EAST

Bridport            2-1       Bishops Lydeard             

WEST

Camelford        3-3            Bodmin Town

Launceston       0-7          Liskeard Athletic

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP, FIRST ROUND

Penzance           2-0            Wadebridge Town

BAYSIDE GRAPHICS DEVON ST LUKES CHALLENGE CUP

Ivybridge Town    2-2        Torquay United (Ivybridge win 4-3 on pens)

Newton Abbot Spurs    2-2          Torrington (NAS win -1 on pens)

Penzance 2-0 Wadebridge 

Not the outcome I expected going tonight.

Penzance very well drilled, worked their socks off, wanted every ball a bit more and had that little bit of class with the goals. 

Very disappointed with Wadebridge, I know what a good side they have been over the years, but tonight looked way off it. 

Fitchett and Massey with the goals for Pz. 

A couple times I've watched Penzance now and you can definitely see a much improved side that are working really hard off and on the ball.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 26 September 2023
1 hour ago, S Abbo said:

A couple times I've watched Penzance now and you can definitely see a much improved side that are working really hard off and on the ball.

Agree with you there and tonight all the hard work paid dividend! Team performance from Penzance and you can hear the thoughts of Director of Football Craig Nicholls on this Friday's Rappo & Deacs podcast episode. 👍

That game was in the Senior Cup but the league question has to be - can anyone stop Liskeard after another high-scoring victory tonight?

27 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Agree with you there and tonight all the hard work paid dividend! Team performance from Penzance and you can hear the thoughts of Director of Football Craig Nicholls on this Friday's Rappo & Deacs podcast episode. 👍

That game was in the Senior Cup but the league question has to be - can anyone stop Liskeard after another high-scoring victory tonight?

Liskeard a joy to watch always,  but racking up huge wins every week, this time by seven away from home, not the greatest advert for the league.

Much talk of how 'impressive' Neil Price is as manager - and I think he is - but another bottom four SWPL season looking very likely for Lanson. It would be interesting to see what Neil could do at a SWPL club with a budget and some ambition that gives him a chance of progress.

8 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Liskeard a joy to watch always,  but racking up huge wins every week, this time by seven away from home, not the greatest advert for the league.

Much talk of how 'impressive' Neil Price is as manager - and I think he is - but another bottom four SWPL season looking very likely for Lanson. It would be interesting to see what Neil could do at a SWPL club with a budget and some ambition that gives him a chance of progress.

Launceston’s fixture list for the start of the season has been difficult, but based upon the few results against teams around them and keeping the same manager, I firmly believe they’ll finish higher than bottom four, with the whole club in a better place.

10 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

That is a very interesting question. How would he react if another club with a significant budget (be it step 5 or 6) wanted to have a conversation with him? Wonder at what point the whole Launceston project of developing local youngsters, living sustainably and playing in the "right" way will start becoming frustrating if they're not actually winning matches.

There is no doubt that Liskeard have a good team that should do well in this league.
They have however failed in both the FA  Cup against Bridgewater from the Western League that they hope to join, and perhaps more significantly against Crediton from the Peninsula East league in the F.A. Vase.
In those two games Liskeard had 9 goals scored against them, and scored 5 which reminds me of a saying that my old boss had when discussing the teams goals for and against score  " no points gained in filling the bucket if it has a hole at the other end "
We have seen Liskeard on two occasions this season, and the opposition was walloped in both games, but they were poor to say the least and from the bottom end of the table, not teams where you could guage the quality of the winning side.
The season is a marathon not a sprint, lets wait a while to see who copes best with the trials of winter.