Cornwall Football Forum

Portreath

Guest Postie Pidge

Any truth in the rumour that the Portreath manager and assistant/physio Vicky have quit?

here we go..... Roger and vickie have both resigned we will miss them both roger a great motivator and a great man, vickie thanks for all your hardwork and dedication to portreath football club who is going to warm us down now.

shock to all players who never saw it coming.

see you all next year.

I think they might of :D

Guest Postie Pidge

Further to that, any truth they have lost a few players to Carharrack? Again I might be off or have missed something already posted

hear we go again i heard this i heard that

im a portreath player and as far as i know all the players are waiting for the agm before making any decisions about next season . dave all you need to know is that roger has resigned and his reasons for resigning are fully understood and accepted by all the players and comittee.

What a strange coincidence as the manager and his assistant at St Dominick who Portrearth beat in the Junior Cup final stood down as well.

Will this mean that Portreath might withdraw their application for Combo?

Most people know that at times there was a little bit on offer to players, every now and then, without the man who potentially helped them with that, will players leave?

Will the Buckley's stay? no Duane Britton, be interesting to see what happens now really

cowper allready gone cud he see this happening before anyone else

No disrespect to Cowps but he isn't that bright mate....Hopefully some light will be shed after the agm

tonight. Keep the gossip going though...not much on here at the moment.

Thanks for your accolades not ready for management yet.... still want to play and to many family commitments at the moment as my family are still young. As for the gossip from agm Roger will be holding another meeting with all players in three weeks time then decisions will be made on the future of the players and not the club because with the great set up Portreath has it will go on whatever happens in three weeks time.

One topic came up last night do players play for the team they represent or do they play for there manager i know in my case i have been glad to play for a team and for my team mates but uppermost in my mind i have played for the manager and not the club as they are the ones who have brought me to the clubs. Opinions please.....

At senior level its money or manager!

Take Trevor Mewton for example and who he's taken around with him. Paul Caddy at Holmans. Some managers have earnt respect as well, Kimmo at Aggie has managed to get some great players to the club when to be fair there's little to offer there.

Then there's St Just, why would anyone who doesn't live there want to play down there?? Money???

I THINK THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO PLAY FOR MONEY,PEOPLE WHO PLAY BECAUSE OF THE MANAGER,PEOPLE WHO PLAY WITH MATE'S ,PEOPLE WHO LIKE THE SET UP,AND PEOPLE WHO PLAY JUST BECAUSE ITS LIKELY TO WIN SOMETHING,PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT AND LOOK FOR DIFFERENT THINGS.

Hit the nail on the head there Neal!

I just play because I love doing it and because if I didn't I would be about 32 stone .... hehe.

I think you're right though, like yourself, Darren will make a good manager one day. I think there are quite a few in your generation that will ultimately do well in management.

Guest bundithegreat

help someone, i go to florida for two weeks and everything is up in the air at portreath!!!!

i missed the Awards night so dont know what was said there and i missed the AGM aswell so again dont know what was said then, i am sad to hear roger has stepped down as manager as he has made the club what it is today along with the background people, has he left the club altogether?

cant say i am sad to hear vicky has left, all she used to do was fitness training and boast about how great she was!!!!!!

any names coming forward for manager yet? get shaun pollard in from illogan great guy with same passion as roger for football, dont know what he is doing st moment?

there is alot of waiting around with the club at the minute, no friendlies, no training surely this isnt what should be happening at the moment for the club, its a big year coming up so lets get it started, as for are players staying are players going well why wait for a meeting with roger, surely you all enjoyed playing for the club last year and you proved so many people wrong with the amount of stuff you guys won, dont be a one year wonder, make your decision and prove last year wasnt the end but the beginning of a great team staying together and doing well in the combo league.

i dont know what roger is doing at the moment but i know he hasnt made portreath what it is today and he would want to see the club do well even if he was to leave the club, which i dont think he would, the passion you see in his eyes is great, i havent had the pleasure to play under his management but we all know that he loves the game and loves the club!!!!!!!!

what are all the players waiting for???????

by the way i lost 5 lbs in florida come on the fat man but must stay awa from pasties and start training when the club is ready to pull there socks up and get on with trying to stay in combo for more than one season!!!!

cant say i am sad to hear vicky has left, all she used to do was fitness training and boast about how great she was!!!!!!

Rather than running Vicky down on this website Bundithegreat,you should be congratulating her on doing her job within your club so well that Portreath won their league and the Junior Cup last season.

Reading your post,it doesn't seem that you know too much about what it is happening within your own club!

Guest bundithegreat

if you read my post you will see i have been away for two weeks and have missed our AGM and awards night so yeh you are right i havent got a clue whats going on, i wasnt running vicky down i was stating i wouldnt be sad to see she has gone ask the players the reason they won the league and junior cup is because of the players passion to win and a great manager that wants to win things, you dont need an athletics person to win games in football!!!!!!

the club has great sponsership a great commitee and a great manager, who ever tries to feel rogers boots will need to have big feet i know that but i also know if the first team keep there players together the manager coming in will find it alot easier!!!!!

if you read my post you will see i have been away for two weeks and have missed our AGM and awards night so yeh you are right i havent got a clue whats going on, i wasnt running vicky down i was stating i wouldnt be sad to see she has gone ask the players the reason they won the league and junior cup is because of the players passion to win and a great manager that wants to win things, you dont need an athletics person to win games in football!!!!!!

the club has great sponsership a great commitee and a great manager, who ever tries to feel rogers boots will need to have big feet i know that but i also know if the first team keep there players together the manager coming in will find it alot easier!!!!!

so are you saying the fitness she helped your players get did nothing to help you win the things you won????????

bundithegreat, Just checked out your profile picture (Very nice i must say).

Did you have a problem with vic then or was she training you a little to hard, Looks like you would prefer a beer or two rather than train.

Are you going to the next meeting then because i would love to be a fly on the wall when you walk in having just given the club that you played for a right bashing.

Maybe though with only 8 posts to your name (Soon to be 9) you are just another numpty using the forum to give people the wrong impression of others.

imho i would save what you have to say until the next meeting bearing in mind that a lot of people read the forums.

Your choice fella :unsure:

well said cockerkneeboy, all i can say on the vickie front is tha t she has helped pro long my career with the physio she gave me and keeping me fit alright she took it a little too serious at times but i;m gratefull for what she has helped to acheive at this small village club on and off the pitch charter standards and all....

as for the players as i have said before the players will make their own mind up once Roger has held his next meeting, the club will go on even if the players decide to go.

see you soon cockerkneeboy.

Guest bundithegreat

you go cockerneyboy, i wasnt in anyway putting my club down i am trying to put across a point that- portreath as a club need to focus on the coming season more than they are now, forget about vicky and roger stepping down as manager, people need to move on and realise that this coming season is the biggest season the club will ever have!!!!

only myself and i think two other players have been here since the start of the club, i would not say i wrong word about the club apart from that the players and the commitee need to pull there finger out and start preparing for next season before its too late.

as for the players i know the reserve team will be there next year minus one or two so all we need now is for the first team to have there silly meeting see what they can get from the club and then sign on, if i was a first team player from last year then i would be signing on already and getting ready to prove that last year wasnt just luck!!!! but some players dont want to prove a point, some players want money and what benefits they will get, come on portreath as a club is the best around for benefits, you dont pay subs, you get free tracksuit, polo shirt and kit bag, but some players this aint enough!!!!!!

it happens season after season there is no loyalty in football anymore its all about what you can get from a club and if you are gonna win trophy's!!!!!

Guest bundithegreat

i dont know if anyone has no one really says anything, but there has to be someone out there who hasnt got anything to do on a saturday!!!!

does anyone know any managers out there who are unemployed?????

i suggested shaun pollard from illogan but dont know what he is up to????

i dont know if anyone has no one really says anything, but there has to be someone out there who hasnt got anything to do on a saturday!!!!

does anyone know any managers out there who are unemployed?????

i suggested shaun pollard from illogan but dont know what he is up to????

Sean is playing golf so I think he's out of the question....I do know someone who might be interested though

I will speak to him tomorrow & test the water, he's played a good standard & knows his stuff.

you go cockerneyboy, i wasnt in anyway putting my club down i am trying to put across a point that- portreath as a club need to focus on the coming season more than they are now, forget about vicky and roger stepping down as manager, people need to move on and realise that this coming season is the biggest season the club will ever have!!!!

only myself and i think two other players have been here since the start of the club, i would not say i wrong word about the club apart from that the players and the commitee need to pull there finger out and start preparing for next season before its too late.

as for the players i know the reserve team will be there next year minus one or two so all we need now is for the first team to have there silly meeting see what they can get from the club and then sign on, if i was a first team player from last year then i would be signing on already and getting ready to prove that last year wasnt just luck!!!! but some players dont want to prove a point, some players want money and what benefits they will get, come on portreath as a club is the best around for benefits, you dont pay subs, you get free tracksuit, polo shirt and kit bag, but some players this aint enough!!!!!!

it happens season after season there is no loyalty in football anymore its all about what you can get from a club and if you are gonna win trophy's!!!!!

bundithegreat or is it Alan.

I wont be at the meeting, as i said i would love to be a fly on the wall but even i would look silly dressed as a fly :D

I can see your point on some of what you say and i admire the fact that you have been a one man club but having read the post and what you put in it i thought it was a little harsh to put down Vic like that, Like i said this is a public forum and a lot of people can see what you are saying.

As i said before maybe this is not the place to be saying those type of things and it may be best to wait until you see everyone again, I would also say that this is junior football and if a player is given free tracksuit or polo shirt then thats fair enough and down to the club, I have to pay for my polo shirt or training top and subs, i expect a lot of others do to and rightly so i should say, Why should money or freebies get in the way and ruin the game we love.

Portreath had a fantastic side last season and a lot of the lads are indeed friends of mine and i thoroughly enjoyed the games i was involved in against them, I even watched Portreath during the junior cup run and went to games and i have to say i was pleased that some of my friends went all the way and lifted the junior cup as it is a great achievement, I agree though that now the club have gone up a stage they need to be taken forward and im sure that this will happen in time.

What players do at the end of the season is down to them though, Some are not so young now and the thought of playing combo every week may take its toll but im sure that the club will do well but bear in mind that this is new territory for the club and its not an easy step to make.

I wish Portreath and whoever takes over all the best and i am looking forward to seeing just how the club do.

All the best fella.

Baggie, You have not heard anything yet because you are one of those that is a little to old now my friend :D:D:D

treasure parks no 1, Yes mate i shall see you soon be good to catch up again mate :thumbsup:

Sticks and stones cockerkneeboy, you will always be older than me.....

I reckon I got another season in combo left in me the only thing is combo doesn't inspire me.

Not like reading yours posts mate.

The more I think about the Portreath situation at the moment, I think f*** it, I'll go else where but I feel

I owe Roger time to try & sort thing out.. But its still early days, got a holiday coming up so I will miss the start of the season any way.

Guest bundithegreat

cockerkneeboy please read my posts again, because i have never said a bad word about roger, i think the guy is a legend and the club wouldnt be where it is today without him and if anyone of us could change his mind and make him come back and manage im sure we would say anything, i just hope he stays with the club on the commitee!!!

baggie when are you gonna retire because you are using my space up in the first team ha ha well actually you and about 3 stone are keeping me out lol, hopefully will see you when we start training again as now i can make training and will enjoy it more with a ball at my feet rather than running around like a pissing greyhound. hopefully the situation at portreath will clear very soon, hopefully someone from commitee will post on here and keep us players up to date rather than in the dark coz like you said players wont wait around too long

keep smiling gentleman

Sticks and stones cockerkneeboy, you will always be older than me.....

I reckon I got another season in combo left in me the only thing is combo doesn't inspire me.

Not like reading yours posts mate.

The more I think about the Portreath situation at the moment, I think f*** it, I'll go else where but I feel

I owe Portreath another season. But its still early days, got a holiday coming up so I will miss the start of the season any way.

baggie, I expect you do have one more season at combo leval after all they tend to be a little slower and use there heads a bit more which will suit you down to the ground :D:D:D

Im sure whatever you do or whever you play you will be an asset thought fella, I expect we will catch up along the way somewhere, I would have :drink: with you but i know you cant drink :D:D:D

Its all banter fella which is a good thing. :thumbsup:

bundithegreat, Post edited chap although imho as you had put vic down you had also done the same to Roger as they were both a major part of a very successful football team last season, Anyway fella enough said i think. Lifes just to short.

All the best for next season :thumbsup:

Guest bundithegreat

enough of all the bad stuff going on at portreath, any news on a manager, any rumours and more important is there anyone that is definately signing on this year??

:drink:

enough of all the bad stuff going on at portreath, any news on a manager, any rumours and more important is there anyone that is definately signing on this year??

Bundi I have put forward a suggestion to Roger, Roger has spoken to him & he will be at the meeting,

I can't say who it is as he might still be asscoiated with another club but he's a decent bloke & I have played a couple of seasons with him....though it is difficult to get a beer out of him...hopefully he'll sign anyway he would be a good addition to the club, lots of experience ( he's old) well the same age as J bucks.

We'll see what happens....! :thumbsup:

Guest bundithegreat

nice one baggie,

looks like things will get sorted out at this meeting and we can finally get our boots on and get training for next seaon then hopefully lose another half a stone and be able to run abit next season for the reserves, loads have new faces are asking when our training starts so hopefully will be able to tell them next week, god its been so hard seeing all the negative stuff about portreath be good when the first game of the season comes and people will only talk good about the club!!!!

look forward to catching up on wednesday!!!!!