Cornwall Football Forum

Mullion Football Club

Guest djr109

It is with regret that Mullion Football Club announce the resignation of Alan Carey as Manager of Mullion Football Club.

We would like to thank Alan for the remarkable success he has brought to the team in the short time he has been with us and wish him every success in any future posts he may hold.

That is a shock especially as Mullion were doing so well. Good luck in whatever you do Alan and may Mullion's good form continue (although obviously not when they play Perranporth!) :D

Guest blue203

It is with regret that Mullion Football Club announce the resignation of Alan Carey as Manager of Mullion Football Club.

We would like to thank Alan for the remarkable success he has brought to the team in the short time he has been with us and wish him every success in any future posts he may hold

Dave your announcement sounds lovely but I'm sorry you thought there was a need to make this statement on this website. Alan will be in charge on Saturday (unlucky Holmans Lol) the players and coaching staff will be trying there hardest to keep Alan at the helm if he decides to go. The lads at the club both first team and second team know he has changed the believe in the players his record 8 games won 7 drawn 1 and only brought in two new players speakes for it self, oh and he has'nt spent a penny.

so Alan if your reading this ignore the above announcement, and the lads will do you proud on Saturday..

:Santa:

What is happening at Mullion? This is cornwall website ©

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/sport/BREA...il/article.html

MULLION manager Alan Carey will step down after Saturday’s game at Holmans.

Carey confirmed on Tuesday that he will be leaving the club after just eight games in charge.

In that time Carey guided the club to seven wins since taking over in October.

“There has been a problem and I will be leaving the club,” said Carey.

“There is an element at the club not working, but that’s the way it goes.

“I will be looking for another job and when the right one comes along I will take it.

“When I took over the team had three points and now they have 22.

“I feel that I have done a good job and I will be leaving the club with a clear conscience.

“I’m disappointed for the lads and it’s possible I will be in charge for my last game against Holmans on Saturday.”

Carey joined Mullion from Bodmin, where he led them to the treble last season.

That has come completely out of the blue!!!

As a Mullion fan and player i hope that this decision will be re-thought by Alan and the club do all they can to keep him, as from a distance, it is obvious to see the effect that he has made in the short time that he has been there, and would be a great shame to see that go to waste!!!

This is really for HP & Peppermint - I've amended the last two postings.

For everyone - don't forget to consider what you would think about reading a remark about yourself before posting comments aimed at a fellow forum contributor. Friendly banter is great, but personal insults, no matter how inoffensive, we can do without and perhaps we will have to consider clamping down on them harder in the future.

Remember, it's the season for goodwill :Santa:

Guest Peppermint

Fine Dave - but just for the record I do not think that there was anything inusulting or offensive in any of my posts. A sense of humour sometimes helps but obviously not all of the time!!!!

I certainly did not resort to banal name calling - for what its worth I would like to wish HP a Happy Christmas.

Terrible when people come on here and slander each other. I wish you were all as diplomatic, gentle and sensotove as I am. Now there are at least two people in the hat for moves to Falmouth or Penzance, then.

Congratulations to Alan Carey for so dramatically turning round Mullion.

Where is Nicky Meds going next ?

Merry Xmas to all Forum fans. Just because Jesus was born in St Just, that doesn't mean God doesn't love you all, even in Penzance. :Santa::Santa::thumbsup: :drink:

Well indeed a shock. But if it is not right after 1 or 100 games, it makes no diference. Mr Carey has his reasons, knowing him as i believe him to be why go on to build if the foundation won't support you.

No not trying to say anything about Mullion but the man has his reasons.

The best thing about a Forum is you can express your opinion on a subject without fear of retribution, even if you wish to hide behind a different name, just remember an opion is never wrong just because it does not meet with your own thoughts. Maybe we should all have been allowed to read the un-censored thought to make our own mind up?

I hope is the rumours are true then Mr Carey is not missing from the game for long as he has so much to bring to our game.

JUST MY OPINION!!! :Santa:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

With one vacancy not too many miles from home and the possibility of another, I doubt that AC will be looking for a job for too long !!!

Surely he'll choose Falmouth over Penzance. A club with a fine history of winning things who need to be steadied in the top division where they belong is surely preferable to a flash of cash in the pan already burning out, subhmerged in the usual grease of mid-table mediocrity.

Beckett: "They give birth astride a grave, the light glimmers and then it's night once more."

Lets get some facts correct. If you're all saying he won 7 and drew 1 from 8 games when did he start as manager.

Look at the clubs playing record. It's either 6W, 1D and 1L from 8 played or 7W, 1D and 1D from 9 played.

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20mullion.htm

You lost to Porthleven on 18th October! Short memories you lot or do you just ignore defeats!

What .... that he will be the Falmouth Town manager at the start of next season? :Santa:

Bang on the head, no stirring cos i have to keep good relations with local football clubs, e.g mullion, falmouth etc etc because of my job but one of the falmouth committee members opened his mouth over the weekend and said that Alan Carey has been in contact with falmouth and that he would like the job of manager of falmouth but only at the end of this season cos he`ll see out the rest of the term with mullion. Whether or not this committee member is full of (insert your own word here) or not we wont know. And whether or not this is actually what`ll happen again we dont know.

Now first off before you all have a go, this is not stirring because like i have said i have to keep good relations with these clubs and the players because of my job, i`m not going to say who the committee member is because it is not fair on that person.

Fair play to Mr Carey if he is doing this as he is being faithful to seeing out the rest of the term with mullion (not that he has too), i do not know Mr Carey to speak to, but it sounds like he is being good and fair to both clubs, no doubt i`ll meet him one day to speak to him myself.

All i can say is good luck to Mr Carey if he wants to get back involved with the peninsula league (he is reported to have said this to the west briton) and good luck to mullion. Hope i dont get my head bitten off for this! :o