to once again say well done to the 'G' and look forward to Good Friday!

Forget all the hype and it was nice to see Jim Hilton and Derek Martin having a drink together in the bar and I was pleased to have a chat to Derek as well - that is what sportsmanship is all about - well done to the Newquay players who were obviously disappointed but atill congratulated their opponents after the game.

Thanks to all the spectators who made it a record gate and for spending some money in the bar - it has pleased our Treasurers!!!!!

Good luck to Godolphin for the rest of the season except at Easter.

Hopefully Symon is soon recovered and back to full fitness.

I am now off to report on the Foxhole v St Austell match - will try and catch Darin Morse for the line ups.

Guest Peppermint

Thanks Lafs - I am now blushing!!!

Great to catch up with you yesterday - will be calling at the Britannia in the near future.

I wish you and your family a Great New Year.

I have posted on the Foxhole/St Austell thread re the game and the host of yellow and red cards did not help.

Mr Danblazey was critical of St Austell and the league standard - he was a little unfair because it is difficult to make judgements on one match when St Austell demolished Premier League side Wadebridge the week before.

Both sets of players should be congratulated for serving up such a Boxing day treat of attacking football to the 700+ supporters. The game was very competitive as you would expect for a local Derby but i don't recall a single bad tackle in the whole match.

i was expecting goals but never antisipated 8, its not good for a Managers nerves when you lead 1 -4 and then it goes 3 - 4 with a good ten minutes to play.

To go to Mount Wise and win, scoring five goals against an in form Newquay Team is yet another landmark achievement from our players who just keep pushing back the boundaries. We are immensely proud of them all because they have stuck together for so long to reach this point and not one player has recieved a single penny for their efforts, the team spirit at the Club is second to none.

I think we won the match because we stopped Newquays top players from influencing the game and when we attacked we were very potent in front of goal. We missed a few at Penryn last week but the boys certainly made up for it this week.

Once Newquay went 1 - 4 down they showed good character to come back at us, driven on by their Captain

but the boys battled hard to retain the advantage and when Kyle Brown surged into the box with a defender pulling him back for a good 3 strides the referee made the right decision and it was all over when we scored from the spot.

Newquay players, management and officials (with the exception of one player, who was quite frankly an embarassment to his Club) were first class after the match.

A great day for all supporters of football in the Town of Newquay,

The good news is we get to do it all over again on Good friday

I'm sorry I missed a classic local derby, but would like to state that, from the evdience of his posts, the Judge is a true clubman of wit and verve and that I for one would not wish to see his excellent contributions to this forum inhibited. Condolences on the Godolphin result, but keep the excellent memories of your triumph at Penlee Park alive ! Keep it up, Judge, you're one of the best forum contributors there has ever been ! :drink:

Guest Turkish

parkway 2 elburton 1

not a great match if im honest,parkway very poor first half and elburton the better team ,parkway scored first ,and the elburton goal was a cracker ,harvey up front caused a lot of problems for the parkway backline..must have been some strong words said in the parkway changing room half time

parkway alot better 2nd half and had elburton under pressure

missed the winner as left before the end

crowd looked small .. expected to see lot more

a wins a win takes a good team to win when playing 'poorly'

Just gone through all 500 photes and not a single one of the mainstand whith the Judge getting worked up!! 500 photes but to many of the same stuff!!

Bloody football always seems to get in the way of things! Do you think 736 turned up to see the Judge or the game?! Isaac is right. You can never keep a good man down (except for a bit of internet service provider trouble)

Isaac, Mitch, your kind comments are much appreciated. Paul, I must admit I was slighty gutted that there were no pics of the Newquay Loyal that made it into the main stand, the small flag the G fans had is nothing compared to Cornwalls finest.... and I looked a complete **** in a santa outfit, can't take football too seriously when you consider Anitas circumstances.

had you lost your voice at the match on booxing day judge because we could only hear godolphin supporters singing loud coruses of the g army etc. nothing comeing from main stand at all from your miniscule looking contingent.

what happened. ? newquay were outplayed on the picth and out sung on the terraces. at least your team put up a fight. the banners were big but the singing and support was useless

Too many away for xmas and the rest of us were a little subdued, granted. Not quite sure where The so called G Army came from, they weren't at the G v PZ match when over 50 Newquay fans watched them win 2-1. It would be good for local football, if all those who turned out on Boxing day supported both sides on a regular basis.

Talking of PZ, I have no doubt they will tell you which fans have made most noise this season, The G Army had 2 very unoriginal songs, one of which contained adult language, which was not called for with so many kids in the ground.

Looking forward to Good Friday.

I was only making a point about the photos and maybe if someone was going to bother taking so many, then take a few of everything around the pitch. Its not like you can view the photos and take in the football. Just a view.....calm yourself down Mitch. :drink:

Guest Peppermint

What is the problem with Newquay Football Club and Dave the Rave!

First of all on the Combination League and ECPL Section he states that Newquay Reserves are not good enough for the Junior Football League in West Cornwall despite them having some excellent results this year and being in a good league table position. He was just making a sweeping judgement on the evidence of one game againgst the runaway leaders Perranporth. He obviously did not have an high opinion of them either.

Then he is completely over the top about the Club on the CSWPL Section - I am wondering what the Club has done to upset him - or did he have a stale pint of bitter or lager in Newquay on one occasion!!!!

I wonder where he plays his football or who he supports - must be a very hard person to please!!!!!!!

I am sure we would all like to know who he is - but I am sure it is much easier to make ridiculous statements without having a evidence to support them from a nom de plume of Dave the Rave!!!!!

Before anyone accuses me of the same - Peppermint is my user name but I ahve added my name to several postings so most people know who I am!

pepermint i was giving my opinion on the combination league match because i saw the first 75 minutes of it and in my opinion the home side did not play anywhere near as well as i expected and as far as i can remember newquay did not even have a single shot at goal, not one. i cant see what is the problem with you not wanting me to have an opinion about something which i saw with my own eyes. i am not saying you have to agree with what i said but it is my opinion. Newquay combination team may be playing well and getting good results in your opinion but they were completely rubbish when i saw them and i absolutely stand by what i said. as for any other comments i made that was also justified because i thought people were wrong to blame match officials decisions for the defeat against godolphin, so i expessed my views end of.

Guest Peppermint

I was not stating that you cannot have an opinion but you seem the have it in for Newquay and I was maknig the point that it is unfair to base an opinion that both Newquay teams and indeed Perrenporth are rubbish on the basis of one game!!!!!

Let's wait until the end of the season and then comment - however you are perfectly entitled to your opinion and that is what a Forum is all about.