Looe Town v St. Minver

Nanpean Rovers v Foxhole Stars

St. Column Major v Kilkhampton

Division 1 (West)

Porthleven v St. Agnes

Praze v St. Day

Troon v Mawnan

St Columb Maj 4-3 Kilkhampton FT 

St Columb started off slow and Kilkhampton looked very lively going forward. St Columb then took control of the game and went 4-1 up with 20 mins left. But fair play to Kilkhampton and their young side who never gave up and pulled 2 goals back near the end, sadly for them it was a little too late. Good game of football this afternoon at the rec

👍

Praze 5-0 st day 2s

started off with a penalty in the first minute and from them never looked like taking our foot off the gas. The score could’ve been double figures today if we converted all of our chances. Credit to St day, they never stopped running.

Scott Gilbert the referee very good today, read the game very well and let the game flow 👌

2 from 2, first clean sheet of the season and 11 goals in the process. Onto the next game 🔰

Saltash Borough 1-0 Torpoint Ath

Torpoint scorers: N/A

Shots on goal: 1MILLION

Another bad result on paper. A stronger squad available from previous games with a tough trip to the league champions. Started quite brightly and with a spine that included Boyle, Robertson, Pacey and Westall I’d expect that. The biggest chance of the half was a decent clipped diag into Taylor inside the box who smashed the bouncing ball too close to the keeper whose reflexes were quick enough to tip the strong effort out for a corner. On 25mins we received a red card for Rothwell for a tackle you see 2-3 times a game and a run of the mill yellow card. Never a red but hey ho. With 10 men for 65+ we still maintained our foothold in the game and continued to keep the ball as defence and midfield hadn’t changed. Westall and Taylor in a more narrow 2 worked their socks off, but any time we broke into the Borough third we were too inpatient and shooting from low % areas rather than work it closer. This was half down to having less width with the man disadvantage and half bad decisions dreaming of that Hollywood goal. Something to discuss and work on. 
2nd half was much of the same but we began to tire. Westall, Taylor and Payn in particular continued to probe, but again shots from 20yds+ in crowded areas aren’t going to get you points. The best chance of the 2nd half did fall inside the box with a low ball in from the left finding the introduced Small 4yds out but with the ball behind him, was unable to gather and tuck it away before it was cleared to safety. Late in the game Borough did begin to break on us more and more and what I believe to be their only shot on target was a good one, tucked into the bottom corner clipping the post on the way in around the 85th minute. Heartbreaking as I don’t think we deserved another loss for the lads’ efforts. 
10 days now before our next game with the other derby for us away at Millbrook. Always the first one you look for when the fixtures come out. Looking forward to it. 

Doms 7 St Austell 1

Our best footballing display of the season to date resulted in a comfortable win on a nice summer afternoon. We missed three good chances in the early stages to go ahead before Kieran Ryall gave us the lead, the ball taking a deflection, crossing the line before it was cleared. The visitors best chance of the half followed on the break but the shot was smothered by Jamie Blatchford in the Doms goal. Alex Jacob gave us a two goal advantage to open his scoring account for the season after being picked out by a superb pass from Callum Brown and thats how it remained at the break.

Within 90 seconds of the restart, Jacob was able to hammer home his second of the day from 12 yards out. The fourth came again from some good play and Brown picked out a pin point cross to find the head of John Styring. Matthew Newton came close to his first Doms goal but his effort rebounded off the post, similarly Harvey Barrett almost opened his account for the season but found the woodwork. Man of the match Kane Thomas then scored the fifth, cutting on to his left foot before finishing in to the far corner for a deserved goal. There was still time for two more goals, both coming from crosses. Francis Roy-Pengelly off his four mid week goals got on the score sheet before Ryall got on the end of another dangerous Thomas ball to complete his brace and the scoring.

Many thanks to yesterdays match sponsor Lanhargy Stud Dogs and Training Services. 

4 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Saltash Borough 1-0 Torpoint Ath

Torpoint scorers: N/A

Shots on goal: 1MILLION

Another bad result on paper. A stronger squad available from previous games with a tough trip to the league champions. Started quite brightly and with a spine that included Boyle, Robertson, Pacey and Westall I’d expect that. The biggest chance of the half was a decent clipped diag into Taylor inside the box who smashed the bouncing ball too close to the keeper whose reflexes were quick enough to tip the strong effort out for a corner. On 25mins we received a red card for Rothwell for a tackle you see 2-3 times a game and a run of the mill yellow card. Never a red but hey ho. With 10 men for 65+ we still maintained our foothold in the game and continued to keep the ball as defence and midfield hadn’t changed. Westall and Taylor in a more narrow 2 worked their socks off, but any time we broke into the Borough third we were too inpatient and shooting from low % areas rather than work it closer. This was half down to having less width with the man disadvantage and half bad decisions dreaming of that Hollywood goal. Something to discuss and work on. 
2nd half was much of the same but we began to tire. Westall, Taylor and Payn in particular continued to probe, but again shots from 20yds+ in crowded areas aren’t going to get you points. The best chance of the 2nd half did fall inside the box with a low ball in from the left finding the introduced Small 4yds out but with the ball behind him, was unable to gather and tuck it away before it was cleared to safety. Late in the game Borough did begin to break on us more and more and what I believe to be their only shot on target was a good one, tucked into the bottom corner clipping the post on the way in around the 85th minute. Heartbreaking as I don’t think we deserved another loss for the lads’ efforts. 
10 days now before our next game with the other derby for us away at Millbrook. Always the first one you look for when the fixtures come out. Looking forward to it. 

Pretty accurate report in the main - I said it yesterday that you didn't deserve to lose as you were much better than us all over the pitch (although we did have more than one shot on target).

Normally I wouldn't comment but I need to as I feel quite strongly about these types of tackles.

It was a horrendous tackle off the ground and more than deserved a red card - I've seen it back on video from a supporter and it wasn't pretty at all. If that's your definition of a 'run of the mill tackle you'd better be prepared to play a lot of games with just 10 men.

I get that we all have different opinions on decisions but sometimes you've got to hold your hands up and take responsibility. My lad has the marks from that one but If his leg had been planted he'd be in hospital now - everyone needs to remember that this is grassroots, they have work on Monday and us as managers need to also make sure we don't just accept our players making challenges like that - my lot will tell you that I don't. 

Apart from that, I thought you were an excellent footballing side and as I've also said this season I expect you to be up there come the end despite your start to the season so good luck and we'll see you for the return.

4 hours ago, Carharrack Crusader said:

Dominant display from St Day down Clijah yesterday. St Day have a really good side this season and have a squad To win the league and promotion. Playing the right way too.

Saw them play Newquay and they impressed me, flagging in the last 20 minutes before starting to argue. Some very good players recruited from SWPL for good money I would think. Have to be amongst favourites and go one better than last season.

1 hour ago, Kvmccan said:

Pretty accurate report in the main - I said it yesterday that you didn't deserve to lose as you were much better than us all over the pitch (although we did have more than one shot on target).

Normally I wouldn't comment but I need to as I feel quite strongly about these types of tackles.

It was a horrendous tackle off the ground and more than deserved a red card - I've seen it back on video from a supporter and it wasn't pretty at all. If that's your definition of a 'run of the mill tackle you'd better be prepared to play a lot of games with just 10 men.

I get that we all have different opinions on decisions but sometimes you've got to hold your hands up and take responsibility. My lad has the marks from that one but If his leg had been planted he'd be in hospital now - everyone needs to remember that this is grassroots, they have work on Monday and us as managers need to also make sure we don't just accept our players making challenges like that - my lot will tell you that I don't. 

Apart from that, I thought you were an excellent footballing side and as I've also said this season I expect you to be up there come the end despite your start to the season so good luck and we'll see you for the return.

Replied on the other thread 👍🏻

Saturday 19th August 2023

Nanpean 3 (Trudgeon 41, 78 pen, 85) Foxhole 3 (Damerell 54, Kilbey 61, Peers 81)

Despite scoring six goals in their opening two games, the Foxes remain winless as the home team exposed more defensive frailties. Rather like last week, the opposition found it worryingly straightforward to threaten, Foxhole seemingly unable to replicate the fundamental tactic successfully deployed by both Liskeard and now Nanpean of denying space in the final third by getting vast numbers behind the ball. That is to take nothing away from the ruthless Trudgeon, whose hat-trick with his only three efforts was in stark contrast to the numerous squandered opportunities at the other end, although both Bould and Rowe were unfortunate to see thunderbolts cannon off the bar, while Harbone brillantly denied Kilbey from distance. 

Having survived an early onslaught with their goal intact, Nanpean grew into the game. The willing Oldham, in particular, looked dangerous, his bustling approach soon creating the opening for Wilshaw to also strike the bar of an unguarded net from forty yards with Prynn stranded. Just before the break, Trudgeon smashed his first into the top corner from the angle of the box, but Damerell levelled nine minutes into the second half when he turned home Kilbey's low centre from six yards. It all seemed to be going to plan when Rowe released Kilbey to finish with aplomb, but Foxhole were unable to extend their advantage, all too often their final ball either being over-hit or comfortably cut out by the omnipresent Bonney. Perhaps inevitably, Oldham raced clear only to be upended by Rickard for Trudgeon to despatch the penalty, but Peers almost immediately made it 3-2, coolly converting after Dingle's cross had only been half cleared. That really should have been that, shop closed, shutters down, till takings counted, floor swept. Instead Brown was yet again able to release Oldham, whose run this time was cut short by Prynn, who joined his captain in the book. Trudgeon's free-kick somehow crept through the wall, but a draw was probably about right. 

Foxhole (4-3-3): James Prynn; Tim Peers, Luke Damerell, Lee Rickard, Angel Coates; Aaron Beresford, Levi Kerrigan, Nathan Allen; Benno Bould, Chris Kilbey, Courtney Rowe. Subs: Jake Couch, Zach Smith-Brokenshire, Cameron Bidgood, Jowan Dingle.

Nanpean (4-3-3): Alfie Harbone; Sam Truscott, Ryan Best, Luke Truscott, Ashley Bonney; Luke Turner, Scott Brown, Martyn O'Callaghan; Tyler Trudgeon, Harry Wilshaw, Callum Oldham. Subs: Gareth Geach, Chris Whitford.

Well played the super Foxes. Good luck to Nanpean. Many thanks to Dan Bennetts and Ciaran Igoe.

Red Utd 1 StDay 4

Went to Clijah for Saints first game of the season . 
Have to say grass was a foot high tactically to stop Saints playing any football , I won’t mention Phil ( Redruth Utd manager) telling me why 🤣🤣

In terms of the game Saints totally dominated the first 45 mins openly scoring 4 goals a hatrick for Dan Richards one for Gavin Boon pretty decent strikes as well.

Second half was a totally different encounter with Utd trying to press more & the management trio of StDay making a few substitutions to give everyone a run out.

To be fair a solid 5 minutes display for Utd got them there goal & deservedly so.

St Day second half though missed an open goal & so many one on ones & half chances they could have had quite a few yet lost that half .

Decent first half display on a ridiculously long pitch in terms of grass but a warranted 3 pts on the board for Saints .

Unsure of attendance because I never counted 🤣

North Petherwin 6 vs 1 St Mawgan

Petherwin  Scorers: Reeve 47; Sanders  49, 50;  Shadrick 76, 90; Mcginnes 80

Attendance: 45

Back in action after a week off. We started well in keeping the ball but the intensity we spoke about just wasn't there in the 1st half and in an even first half it was St Mawgan who had the better of the chances and really should have gone into the break in front after Tom Coles making a good 1v1  save which fell to to a St Mawgan player in the box who could only hit the post with an empty net in front of him. St Mawgans number 5 and their best player on the day was dangerous stepping out of defence, creating that extra man and carrying the ball and we didn't get to grips with him enough.

A good HT team discussion on what was not working and with a slight tweak to the formation we started the 2H with the intensity we needed and went 3-0 up in the first 5 minutes of the half. Within 2mins of the restart Skipper and MOTM Joe Reeve latched onto a through ball to coolly round the keeper and slot home. Sanders then added a brace, his first from a delightful deep cross from the right by Pennington which Sanders volleyed home. Straight from the kickoff we won the ball back and Sanders raced clear and showed calmness to dink the on rushing keeper to make it 3-0.

From here we then utilized the young bench and it was great to see all making an impact. Shadrick on his competitive debut got the 4th on the 76th Minute after some neat play his shot was deflected in off the defender. 5 mins later it was Mcginnes turn to get in on the act on his debut which was the pick of the goals and a great team goal, starting from playing out the back finished off by some tidy link up play between the two youngsters Rowland and Mcginnes, with rowland finding Mcginnes to slot home from a nice through ball. In the 90th Minute we added a 6th as Reeve cut in from the left and passed across the 6 yard box for Shadrick to add his 2nd of the game at the back post.

St Mawgan did get a consolation goal in added time which was our own doing with some lackluster play at the back  and was disappointing to concede in a 2H we dominated.

Was great to get our first 3 points playing at this level and we look forward to hosting Gunnislake this Saturday

Up the Badgers