Mullion                 5-2      Truro City Reserves

WEDNESDAY 23 AUGUST 2023

SWPL

EAST

Ivybridge Town     1-1       Bovey Tracey

WEST

Bodmin Town         2-0     Sticker

Wadebridge Town     2-2      Newquay

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES/RESULTS - Midweek 22nd & 23rd August 2023
6 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Does Okey Argyle beating Buckland in the FA Cup count as a giant killing? Must have been quite the night in their first match under the new floodlights.

First time I've been there to a game there it was a cracking atmosphere & it didn't hear what the attendance was but it must have been over 400. Okehampton were worthy winners, they have a very good side there with multiple players who won the Western League with Willand and Robins who won it with Tavistock. I certainly left with the impression that they are a club on the up and you would imagine that they will fancy themselves against Highworth in the next round.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Midweek 22nd & 23rd August 2023
17 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

2-2 tonight feels like a loss for NQY. Much better team wadebridge 2 lucky goals. Lot of kick and hope from bridgers NQY played much better stuff. Point way from home not all bad but confident wen we meet at Mount wise.

Llyod back at Wadebridge 

I thought they had stopped dual signing ✍️???

Very enjoyable game at Wadebridge last night i only watched the 1st half and that was very entertaining and even ,Newquay had young Josh Evans playing last night i think he was at Truro Reserves last night and is my neighbour i thought he had a real good game but t i think Coen Briggs would of caused more problems to the Bridger .

Newquay went 1-0 up from a free kick centre of goal up steps the hammer boot of the brilliant Cam Turner and its a brilliant goal top corner beating the 4 man Wadebridge wall what a player Cam is but was dissapointed with him because he did not score with a later free kick .Newquay played some lovely football but Wadebridge where equal and scored a deserved equaliser by Sam Wickens but Newquay players where all appealing for offside never looked offside for me .

Both goalies on fine form and Wadebridge goalie brought off a brilliant save .

Was strange seeing Matt Lloyd back from Blazey but cant blame him he wasnt getting much game time at Blazey and Wadebridge is his home no place like home for Matt and he had a very good game with Jacob Rowe .

I left at half time due to issue with my eyes when everything is a blur and i cannot see the players clearly it was my time to head for home 2-2 final score Cam and Lowry scorers for Newquay for the Bridger Wickens and Bidgood 

I love going to Wadebridge ground lovely there .

Ok my Mom 1st Newquay no doubt about this Cam Turner and for the Bridger a young lad i have seen with Wadebridge for years was a skinn young lad mostly a sub now hes filled out and is a very good player and that young lad is Brad Rowe well done young man and thanks for getting the ball for me my old knee isnt up to running about anymore 

Also in the prediction league i should get some more points after predicting a 2-2 draw so i will be keeping a eye on that 

Ok onto this Saturday when Mullion play at Mt Wise should be a good game especiall after Mullions brilliant 5 -2 win vs Truro Reserves should be a cracker 

It was good to see Newquays Alex Cole there last night with the lads .

Heard last night Newquay have resigned Tom Shepherd for the Bridger and are hoping to sign ex player from Mousehole 

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

When did josh robins leave Buckland ?  Couldn’t have been at Buckland long.  
Buckland having a bit of difficult period with Danny Lewis quitting and result being pretty poor. 

He went to Buckland and then Bucks got Martindale after Saltash squad fell apart. The latter favoured by Dan Hart, hence Josh R moved on. He should be playing at a higher level than Step 6.

10 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Very enjoyable game at Wadebridge last night i only watched the 1st half and that was very entertaining and even ,Newquay had young Josh Evans playing last night i think he was at Truro Reserves last night and is my neighbour i thought he had a real good game but t i think Coen Briggs would of caused more problems to the Bridger .

Newquay went 1-0 up from a free kick centre of goal up steps the hammer boot of the brilliant Cam Turner and its a brilliant goal top corner beating the 4 man Wadebridge wall what a player Cam is but was dissapointed with him because he did not score with a later free kick .Newquay played some lovely football but Wadebridge where equal and scored a deserved equaliser by Sam Wickens but Newquay players where all appealing for offside never looked offside for me .

Both goalies on fine form and Wadebridge goalie brought off a brilliant save .

Was strange seeing Matt Lloyd back from Blazey but cant blame him he wasnt getting much game time at Blazey and Wadebridge is his home no place like home for Matt and he had a very good game with Jacob Rowe .

I left at half time due to issue with my eyes when everything is a blur and i cannot see the players clearly it was my time to head for home 2-2 final score Cam and Lowry scorers for Newquay for the Bridger Wickens and Bidgood 

I love going to Wadebridge ground lovely there .

Ok my Mom 1st Newquay no doubt about this Cam Turner and for the Bridger a young lad i have seen with Wadebridge for years was a skinn young lad mostly a sub now hes filled out and is a very good player and that young lad is Brad Rowe well done young man and thanks for getting the ball for me my old knee isnt up to running about anymore 

Also in the prediction league i should get some more points after predicting a 2-2 draw so i will be keeping a eye on that 

Ok onto this Saturday when Mullion play at Mt Wise should be a good game especiall after Mullions brilliant 5 -2 win vs Truro Reserves should be a cracker 

It was good to see Newquays Alex Cole there last night with the lads .

Heard last night Newquay have resigned Tom Shepherd for the Bridger and are hoping to sign ex player from Mousehole 

Heard same about Shepherd and Mconie comin back, cant see it because Mconie to good for swpl but his family involved at NQY so got big chance. Still fink NQY will win league but fink it will be close.