Cornwall Football Forum

Massey has gone already!

Yep he has resigned, dont know why, think its because of rubbish remarks on website etc, but dont know for sure because I havent heard from him, it would be nice to get a text to explain after our conversation about what he wanted to do at Helston this year.

Guest WINNO

STUART OBVIOUSLY HAS HIS REASONS.

PERHAPS YOU HAVE SUMMED IT UP TONY IN YOUR 1ST COMMENT YOUR ALL TRYING TO MAKE YOUR MINDS UP. PERHAPS IF YOU HAD AND SIGNED THE FORMS BUDDY HE MAY STILL BE THERE.

BUT WHO KNOWS ONLY STAURT CAN TELL US WHY. I WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN WHAT HE DOES IN THE FUTURE...

THE PAPER SHOULD BE INTERESTING THOUGH AFTER LAST WEEKS.....

Guest Ronin

players like myself are trying to make up their mind on what to do this year

I think (and I'm sure Helston Patriot will confirm) that the dedication of most Helston players will mean their minds are already made up and they'll be staying put no matter who is in charge.

That is a shock, is this confirmed?

think its because of rubbish remarks on websites

Did he feel he didn't have enough support.

Surely as a manager you can forget remarks made by people, you dont see Alex Fergerson jumpping ship because people make un-savory comments. If a manager is not upto the mark or cannot take the team forward, in my opinion they should step down but if they know they are good, then they should rise above it and prove to everyone they are the man for the job. Having played under the good and the bad, I beleive this to be very true.

Everyone who I have spoken to have said hes a excellent coach.

Ronin you are quite right.

I do feel that out there, and also within the club, be smiling to themselves at the set back this poses to Helston. But football is about character/effort as much as it is about skill and ability. If players stay and show that character and effort Helston might be down but not out.

I supose though walking away during these times of unrest is easier than digging deep and showing character, if you have it, or finding the effort to fight through it. It ain't going to be pretty but if football was easy we'd all be pro's!!!!

I don't know why Stuart left, but I certainly don't think the crap fed into this forum would have helped!! Helston supporter I suggest maybe you revise your tag!!

Whatever the reason, Stuart I wish you well and hope football at any level is not deprived of your presence for to long.

By working together and for each other Helston will be once more, maybe not for a while, a team people don't look forward to meeting.

For all those with smiles of glee, I wish you al the best for the season and just wonder if many of you would have the character and drive to go through what's happening at Helston FC?????? :mellow: ;)

too truer words written eddie, unfortunately the spirit is not broken with in helston, players and supporters must be patient, but its taken into account that players want to know whats happening and if they should decide to stay. helston continues to bubble away and will be strong this season, let the gossip carry on, we will be fighting.

Guest john

bit of a strange time to leave before a game is even played. i dont think they would quit purely on remarks from the forum. it must be more to it than that.

Guest Charley

maybe it has something to do with the malicious phone calls................................................................

If there were malicious phone calls it wasnt anything to do with the helston players that im aware of, so why would he leave? surely thats letting who ever it was win?

If their really were phone calls that is pretty disgusting and I hope they get caught and punished.

Greyhound I dont suppose it is that easy mate, I dont know the guy but I presume he lives with his family so anyone could answer the phone. When things affect your family footballs not that important!!!

Guest Ronin

Stuart if your reading this please let us know what the problem was.

No offence Greyhound but what the hell business is it of yours? If he's left then he's left for reasons that are his and his alone. Yes it will all come out in the long run but the only thing this idle gossip does is give the forum a bad name.

(And before iamthebest starts - no I haven't got a thing for Stuart Massey, yes I am single and thanks but no I'm not going out for dinner with you :P )

Ronin the fact that he phoned me and asked me to stay and sign for him at helston this year, telling me all his plans with the club and he wants me to be apart of it, thats why I would like to know, promised us alot. Im not slagging Stuart off at all just wanted to know what happened, that way if its anything to do with Helston we could sort our end out. I think that is a good enough reason, but maybe im wrong.

Guest Ronin

Then I suggest you phone him up and ask him, that way, if he is happy for you to, you can post accurate information on here (which I'm sure Dave Deacon will happily print in the Indy) rather than speculation :D

He has changed his number Ronin, otherwise I would of. Thats why i was trying to find out. Best of luck to Stuart in the future, the training session I had with him was good, im sure he will be back in football soon, i hope so as it looks like he has a lot to offer any club. I shall leave the subject there as some people are obviously sturring things up. :thumbsup:

stuart is a great bloke who i have alot of time for. i have heard that he recieved cuttings from a newspaer about him having no players along with the phone calls wheather its true or not i dont know but if it is i dont blame him for quitting no manager needs that especially at this level i mean whats the point??!!! Its a shame helston didnt try more to hold onto some of the local players that left last season cos if they did i dont think they would be in the situation they may find themselves in now.Helston was a very close nit club full of great local players but for whatever reason that changed. Im sure they will bounce back and be a side to beat again this year but it will probably mean building again. All the best to blakey as i hear he has taken overanother great bloke who has helston in his heart.

Stuart if your reading this please let us know what the problem was.

No offence Greyhound but what the hell business is it of yours? If he's left then he's left for reasons that are his and his alone. Yes it will all come out in the long run but the only thing this idle gossip does is give the forum a bad name.

(And before iamthebest starts - no I haven't got a thing for Stuart Massey, yes I am single and thanks but no I'm not going out for dinner with you :P )

The offer is running out ronin you best take me up on it quick :D:D :D

Guest WINNO

stuart is a great bloke who i have alot of time for. i have heard that he recieved cuttings from a newspaer about him having no players along with the phone calls wheather its true or not i dont know but if it is i dont blame him for quitting no manager needs that especially at this level i mean whats the point??!!! Its a shame helston didnt try more to hold onto some of the local players that left last season cos if they did i dont think they would be in the situation they may find themselves in now.Helston was a very close nit club full of great local players but for whatever reason that changed. Im sure they will bounce back and be a side to beat again this year but it will probably mean building again. All the best to blakey as i hear he has taken overanother great bloke who has helston in his heart.

WE TRIED TO HOLD ONTO PLAYERS LAST SEASON CHRIS YOU KNOW THAT M8!!!!

AS I SAID B4 PLAYERS COME AND PLAYERS GO.

BLAKEY WILL DO WELL SO LONG AS THE CLUB BACK HIM PROPERLY!! IT WILL BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE IF THOSE PLAYERS WHO REALLY HAVE HELSTON AT HEART AND ARE TRUE HELSTON BOYS TO SEE IF THEY ALL RETURN ..... WHICH IF THEY ARE AND THEY DO BLAKES WILL HAVE IT EASY. THEY HAVE ENOUGH GREAT YOUTH PLAYERS TO COMPETE IN THE COMBO ANYWAY!!!!!

GOOD LUCK BLAKESTER UR A STAR....... NEVER SAY NEVER!!!!!!!! XXXX

Guest Ronin

If was fried egg & bacon with lashings of tomato ketchup John!!! :P I've spent the last week washing your drool off my window!!! And the puzzle is going in the bin soon - it's doing my head in!

Stig your pic is not far off but my toes are much prettier ;)

And now that's quite enough about the goings on in my window - at least there isn't a red light in there!The combo fixtures are out - can't we find something else to talk about???

Guest Helston Patriot

Stuart Massey has left Helston already! this is getting rediculous now! players like myself are trying to make up their mind on what to do this year and this happens! AAAHHH!

To be honest i'm glad that some players have left. If you want to play for a club it shouldn't be a question of what others are doing. Clubs want 100% dedication. Didn't know some were soo easily led. When certian players realise the mistake they have made and want to come back, other players who stuck around (when things got tough) won't be happy for thier return. I think the expression RATS from a sinking ship....

I have signed on agian and so have 8 of last season's 1st team squad. This season we will have some thing we lacked for 70% of last and that is a good dressing room. Nothing worse than players that ruin team spirt by thinking they are better than the team.. Last season we had a few of them! I'm sure Winno will agree

At Helston we have good talent that will be brought up fom the reserves who have already proved that they can do a job, and want to play for Helston and not just a winners medal. We are Lucky to hav the Backing of Mark Etherington and Tom Sobey. and Boots, Blakey- 2 guys who love the club in charge.

Now we will re-build and get Helston ticking again... I personally relish this type of challenge and won't ever back out. I'm also glad some players have joined from other clubs who are looking forward to the challenge too. Watch this space for a blinding signing if all goes to plan in the next week!

Best of luck all teams for the forth coming season

Chris Breasley

Guest Helston Patriot

Cheers Marcus, looking forward to seeing the new stadium (about time too). Oh and watching Arsenal,Juventus,Real Madrid but not Hamberg!

We'll arrange to meet in the Gunners pub before the game mate for a swift shandy!

Guest WINNO

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU BREAS. IF I STAYED A FEW OF THE SQUAD WOULD HAVE BEEN MOVED ON VERY DISRUPTIVE.

LIKE I SAID B4 HELSTON WILL NEVER BE BOTTOM OF THE TABLE IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

PERHAPS A FEW OF THOSE WHOM GOB OFF ON HEAR SHOULD GET BACK THERE NOW IM GONE.

I KNOW A FEW DIDNT LIKE ME BUT THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOW. ITS BEING RUN BY BLAKEY AND MOST OF YOU ARE SO CALLED MATES OF HIS SO GET BACK THERE AND HELP THE GUY IF YOU REALLY ARE!!!!!

OR ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BREAS GET HOLD OF SMITHY HES NO A BAD OLD PLAYER SURE HE WOULD LOVE TO GOTO HELSTON

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU BREAS. IF I STAYED A FEW OF THE SQUAD WOULD HAVE BEEN MOVED ON VERY DISRUPTIVE.

LIKE I SAID B4 HELSTON WILL NEVER BE BOTTOM OF THE TABLE IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

PERHAPS A FEW OF THOSE WHOM GOB OFF ON HEAR SHOULD GET BACK THERE NOW IM GONE.

I KNOW A FEW DIDNT LIKE ME BUT THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOW. ITS BEING RUN BY BLAKEY AND MOST OF YOU ARE SO CALLED MATES OF HIS SO GET BACK THERE AND HELP THE GUY IF YOU REALLY ARE!!!!!

OR ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BREAS GET HOLD OF SMITHY HES NO A BAD OLD PLAYER SURE HE WOULD LOVE TO GOTO HELSTON

Thanks for the nice qoutes Winno!

Cheers Marcus, looking forward to seeing the new stadium (about time too). Oh and watching Arsenal,Juventus,Real Madrid but not Hamberg!

We'll arrange to meet in the Gunners pub before the game mate for a swift shandy!

drop us a text breas and we'l sort summit out matey!!

Guest WINNO

Y WOULD THAT BE DIRECTED AT YOU STRIKEY M8. YOUR NOT A HELSTON BOY UR A LEVENER THROUGH AND THROUGH.

NEWQUAY IS GREAT FANTASTIC SET UP AND A FRIENDLY CLUB. I WILL MISS HELSTON AND THE BOYS BUT I DEFO MADE THE RIGHT MOVE I THINK. PORT COMBO GOT A BIG SQUAD THIS SEASON M8!!!!!!!.

TIPPING YOU 4 THE TITLE UNLESS ALL THOSE HELSTONIONS RETURN TO HELSTON BUD. GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON.

WINNO

I think most players that sign for port wanna try and get in the first team thats what its all about.. but they will prob start in the 2nds and work there way into the firsts and most of the helston players that have signed deffinetly could

Guest WINNO

I think most players that sign for port wanna try and get in the first team thats what its all about.. but they will prob start in the 2nds and work there way into the firsts and most of the helston players that have signed deffinetly could

THE WAY IT SHOULD BE M8. ALL SIGN FOR THE CLUB 1ST AND 2NDS TOGETHER