Cornwall Football Forum

Massey has gone already!

Stuart Massey has left Helston already! this is getting rediculous now! players like myself are trying to make up their mind on what to do this year and this happens! AAAHHH!

To be honest i'm glad that some players have left. If you want to play for a club it shouldn't be a question of what others are doing. Clubs want 100% dedication. Didn't know some were soo easily led. When certian players realise the mistake they have made and want to come back, other players who stuck around (when things got tough) won't be happy for thier return. I think the expression RATS from a sinking ship....

I have signed on agian and so have 8 of last season's 1st team squad. This season we will have some thing we lacked for 70% of last and that is a good dressing room. Nothing worse than players that ruin team spirt by thinking they are better than the team.. Last season we had a few of them! I'm sure Winno will agree

At Helston we have good talent that will be brought up fom the reserves who have already proved that they can do a job, and want to play for Helston and not just a winners medal. We are Lucky to hav the Backing of Mark Etherington and Tom Sobey. and Boots, Blakey- 2 guys who love the club in charge.

Now we will re-build and get Helston ticking again... I personally relish this type of challenge and won't ever back out. I'm also glad some players have joined from other clubs who are looking forward to the challenge too. Watch this space for a blinding signing if all goes to plan in the next week!

Best of luck all teams for the forth coming season

Chris Breasley

I hear that was a dig at me Chris, I make up my own mind on what I do, I have been dedicated to Helston for 7-8 seasons myself so you cant say i wasnt a club man, I decided to make a chage this year whats wrong with that, since ive been at helston ive seen players leave and come back over and over again, not a word mentioned then, they were welcomed back infact.

Ive had great seasons at helston and will miss it but times have changed, I wasnt even in the 1st team last year so you cant blame me for trying something new. I wish the best of luck to all at Helston afc, it was a very hard decision for me to leave thats a fact, no one has lead me at all, my life my choice weather its the right one or not time will tell. It will be hard to play against Helston as ive been there for so long.

BEST OF LUCK THIS YEAR BLAKEY AND THE BOYS FROM ALL TEAMS, MORLEY.

Im glad you & the missus are enjoying the Australian experience m8. As much as i would love you back in our squad, the fact that you are both happy is far more important. We signed Tony Morley last nite & im sure he will be a regular goal scorer for us. Also signed Rob Robinson who played for Hayle last season & all being well, we will be signing Tom Russell tomorrow nite so the squad is coming together nicely. All the lads say Hi m8. Stay in touch pal. :c::c: :c:

Im glad you & the missus are enjoying the Australian experience m8. As much as i would love you back in our squad, the fact that you are both happy is far more important. We signed Tony Morley last nite & im sure he will be a regular goal scorer for us. Also signed Rob Robinson who played for Hayle last season & all being well, we will be signing Tom Russell tomorrow nite so the squad is coming together nicely. All the lads say Hi m8. Stay in touch pal. :c::c::c:

WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK,FOR THE SEASON KEV,TOP BLOKE, H ###### :drink: