Runners up:- Ottery St Mary

Bottom 2

Teignmouth and Bovey Tracey

West Division

Winners:- Porthlevan

Runners up:- Penzance

Bottom 2

Vospers and godolphin

very interesting that you have placed godolphin at the bottom i wonder where u would get ur facts from , last year camelford were 4th dowballs and foxhole all finished above mid table and we all played in the same league before they went up and if i remember finished higher then them, would be good to know what you based your facts on other than prob just a dig at us , i beleive we will win more than we lose so if we finish bottom should be one hell of a league , metts

Guest Phil H

Two of you have suggested Bovey Tracey will finish in the bottom positions of East, I really would not mind a wager with either or both of you (and I am neither a betting man nor loose with my cash !)

Bovey won the South Devon League last season, a league that includes Upton Athletic, and knocked out Budleigh Salterton in the Premier Cup ! I fancy them to do very well and certainly finish a lot higher than say Ottery St Mary who have lost their manager and a lot of players to Exmouth Town.

I guess this underlines how pointless making predictions is, especially if you don't know the clubs or form of them when making these predictions.

Personally I always think that in each division 1 team will win it and over the season deserve it, 1 team will finish bottom and hopefully not disgrace themselves and the remaining teams will finish between those 2 teams !

I think the front runners in the league will be Bodmin, Parkway, Liskeard, Witheridge, Saltash. Followed by the likes of Launceston, Falmouth, Torpoint, Dartmouth e.t.c Perhaps not in that order. I think more of the Devon teams will find their feet this season like Buckland e.t.c I think its going to be a tougher league this season in the premier league.

In DIv 1 West, I would tip Penzance for the title. Not sure about the rest. mybe Porthleven will be weaker this year?

Honestly do not know much about div 1 east teams. :thumbsup:

oh yeah and i think Truro for div1 west aswell. good luck everyone

Guest alex bradley

I dont think Mr A has got his facts wrong, all he is doing is merely starting an interesting thread by offering his individual stance and opinions, hardly having a dig, if people didnt criticize others opinions then there may be more people posting around here

I think their are alot of teams in the Premier capable of being crowned Champions next May. The SWPL Premier is a strong league and with the likes of Bodmin, Saltash, Falmouth, Dartmouth, Parkway and Witheridge in the league all of them definately shouldn't be written off. With such mouth watering matches this season i think we are all in for some real treats from the sidelines.

Guest Phil H

:SM_carton:

You see Mutley if I don't come on here and voice opinions and give answers then thats wrong, and clearly - not for the 1st time on this site - If I do give an opinion that is now wrong as well !

All I actually said was that I doubted Bovey Tracey would be bottom 2 as they had come up as winners of a fairly strong league and had beaten the reigning champions last season in the County Cup.

I never tipped anyone to win it, or predicted anyone to be in the bottom positions etc etc

So I am left wondering why I bothered to return to this forum :unsure::wacko: :unsure:

Guest Uncle Albert

I think Mutley is quite right. I really don't think the league secretary should be coming onto a forum like this and offering to 'wager a bet' on where any team is going to finish.

You are entitled to your opinions, Mr Hiscox, but your status with the league means there is no way on this earth that you should be getting involved in betting on teams you make decisions about as part of your job.

Can you imagine the secretary of any serious national league doing such a thing? They would be hounded out of office.

More care is needed, Mr H. You need a holiday . . . and quick! :SM_carton:

:( Phil H - these people when told a few salient facts dont know how to respond other than being rude. I am sure that most people on this site DO appreciate your view - but understand the old cliche, your dammned if you don't and your dammned if you do. I think it is nice to get views from people who are closely involved with the game and support its many aspects. :D

Guest Phil H

Thank you Uncle Albert, but could you let me know perchance what a holiday is because the admin of the league never actually stops !

Regarding the general theme I can see that the "lunatics have overtaken the asylum" here, my posting was quite clearly a nod that Bovey Tracey are not tipped to struggle by those in the know and/or in the area.

The damned if you do, damned if you don't comment is indeed true, may I venture another is "once bitten twice shy", maybe a future lack of postings from me on this forum should be guided by that prinicple !

Guest Peppermint

In support of Phil Hiscox - this gentleman not only does a fantastic job as an adminstrator but takes the trouble to visit every ground in the league during the season. Why is he not allowed to voice an opinion and he did not predict who would win the leagues etc.

It is nice that the Secretary of the Peninsula League is keenly interested in football - so please Phil keep posting because we enjoy your contributions and the information you give.

Guest Uncle Albert

Everybody needs a holiday, Mr Hiscox. How else do you refresh your mind? If you haven't got a deputy, then whoever set up the league structure made a mistake there.

For what it's worth, Peppermint, I agree with you. I think Phil Hiscox has been a breath of fresh air on the local football administration scene. From what I have seen he works incredibly hard for south west football and was the driving force last season behind the Peninsula League making such a good debut.

Opinions are the spice of life and the more the merrier I say. And Phil Hiscox's opinion will always be welcome. I just felt the league secretary getting involved in which team he thinks will do well next season was a worrying step.

I reckon Penzance will romp home in West and the margin will only be close if Truro 2nds have a team of committed players rather than just a few disgruntled first team squad lads.

Plymstock will be up there, they are a good young side, I will be surprised if Porthleven have a top 3 finish, Gary will do well to replace those he has lost unfortunately.

I hope Penryn find some consistency and make a better challenge.

I do hope Godolphin do ok and that Metts continues to post as he always gives me a chuckle.

In the Premier I would go for Saltash, Parkway and Bodmin for the top 3 and would have Bodmin to shade it probably with Saltash to repeat their 2nd spot again, depending on injuries and inevitable suspensions. Witheridge have obviously got something going for them and will no doubt have a say, possibly Dartmouth depending on if they have strengthened but you also can't write off Newton Abbott who have sliently gone about building a new era at the club with their link up with Dawlish.

Launceston have also added some quality to their squad and if their key players can stay fit and free from suspensions they will also be a force to reckoned with, as long as their management team don't don their boots! (No bikes allowed on the pitch Smudge!)

It's going to be interesting to see what happens at Collumpton with former Exmouth boss Richard Pears now over there and no doubt a few of the key players that did well in the East last season being added.

Overall I think the Premier looks very strong and I'm looking forward to catching up with lots of respected managers and old friends this season. Lots of young managers which is good in my opinion. (Obviously Bowks is the oldest one still playing!)

Now that I've talked up everyone else I better get back to strengthening my own squad just so we don't go down again! Ha Ha

Good luck to everyone.

Up the Bridgers!

Stay away Phil H and stop giving these people the chance to make a fool of themselves.

What is this person on about?

:SM_carton:

You see Mutley if I don't come on here and voice opinions and give answers then thats wrong, and clearly - not for the 1st time on this site - If I do give an opinion that is now wrong as well !

All I actually said was that I doubted Bovey Tracey would be bottom 2 as they had come up as winners of a fairly strong league and had beaten the reigning champions last season in the County Cup.

I never tipped anyone to win it, or predicted anyone to be in the bottom positions etc etc

So I am left wondering why I bothered to return to this forum :unsure::wacko::unsure:

I am not being detrimental towards you Phil H, I just think that a league officials should keep his opinions to himself because one day these comments may come back to haunt you, you never know!

Keep up the good work it is more than obvious that you are an excellent administrator and to run things in this day and age is a thankless task!

Guest Urban Spaceman

Stay away Phil H and stop giving these people the chance to make a fool of themselves.

this coming from an indy journo who always likes to give his opinion. and to all the other morons a league official is perfectly entitled to his opinion. how could he ever have influence over where they come in the league.

i think falmouth will struggle and cullompton will fair better but bodmin will win it with liskeard and saltash making the top 3.

If Godolphin keep the same players as they had last year they wouldnt finish in the bottom two let alone if they have added to the squad they have. Penzance winners St Austell Runners up i feel. Bottom two...Millbrook, Vospers (as i have no idea what is going on there at the min)

Overall tho the league should be alot stronger than last season so should be a tough one.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Yeah ECPL does that all by himself!!!

Bod's and Hakey, what have you pair been drinking?!!

Only objective for St. Austell this season is to avoid relegation with no pressure's of any other agenda.

(Bod's your gonna pay for your over zealous prediction at training tomorrow night!!!!)

Launceston have also added some quality to their squad and if their key players can stay fit and free from suspensions they will also be a force to reckoned with, as long as their management team don't don their boots! (No bikes allowed on the pitch Smudge!)

Never a truer word said Duds. I think we're in with a chance if the management stick to managing and don't think that they still have something to offer on the pitch. Lets be honest, if Dawey was a horse he'd have been shot a long time ago and Smudge, well, you'd get more movement from a pebble in the centre of the park (great tan though!!) I have sent a petition to Parliament which the population of Launceston have signed to say that the management duo should be locked up if they even attempt to play a game this season!!

premier: its hard to see past bodmin but as stuart Dudley said there is an improving chasing pack and one or two may run them close. Good luck wadebridge.

West: obviously Penzance will be a force and who knows with Truro ? Port might struggle to carry on last years good run. impressed with Camelford who could go close, Will jeff be able to continue the good work at Mousehole and Penryn should be more consistant to be in with a shout. Heard good reports about Plymstock, and I think hayle could be a good outside bet. (I think that gives me 8 chances) Hard to say about alot of teams who will be under new management, St Austell will be better equipped with Glynn in charge and we don't know whats happening at Vospers or Millbrook. Newquay will be an unknown (But at least with winno in charge I won't be the biggest manager this year lol :yahoo: ) and Foxhole , Dobwalls and Wendron will want to improve from last year. Godolphin should settle in mid table.

As for ourselves we had a difficult season but to be honest I enjoyed the ride and we finished well, but pre season has not gone well and I imagine we will be one of the favourites for the drop but I will be happy finishing in 15th position again as that will mean we have missed relegation. Good luck to everyone.......

very interesting that you have placed godolphin at the bottom i wonder where u would get ur facts from , last year camelford were 4th dowballs and foxhole all finished above mid table and we all played in the same league before they went up and if i remember finished higher then them, would be good to know what you based your facts on other than prob just a dig at us , i beleive we will win more than we lose so if we finish bottom should be one hell of a league , metts

:rolleyes: touchy or what, good post though Metts gave me a chuckle!!

While I know that people should be able to voice their opinions,I think that administrators of a such league should keep their opinions to theirselves or am i being 'old-fashioned'?

You still have me laughing Mutlang!!!!

Having just read a press report I predict Saltash United to topple/challenge SWPL champions Bodmin Town this coming season.

They have added eight new players to their already impressive squad ie.

Shaun Manley and Paul Madden from Bodmin,Brinton Nute and Matt Godfrey from Falmouth,Paul Edwards from Plymouth Parkway,Simon Parnell St.Blazey?, Goalkeeper Martin Piper from Tamarside and Levi Landricombe a Devon under 18 player from Wessex Rangers.

Competition will be extreme with only Josh Fenwick leaving for Holsworthy.

I see the main challenge to Saltash/Bodmin coming from Launceston,Parkway and Witheridge.

• 4 weeks later...

Having now watched a few games and spoke to others about the different squads , updated opinion is as follows

winners :- Bodmin

Runners up:- Parkway

Bottom 2

Clyst and liskeard

East Division

Winners:- Budleigh

Runners up:- Ottery St Mary

Bottom 2

Teignmouth and totnes and dartington

West Division

Winners:- porthleven

Runners up:- millbrook