Cornwall Football Forum

Perranwell 1 St/Day 0 h/t 1-0

That was the score when i left after 65 minutes.

Goal after about ten minutes from John Blundell which Paul Hoskins got his hands to low down but couldn't keep out.

Perranwell struck a post in the second half and the St.Day No.1 made another fine save soon after from a strong shot.

Can You post your results here for everyone a.s.a.p. please for

Tuesday 8th April 2008

Cornwall Combination League

Falmouth Town Reserves 3-0 Porthleven Reserves

Helston Athletic 1-2 Truro City Reserves

Illogan RBL 1-0 Perranporth

Newquay Reserves 4-2 St Agnes

Penryn Athletic Reserves 3-0 Holman SC

Perranwell 4-0 St Day

St Ives Town 1-1 Ludgvan

Wendron CC United Reserves 1-1 RNAS Culdrose

Yes, Truro beat Helston 2-1.

Kayne Trevaskis gave the Blues the lead finishing well after a long clearance upfield. The goal coming against the run of play with Truro forcing Helston back, but without really forcing the 'keeper into action.

They then failed to make the most of an opportunity to put them two up before City equalise before the break with a Jake Ash header at the far post from a free-kick.

Bryan Hawke had a glorious opportunity to give Helston the lead early in the second-half before midway through the half, Dan Richardson turned in a cross from the right for the winner.

Not a classic, Helston never allowed Truro to settle, and in fact perhaps might have expected Dom Pullen to level the game late on with a header at the far post, the league's top scorer failing to steer the ball back towards goal.

perranwell 4-0 st day

gutted, but in the end fitness showed, as we crashed to three goals in the last ten mins. not too much to say as i felt we could have pushed on and got something from the game.

ref watch Mr knowles, as always very good let the game flow and never let it get out of control, no need for a card all game as there wasn't a bad tackle in sight, probably on of the easiest games he has had to ref. (9/10 only got a nine as he had a pink whistle)

Guest Helston Patriot

Dave summed up the game well..

Hope it was a good game to watch. Just like to add Barry in goal for us made 2 of the best saves i've seen in a long while. Even the Truro players and ref couldn't believe them!

Guest Woodpecker

Not a classic, Helston never allowed Truro to settle, and in fact perhaps might have expected Dom Pullen to level the game late on with a header at the far post, the league's top scorer failing to steer the ball back towards goal.

Great comment dave-Just proves a very big point,you would of thought the best striker in cornwall would of scored :yahoo: Against good teams you have less chances to score,you must take your chances.It's easy to score 3 or 4 in games when the opposition is weak and you have lots of chances to score!In the swpl you don't get as many chances to score as in the combo :thumbsup:

Plus a player who scored 4 goals for ludgvan in the combo on saturday,normally play's in the swpl with mousehole as a defender :yahoo:

Woodpecker you were reading my mind.

I was just talking to Lil-Miss-Cornwall and we were wondering how many Mousehole lads Ludgvan had playing for them tonight and how many 1st teamers Wendron used. Both teams got a point tonight which makes the bottom of the league even tighter.

Top of the league sees 3 teams chasing Truro all with 62 points. Are Perranwell going to jump into 2nd place putting a spoke into Helston's promotion bid.

Guest Woodpecker

Cheers mate,you r a saint :thumbsup::drink::smiley20: Didn't know about gerrans playing in midfield for mousehole,i normally watch cornish magpies play :c::c:

to ctb-I think ludgvan had 6 mousehole players tonight :thumbsup::thumbsup::yahoo: plus helston can't get promoted,only truro r going up :thumbsup:

CTB surely you can't be having a dig at teams using the players they can get their hands on.

Penzance are rearranging their fixtures quicker than Arsenals fans heading back down the motorway to London.

I would like to see if you ask the same questions when Penzance field a number of 1st team players tomorrow night.

Ludgvan fielded Gerrans and Kelvin Snell.

Guest Helston Patriot

Cheers mate,you r a saint :thumbsup::drink::smiley20: Didn't know about gerrans playing in midfield for mousehole,i normally watch cornish magpies play :c::c:

to ctb-I think ludgvan had 6 mousehole players tonight :thumbsup::thumbsup::yahoo:plus helston can't get promoted,only truro r going up :thumbsup:

I thought Truro Reserves can only get promoted if the 1st's do??? I've been told that 4 OTHER teams have also applied to the southern league too... So surely its not a foregone Conculsion??? Anyone spread some light on that?

Guest Terrier Tom

If you go to the Tony Kempster website you will see there are 8 places available for promotion to the Southern League. Only one is allocated from the Western League Premier (it would seem, much to Dawlish's naiveity!) so should Truro win Saturday, they are promoted and thus so will the 2nd team should they go up.

Supposedly the Southern League could reject Truro, but the FA would never, in a million years, let that stand as it goes against everything the pyramid system stands for.

So to answer the question, barring a disaster for either team, they will both gain promotion next season.

As for whats happening up in the Northern League / Unibond - now that is fun!!! No-one wants to go up at all there!

Bed. Terrier!

Kayne Trevaskis gave the Blues the lead finishing well after a long clearance upfield. The goal coming against the run of play with Truro forcing Helston back, but without really forcing the 'keeper into action.

They then failed to make the most of an opportunity to put them two up before City equalise before the break with a Jake Ash header at the far post from a free-kick.

Bryan Hawke had a glorious opportunity to give Helston the lead early in the second-half before midway through the half, Dan Richardson turned in a cross from the right for the winner.

I watched this game last night and to my suprise i saw a very different Truro. How they didn't go into the break 4-1 DOWN is beyond me! After 25minutes, On came one half of Truro's best duo this season in my old humble opinion (Skinner) and things improved slighty, this change came due to Injury but i wonder how long Mr Mewton would of kept him sidelined?!?. Jake Ash's goal coming from a dubious freekick which on delivery, fouled his marker to score! I expect Mr Mewton had a few choice words to say at the interval. After my nice Cuppa at half time, i thought to myself it can only get better and low and behold 2 minutes after the restart, Helston should of scored again! One Minute later Harrington was brought on, and it showed how much Truro miss him, with Skinner in centre Midfield. Second half was end to end stuff and Truro's passing started to click but Helston never stopped, Hounded and closed down quickly. Helston 'keeper was different class, Gordan Banks....

But Truro Sneaked it with a goal starting from another set peice (both given away by NO14) who then didn't track (sorry poor eye sight i think) Richardson who tapped in from 4 yards after the cross going through 3 players legs! Truro's and Helstons!

Overall gald i decided to watch this game, Impressed with Helstons attitude and team spirt and commitment.

Just like to add from a comment made from Woodpecker,; If you expected Dom Pullen to score then surely you would have expected RESKI who has scored 10 goals in the Toolstation Premier League to score?

GET WELL SOON ROSS POPE WHO BROKE HIS FOOT LAST NIGHT

Guest WINNO

WELL DONE TO TRURO LAST NIGHT AND ALL SEASON THEY ARE PROVING THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. BUT WE GAVE THEM A REAL GO AND PERSONALLY THOUGHT WE DESERVED AT LEAST A POINT. BUT ITS ALL ABOUT CHANCES AND WE DIDNT PUNISH THEM. CREDIT TO BARRY HENNESSEY HE PULLED OFF 2 BLINDERS CREDIT TO THE BLOKE.

YOUR ANSEWER FLIPPER LEFT MITCH OUT AS HE WASNT PLAYING WELL ENOUGH. PLAYED MYSELF AND I WAS DOING OK BUT I HURT MY BACK. SO BARRY HAS HAD ANOTHER CHANCE AND HE HAS RIPPED MY HANDS OFF!!!RESPECT TO HIM UNLIKE LOTS OF PLAYERS THESE DAYS AT LOTS OF CLUBS. HE WAS LEFT OUT AND STAYED NOW THAT DOESNT HAPPEN MUCH ANYMORE DOES IT!!!!!!! I THINK ITS CALLED LOYALTY!!!!!

WOODPECKER I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND IF YOUVE EVER PLAYED THE GAME AT ALL. PM ME IF YOU WANT BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHO U R!!!!!!

STRIKERS MISS CHANCES EVEN PREMIERSHIP ONES. BUT AS THEY ALWAYS SAY GOOD STRIKERS GET INTO POSITIONS TO MISS.

DOMO SCORED GOALS AGAINST MOST SIDES IN THE COMBO INCLUDING 4 AGAINST PERRANWELL ARE THEY A CRAP SIDE!!!! I THINK NOT!!!!!!!

WELL DONE TO TRURO LAST NIGHT AND ALL SEASON THEY ARE PROVING THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. BUT WE GAVE THEM A REAL GO AND PERSONALLY THOUGHT WE DESERVED AT LEAST A POINT. BUT ITS ALL ABOUT CHANCES AND WE DIDNT PUNISH THEM.

Very Honest Winno, Your lads performance was top notch. Last night was a good advert for Combination Football and was better than the Cup final itself!

Guest Helston Patriot

HP or Winno, why is Barry Hennessey back in favour again?I thought Winno was doing alright

Why ask me??????????? :wacko:

Guest Helston Patriot

You got your opinions on everything else!! :P

Say's the person with more posts than me by a long way!

Barry has worked hard for the club and now he is playing really well. Last night he was awesome in goal.

I watched this game last night and to my suprise i saw a very different Truro. How they didn't go into the break 4-1 DOWN is beyond me! After 25minutes, On came one half of Truro's best duo this season in my old humble opinion (Skinner) and things improved slighty, this change came due to Injury but i wonder how long Mr Mewton would of kept him sidelined?!?. Jake Ash's goal coming from a dubious freekick which on delivery, fouled his marker to score! I expect Mr Mewton had a few choice words to say at the interval. After my nice Cuppa at half time, i thought to myself it can only get better and low and behold 2 minutes after the restart, Helston should of scored again! One Minute later Harrington was brought on, and it showed how much Truro miss him, with Skinner in centre Midfield. Second half was end to end stuff and Truro's passing started to click but Helston never stopped, Hounded and closed down quickly. Helston 'keeper was different class, Gordan Banks....

But Truro Sneaked it with a goal starting from another set peice (both given away by NO14) who then didn't track (sorry poor eye sight i think) Richardson who tapped in from 4 yards after the cross going through 3 players legs! Truro's and Helstons!

Overall gald i decided to watch this game, Impressed with Helstons attitude and team spirt and commitment.

Just like to add from a comment made from Woodpecker,; If you expected Dom Pullen to score then surely you would have expected RESKI who has scored 10 goals in the Toolstation Premier League to score?

your right about the poor eyesight,first 20 mins truro should have been 2-0 up then when helston scored,they had the lion shave of the last 20,second half could have gone either way,well done helston.and ithought h.p had his best game against us :yahoo:

Guest Helston Patriot

MY WORD CHILLAX MATE!!!! you had a joke, so did i.... and i'm the sensitive one!

anyway i'm off up the club to support the reserves when the hammer aggie 2nite!! hahaha

Thankyou TMM. Doesn't really matter as the result went against us AGAIN!!!!

Guest Bunhill

With regards to Skinner's ommision from the starting line-up didn't this have a lot to do with the fact that some of the players (and spectators) had to navigate two road crashes in mid-Cornwall (one very serious on the A30) on the way to a 6.15pm kick-off?

Absolutely gutted for Ross Pope, the guy has suffered some really bad luck this season, all the best to Ross on the road to recovery he deserves a change in fortune.

Certainly seems like some indifferent views on how the game went, Helston-Truro that is. Well sure the "new found Truro fans" saw the game in one light, the old Truro fans in another and the rest of us in another.

Fact is over 90 minutes you are not going to outplay any Trevor Mewton side, but you can put in more blood, sweet and balls......and thought we did, after two 4-1 lessons thats how Winno decided we could get a result. Seems there are a few within this site that find the idea of nearly beating or competing with Truro is as mad as the moon made of cheese!!!!

Get over yourselves!

Having played with Ross at Falmouth I know some of his bad luck... Nice guy and deserves a break.... excuse the pun. Speedy recovery Popey!!!! :thumbsup:

A few less high profile clubs have held truro to a draw by playing the same way harras and dont let them settle dont reall understand why other teams have not picked up on this and not made it a lot harder for truro this season.If you stand of them they will destroy you get in their faces and the outcome can be very differant.