Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell will be happy that game went ahead!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to AFC St Austell will be happy that game went ahead!
8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

St Austell played well and stuck to their plan, while Helston possibly had their thoughts on the league - no Damerell and Shepherd only played 40 minutes, but don't take anything away from St Austell's victory!

Surprising decisions being the holders.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Wade said:

Was the game covered by the ever impressive Piran films?

Always good (no matter the result) to see the coverage, wish more teams did it personally.

JW

No I saw on social media that due to health reasons it was decided not to be out in the cold for 90 minutes (plus possibly extra time and penalties!). 

St Austell played very well. High energy, great organisation from front to back and fought for every single ball. Sat very deep but this worked, they soaked up the pressure well. 

Deserved winners and a very good strike for the equaliser. Carter's winner was also well taken. 

20 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

St Austell played very well. High energy, great organisation from front to back and fought for every single ball. Sat very deep but this worked, they soaked up the pressure well. 

Deserved winners and a very good strike for the equaliser. Carter's winner was also well taken. 

If I was a betting man, I would be putting a fiver on St Austell to win the Senior Cup. Lot of big match experience and past silverware in that squad.

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Perhaps more evidence that the FA at times don’t really consider the non-league football follower! Easter should be for local derbies not possibly  travelling half the length of the country! 

9 hours ago, Railwayman in Exile said:

Not jumping the gun, but the first FA Vase semi final date is Saturday the 30th of March.

Potential fixtures for Falmouth are & I know something will give.

29/3 Away at Helston

30/3 FA Vase Semi First Leg

1/4 Cornwall Senior Cup

Your right . Massey and Wilson will be available for helston game again but obviously cup tied for vase and senior cup. 

21 hours ago, Railwayman in Exile said:

Not jumping the gun, but the first FA Vase semi final date is Saturday the 30th of March.

Potential fixtures for Falmouth are & I know something will give.

29/3 Away at Helston

30/3 FA Vase Semi First Leg

1/4 Cornwall Senior Cup

No way the league will make them play on Good Friday and Saturday.

On 17/01/2024 at 23:36, Dave Deacon said:

St Austell played well and stuck to their plan, while Helston possibly had their thoughts on the league - no Damerell and Shepherd only played 40 minutes, but don't take anything away from St Austell's victory!

With the size of squad Helston have - let’s give all the credit to St Austell and nothing else needs saying.