Bishop Sutton                 1-3        Wadebridge Town

Bitton                             1-2        Nailsea & Tickenham

Cheddar                         4-1        Torridgeside

Dobwalls                        3-1        St Blazey

Falmouth Town              6-0        Honiton Town

Oldland Abbotonians      0-3        Brislington

Saltash United                6-0        Radstock Town

Wellington                     0-3        Okehampton Argyle

Welton Rovers                Aban        Wells City (now Tuesday)

Went to Saltash United vs Radstock today - though Saltash looked really good, and whilst I recognise there's a division's difference between the two, this looked like a good, young side and I'm surprised at how badly they've started in the league.

Reece Thomson has come on so much over the past few seasons, and their young left back (someone said he's only 17?) was excellent. I also thought Kieran O'Melia on the wing looked good before he had to come off with a head injury. 6-0 winners, and truth be told, they could (should) have had three or four more. In Ewing and Thomson they look to have the makings of a good partnership up top.

20 minutes ago, GRTourist said:

Went to Saltash United vs Radstock today - though Saltash looked really good, and whilst I recognise there's a division's difference between the two, this looked like a good, young side and I'm surprised at how badly they've started in the league.

Reece Thomson has come on so much over the past few seasons, and their young left back (someone said he's only 17?) was excellent. I also thought Kieran O'Melia on the wing looked good before he had to come off with a head injury. 6-0 winners, and truth be told, they could (should) have had three or four more. In Ewing and Thomson they look to have the makings of a good partnership up top.

Reece is only 16 and 3/4 apparently, just really tall for his age. Will be 17 in a couple of months time 

2 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Reece is only 16 and 3/4 apparently, just really tall for his age. Will be 17 in a couple of months time 

Reece is bit older than that he's 23!

His brother Deacon is 16 and also signed on. 

The left back is Ethan Wright - what a talent at 16 he is. 

Fabulous team performance both Kieran O'Melia and Laurence Murray are talents as is Joe Preece , we've been so unlucky in several games but we knew when it clicked it would. 😀 

6 goals 6 different scorers. That'll do me 👍👍

I saw Ethan play for his u16 side back in April at Centre Mid and thought he was excellent. Among 2 others on the day who are already at Elburton & Blazey/Plymstock. Being a lefty he’ll naturally get shoehorned to left back or left mid while he gains experience but don’t be surprised to see him move inside in the future. 

Helston ruthless as expected today. Well done to Millbrook who kept battling. Definitely some talent in the Millbrook team, where hopefully the manager can pull in a few more experienced players. The young winger Sullivan making his debut played particularly well considering the circumstances. 
Helston top of the league and looking good so far. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 26 August 2023
  • Dave Deacon unpinned this topic