Cornwall Football Forum

Biggest moaner in combo

Guest Peppermint

Which one - there are two of them and they both play 'upfront' for Newquay as you put it!!!!!

I have heard a lot worse moaning than either Dave or Mike - but diplomacy stops me from naming them!!!!

Guest Peppermint

That's really narrowed it down - because they both play for the Combo side!!!!!!

One of them contributes some excellent reports on matches on the Forum - user name Mitch.

the one tht plays upfront for the combo side! not sure wat his name is but the stuff he comes out with you would expect from a 10 year old

Talking of ten year-olds, check out the literacy skills. Could be a great topic for another thread!

I don't want Rafa to take the plaudits, this one is all mine. I can remember the day it started, we were at home to Illogan last season and one of their lads was chatting away about how good he is and the fact he should be playing Peninsula. I couldn't help but say something because it was so funny to listen to! I'm quite flattered actually, I can think of the odd one or two that like a moan at our club but I know I am up there because Andy has told me to shut up a few times! The banter and laughs keep things interesting and it is fine if everyone shakes hands at the end.

Every club has as least one. St Day's no.1 is my personal favourite, loves a bit of banter! Much better than those that take themselves too seriously and lack personality...

Everyone moans at some point

HP - you'd never team up with an opposition player to give the referee a bit of banter though, would you? That would be overstepping the mark! :SM_carton:

Guest Peppermint

Good point about the 10 year old literacy skills Mitch!

I see from his user area that Praze No 8 is an Illogan player - perhaps he was the one boasting about the fact that he should be in the Peninsula League. A bit of banter is good but as you say Mitch - some people seem to have a sense of humour bypass.

yes i am an illogan player! not sure who your aiming the peninsula subject at but it certainly wasnt me! anyway im sure this subject was supposed to be for a bit of harmless banter??? people have everyright to give there opinions, a little over defensive id say!! :drink:

Who is getting defensive? I think this thread is funny and a lot less serious than the usual stuff. You are absolutely right, it's a bit of harmless fun, just like the reference to the aspiring Peninsula superstar!

In most cases banter turns into handshakes, laughs and a drink in the bar, although not always! I personally enjoy the Combo, there are some top lads that play in the league and it wouldn't be the same without the big battles to look forward to.

I don't want Rafa to take the plaudits, this one is all mine. I can remember the day it started, we were at home to Illogan last season and one of their lads was chatting away about how good he is and the fact he should be playing Peninsula. I couldn't help but say something because it was so funny to listen to! I'm quite flattered actually, I can think of the odd one or two that like a moan at our club but I know I am up there because Andy has told me to shut up a few times! The banter and laughs keep things interesting and it is fine if everyone shakes hands at the end.

I have only played against the 2 rabones once and from what i remember rafa obviously didnt bring his having a laugh and banter head with him because he was rather easy to wind up and took a definite dislike to me calling him "pies" :P:P even though it was only light hearted banter!!

Sounds about right, I think it was that kinda stuff that caused him to pick up 8 consecutive bookings and a hefty suspension and fine a couple of seasons ago. It's a shame he's calmed down a bit since!

I guess banter has to be a two way street, so if anybody can let me know who R&L is I will ask Rafa to let us know what kind of banter he would retort back with!

il tell u something tht is banter... allardyce at blackburn im actually laughing!! as a newcastle fan i still cant stop laughin!! does anyone kno the name of the ref who calls people 'dickheads' during games thats guys a legend!!

probably the same ref with a skinhead and a goatee-the one that turned up still half cut and reffed our under 18s game wen we played illogan a couple of years back with 8 players,0-0 at half time due to the fact he felt sorry for us then after the game asked our captian if he knew any people he could "get a good smoke from!!

thanks mitch, i hope the banter will be as rife as always on saturday.

love a good bit of banter, it's healthy surley. dished a bit out in my time, been on the receiving end of a bit too, and as you say mitch the best thing of all is a handshake and a pint afterwards.

biggest moaner i've played with is bryan hawke (perranporth) and against it got to be dom pullen.

thanks mitch, i hope the banter will be as rife as always on saturday.

Looking forward to it, if I recall, the banter regarding the offside decisions went on for nearly an hour until you snapped my lego foot! That shut me up! :rolleyes:

cover.dotcom_lego1.jpg

As for R and L, well, if the game you are referring to was the St Agnes match at Mount Wise, then I guess some things are best left unsaid!

biggest moaner i've played with is bryan hawke (perranporth)

I've got to totally disagree with you there St Day's No1. I've only know Bryan since he joined Perran and I can honestly say I've never heard him moan. Mind you Alex Arquati (spelt right Anita!) has been very quiet too so maybe I'm going deaf!!

Any of the Curnow boys would top my winge-list :Santa:

to be fair ronin when we played you this season bryan was very quiet so perhaps there is some sort of calming wizard/witch working their magic at perranporth this season.

however when he was at st day he was terrible for moaning, great player though.

sorry about your lego leg mitch, not renowned for my tackling skills. saying that not too good at keeping goal either at the moment. see you soon

to be fair ronin when we played you this season bryan was very quiet so perhaps there is some sort of calming wizard/witch working their magic at perranporth this season.

That'll be my calming influence from the dugout then :D:D :D

Guest Helston Patriot

Maybe Hawkey doesn't moan this season as he has got 6 players around him that have an impressive CV so they know what is best when talking to him!!

Have to agree on Bryan, he loves a moan. Sure Breezy and Winno will agree with me there. Must run in the family.

Oh Steve you're just grumpy cos your leg hurts! ^_^

he was moaning at me cos i wouldn't pass to him into a gale force wind and about 60 yds

I think he has every right to moan - goalkeepers eh?!

I'm sorry to hear about Ricky's job, that's a nightmare. He did seem like a decent enough lad and he gave as good as he got with a bit of banter towards a spectator. Ricky seems like a talented lad, not a lot went for him yesterday, so when you can start getting the ball to him I'm sure he'll bag a few goals!

Have to agree with you Darren m8, Jason booked again yesterday for persistent moaning. Full credit to ref Kevin Knowles who put up with it for 80mins. Having said that, our own Tony Morley was booked for the same thing. The CCFA say thank you for your donation towards their end of season dinner guys ! :P

Yeh told you kevin he's moaned all his life i'm glad i live far away from him now. Best of luck kev merry xmas and i will see you soon.

Dazza

Ronin, none of the Curnow boys whinge like you, screeching in the dugout like an old woman. Sorry, but somebody told me you actually are one !! I didn't believe it at first but apparently it's true. Moan, moan, whine, whine, screech, screech, screech all the time for referee protection for your prize professional pedigree poodles. Felt sorry for them, it must be like having Mummy in the dressing room. What's with this new picture in the square black hat ? Are you a witch or something ?

Why don't you put the hat on Arquati's bonce ? Next time he goes up for a cross it'll negate the impact of his Toblerone cranium and he might score. :Santa: :drink:

I do try to be nice, honest. It doesn't come naturally, of course. I thought this thread was about moaners and I just thought there was always a lot of screeching and wailing whenever one of the Curnows got anywhere near Arquati and that Ronin is a bit maternal to some of you Perranporth boys. Still, I expect you're all growing up with strong bones and healthy teeth as a result : good for you !

Happy Xmas to Ponsmere Valley. The amount of organic recyclable fertiliser my dof Rolo leaves down there, it's a very fertile place ! :clapper: :Santa: