FRIDAY 22 DECEMBER 2023

Millbrook    2-1    Saltash United

Street     2-4     Clevedon Town                          

SATURDAY 23 DECEMBER 2023          

Bridgwater United     2-3     Buckland Athletic

Oldland Abbotonians    0-6     Barnstaple Town

10 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Millbrook 2 - 1 Saltash 

Bad result for Saltash who seem to be getting worse rather than better! Struggling to score against a team that were shipping goals most weeks. On the flip side well done to Millbrook, are they now turning things around?

Well done Millbrook. Bet there will be a few celebratory drinks tonight.

Saltash on the other hand are the club that just keeps on giving 🤣

Hands down the worst game I’ve seen all season, but fair play to Millbrook for not giving up.  

im really trying to stay positive about the ashes this season, but it’s a case of one step forward with decent performances against the top teams Losing by the odd goal, and performances like last night, devoid of any quality whatsoever.  

Having watched the ashes for almost 50 years, I can honestly say that I’ve never questioned my loyalty as much as I am now. 

1 hour ago, Saltash Tim said:

Hands down the worst game I’ve seen all season, but fair play to Millbrook for not giving up.  

im really trying to stay positive about the ashes this season, but it’s a case of one step forward with decent performances against the top teams Losing by the odd goal, and performances like last night, devoid of any quality whatsoever.  

Having watched the ashes for almost 50 years, I can honestly say that I’ve never questioned my loyalty as much as I am now. 

What needs to change Tim?
The secretary always seems so upbeat 

Consistency for a start. We’ve played really well against the likes of Bridgwater and Barnstaple, but gone to sleep and conceded soft goals late on.

I fear that the club has burnt its bridges with potential signings after paying the players late, and hence having to start this season with a totally new squad.  Players talk to other players and sadly all saltash will be able to attract will Be decent young lads from Marjon and argyle, any really decent ones will use the ashes as a stepping stone to bigger things at the likes of Parkway and Tavistock.

I’m no expert and appreciate that Macca is doing his best with limited funds, but it’s heartbreaking going from top 3 to bottom 3 in 6 months

Having seen Millbrook lose at Helston earlier in the season I did wonder how long they could limp along. Fair play to everyone that they've kept going and congratulations on their first win of the season, deserve that just for perseverance.

Saltash is well documented & need one or two goalscorers, in a similar position to other clubs. Having seen them several times this year they are improving from a difficult start and look like potentially the makings of a very good side, however that inability to score goals will make it a challenging season. If they could score more goals, teams would be chasing them, instead of being a goal behind. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Friday & Saturday 22 & 23 December 2023

Great result for Buckland which makes things even tighter at the top of the league. 

With the top clubs playing each other in the next month it could be any one from the first 5, plus Barnstaple, to win it with the 4 play-off places as well up for grabs.

Should be an interesting 2nd half of the season.