Cornwall Football Forum

Tuesday 06 Feb

Was nearly a case of an eye on the weekend for Falmouth last night, they must have been wondering what was going on at HT? Looks as though Millbrook are heading for the Bridport GD record (-168, Millbrook current on -114), hopefully they can take some confidence from that first half. On a side note, where were the usual X updates from Falmouth? Millbrook posted half time but not full time, Falmouth posted full time so I suppose they got it between them.

68 for a cup quarter final is mad. I know the weather was rubbish but I thought there'd a 100 at minimum.

17 minutes ago, Triggs60 said:

Was nearly a case of an eye on the weekend for Falmouth last night, they must have been wondering what was going on at HT? Looks as though Millbrook are heading for the Bridport GD record (-168, Millbrook current on -114), hopefully they can take some confidence from that first half. On a side note, where were the usual X updates from Falmouth? Millbrook posted half time but not full time, Falmouth posted full time so I suppose they got it between them.

68 for a cup quarter final is mad. I know the weather was rubbish but I thought there'd a 100 at minimum.

There was 33 children there but because they don’t pay, they’re not counted.🤣🤣🤣 Can’t imagine many away supporters came down in such poor weather either. 

Absolutely horrid conditions at Helston last night, fair play to the ground staff who prepared the pitch for the forecasted deluge, especially second half! Hats off to anyone who braved the weather too, would've been easy to stay in and watch Argyle on BBC 1.

11 minutes ago, John Henry said:

This was games that Falmouth and Bridgwater didn’t want especially this week as their focus must have been on what is happening on Saturday when they play in what is the biggest game for years in the vase,

You can see why. If you're a player, you wouldn't have wanted to risk any chance of being injured for the Vase.

42 minutes ago, Railwayman in Exile said:

Non League matters is suggesting that was Falmouth's lowest attendance of the season, I guess weather hit both clubs.

The weather and Plymouth Argyle home to Leeds United in the FA Cup, which was on BBC1, will have certainly hit gate figures.  I saw that Taunton had 489 for their game, almost half their season's average so far.