Cornwall Football Forum

If there is nothing in writing i wouldnt have thought they can do anything mate. Maybe as a gesture of good will you could give them a bit of money and walk away. Unless you signed a contract they have nothing.

Im guessing.

Surely its Jake who has nothing to do but pay what he owes and then if he still wishes, move up a level, which I'm sure he's capable of! As I understand, if players dont pay their subs then the club, in this case Falmouth Athletic can withhold his registration?

I would have thought that if the club had offered to pay the fines it was probably on the understanding that the player was going to remain loyal to the club for the forthcoming season. If the player had decided to go to another club it is understandable the club would like to retrieve the money from the player.

It's happened many times before, that a club that are owed money prevent the player playing for themselves or their new club until the money is paid leaving the player open to the dreaded saturday afternoon shopping with the missus due to nothing better to do.

Guest postman pat

how would the player feel if the club owed him/her money. would they be so willing to write it off?

clubs have a constant struggle just to survive without having to sponsor players fines :SM_carton: if the player has been fined or not payed their subs then why should they play for any club.if they are allowed to do it to one club then surely they will do it again. :glare:

Guest mariner

99% of junior players know that when they play football on a saturday they have to pay their subs there should be no excuse (within reason) why they cant pay subs, especially when 3 hours after full time they r in town on the lash. Why should any junior player think that they are above anyother teammate and not pay.

i just h8 the fact that kevin toy cant w8 to tell people that i cant go anywhere cause i owe them subs when he was the one who said jake we are getting sponsor money but instead of buying kit and footballs we will pay all your subs and fines if you play for us,which i did.

then when i wanted to leave he said "where do you think your going.. you owe all this money"!!!

i like ath and roy the manager and all the players apart from kevin

not sure if i wanna play in the same team as him

cause he has sort of got me trapped at the club whether i like it or not

thats why i wanted to hear what the rules are when youve been conned!

Guest mariner

Didnt know that, wrong in two ways, sounds like this was planned, and also on the sponsor money, that money must be used on the club not on keeping 1 player im going to phone that slippery little right now

Cant get through at the mo will try again after TOP GEAR

m8 to be perfectly honest with you i do enjoy it at ath im just fed up with kevin and him telling people im stuck their for life.no disrespect to roy hes a good manager and a nice bloke and has built a very good side

i honestly not sure where i want to play

but im thinking of knocking the weights on the head and getting back to what i used to be like :clapper:

Guest Mawnans no 9

You need to knock something on the head young man you are not as good as you used to be and quite frankly not a force anymore !!!! Maybe you should think about paying your subs and you can leave once you paid them off proberly in 2012 the amount you owe that Kev was telling me nearly £500

Guest Mawnans no 9

around 500-600 mark what the man has not mentioned is when athletic got sponsership for him it was good 4-5 years ago when he was a wee nipper they would expect him to now pay some of his way agree ?

yes agree very much if you dont pay a club you shouldnt play till you do

when a player ows me money for me 6 aside team i give thm a warning and then write to the ccfa banning them from playing for other teams senior or junior or even 5 aside football any where

Guest Mawnans no 9

Not a bad way to run things , Jake knows we would like to see him in a green and white shirt but he has now got to make the step up to our level and that includes taking a more professional point of view, if he wants to win things he as got to sort this out sooner rather then later as we are building our squad for this season now !!!

Surely they should have stopped him playing completely if he owed that much!!!

Oh stupid me they are not going to do that when he is one of their better players...Mate go to the citizens advice, you must have been their before when your leotard split during your squats and tescos wouldn't take it back, and see if they really can stop you moving clubs. I reckon if it came down to it they wouldn't be able to stop you.

this is roy i am a manager of fal ath these are the facts.

about the sposorship it was before my time dont know if any of this is true was before my time.

ref jake oweing subs and fines while i was manager jake played in the 2005 2006 season for us picked up fines and did not pay subs .so the start of 2006 2007 season jake owed the club money not sure how much need to speak to kevin about it.before the start of that season alot of players left the club to join other clubs which left me to find a new team.i said to jake that if he signed for me at the start of the season i will sort out his fines and subs so he started the season with a clean slate.but he was told that if he picked up any fines or owe subs for the 2007 2008 season he would have to pay up.he very rarely paid subs and got booked and sent off a few times in that season and have not paid nothing back to the club.so i feel it only fair to put this matter straight before if get out of hand.i get on with jake and kevin but they dont see eye to eye .i hope now this is the end of the matter and they both stay at fal ath .and we can go on and have a good season :(

this is roy i am a manager of fal ath these are the facts.

about the sposorship it was before my time dont know if any of this is true was before my time.

ref jake oweing subs and fines while i was manager jake played in the 2005 2006 season for us picked up fines and did not pay subs .so the start of 2006 2007 season jake owed the club money not sure how much need to speak to kevin about it.before the start of that season alot of players left the club to join other clubs which left me to find a new team.i said to jake that if he signed for me at the start of the season i will sort out his fines and subs so he started the season with a clean slate.but he was told that if he picked up any fines or owe subs for the 2007 2008 season he would have to pay up.he very rarely paid subs and got booked and sent off a few times in that season and have not paid nothing back to the club.so i feel it only fair to put this matter straight before if get out of hand.i get on with jake and kevin but they dont see eye to eye .i hope now this is the end of the matter and they both stay at fal ath .and we can go on and have a good season :(

Well done for coming on and explaining yourself, but could I ask why you let Jake carry on playing last season if he owed that much money? Why didn't you stop him playing? It just seems to me that a lot of clubs allow players to get in debt as a way of ensuring that they have to stay!!!

this will be the last post by me but jake will tell you himself that i never ever try and keep anyone at the club .most people that know me know that i encourage players to go higher if they can.its a difficult decission to make on match day to drop players for not paying subs .if you done that on match day you would only end up with 9 players but most players are honest enough and pay up sometime within the season.jake himself told me that he knows he owes the club money and we came to a understanding that now that he is working that he would start paying it back a few pounds each week.like i said you can ask anyone who knows me i like to be honest with players i dont say anything behind there backs that i wont say to there face.ps i dont think there are many if any clubs get players into dept to keep that player .that would be stupid because that player would not put in 100% for the club and if you ask jake he does like it down ath .i feel the reason is personel between him and kev

yeah but you say most players are honest enough and pay up

but why should i pay up after being conned and on a promise?

and is kevin an honest player???

and would you not think that a player after a good few years of being conned and told if he stays everything is wiped would think whats the point in paying subs now????

only to be told he owes it all

would you not be annoyed?....

Jake,

You know there is a team a few miles down the road that would have you in. I take the subs too so no messing. You give me a couple of quid each week, score a couple of goals, drink a couple of beers and everyone is happy! We may have a couple of Falmouth based players heading over so think about it.

Before anyone gives me **** about this I think it's safe to say it's a refreshing spin on hearing about the problems at Fal Ath. Maybe set a Jake a small fee as a gesture to the club to show his appreciation. Nothing astronimical of course. You may find that another club would be willing to meet this fee and take Jake. That way Ath get some cash in, and Jake is a free man woo hoo!

Despite what has been said he has talent and if he intends to get back to his best then that is good news!

Alright Jake? Tell me if I'm speaking out of turn mate.

Guest Mawnans no 9

Unlucky for you fatso but jakes preferred destination is the green and white of mawnan that is why he is getting so fustrated as he just wants to start training and get prepared for making the step up from his current level, also in the pipeline not confirmed 100% yet but Daniel Knowles could be revealed as the third superstar signing for us this summer

Guest Mawnans no 9

Technically not the same only offically the same standard, if I can get Jake, Justin and Daniel along with two more possible players we have lined up we will walk away with everything next year

Guest whirlwind

mawnan no 9, your obviosly not a mawnan player... your transfer info doesn't make any sense, daniel knowles is more red and black than a sun burnt zebra !!!! and dont think jake has any interest in going mawnan... what would be the point in him settling all his debts to go and play for a team in the same league !!!

Guest Mawnans no 9

I am more then a player at mawnan young man !! to find out who I am ask Greg at training if you are anything to do with mawnan as for daniel k his dad is very confident he is coming our way and just needs to sort out few personal issues

Guest whirlwind

well as one of knowlseys's best mates i can confirm that you are well and truely wrong

plus how could he have any personnel issues, his life consists of football and getting smashed on a saturday!! and what you said about his dad! kev's the one that convinced him to play combo at penryn, but accordingly to mawnan no 9 he's now telling him to go back to mawnan. mawnan no9 stop stiring !!!

Guest Mawnans no 9

I am looking forward to a successful season this season young man and being mr knowles best mate i believe you to be adam or duncan so get your head and you could be part of it come and see me and greg at training and further information will be revealed

well as one of knowlseys's best mates i can confirm that you are well and truely wrong

plus how could he have any personnel issues, his life consists of football and getting smashed on a saturday!! and what you said about his dad! kev's the one that convinced him to play combo at penryn, but accordingly to mawnan no 9 he's now telling him to go back to mawnan. mawnan no9 stop stiring !!!

I am looking forward to a successful season this season young man and being mr knowles best mate i believe you to be adam or duncan so get your head and you could be part of it come and see me and greg at training and further information will be revealed

what do you two sound like it's embarrassing, people in other leagues must be having a great laugh. Haven't you got any self respect or are you still in school thats why the play ground thing is coming out???? WELL MY DAD'S BIGGER, NO MINE IS!

fatso thanks for that m8 im not sure whats happening yet to tell you the truth

dont listen to mawnan 9 whoever he aint

and tms no9 no need to get personall silly when i no who u are

be a t.k.o mariner dont u think lol :o:o:clapper:

how ever childish this may sound

you started it :P