EAST

Crediton United  1-2    Brixham

WEST

Callington Town   1-1   Dobwalls

TUESDAY April 18

EAST

Elburton Villa      2-1      Plymouth Marjon

Elmore   3-3             Dartmouth         

WALTER C PARSON CUP, semi-final  (at Newton Abbot)

Axminster Town   1-1    Okehampton Argyle 

(after extra time, Okehampton win 4-1 on penalties)

WEDNESDAY April 19

EAST

Bovey Tracey       4-0      Bridport

Cullompton Rangers  0-2       Brixham

Ivybridge Town    1-0       Honiton Town

Sidmouth Town   3-1       Torridgeside

WEST     

Bude Town           3-2      Callington Town

St Blazey              3-2      Sticker

St Dennis             0-3      Launceston

THURSDAY April 20

EAST

Elmore   3-4        Teignmouth

FRIDAY April 21

EAST

19:30    

Elburton Villa      v       Torridgeside       

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Evening matches & RESULTS - Monday 17th to Friday 21st April 2023
4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Bude 3-2 Callington

Callington only had the 10 men but looked the much sharper side going forward. They took the lead through some good forward play from the callington number 9 who fed their winger to finish from an angle. After some constant pressure Bude managed to level the game with a lovely finish from Tornado Bello. Callington then picked up from where they started with Callingtons number 9 causing real problems for the Bude back 4 and created a glorious chance which he wasted. On the stroke of half-time Cally took the lead with a great finish from a tough angle, the striker making amends for his earlier chance.

Bude must have had a real dressing down at half time and come out second half much sharper and got their early goal they were looking for, again through Tornado Bello with a shot that spilled through the keeper. Callington continued to work hard and chances were still being created by the front 3 but all their hard work could not contain a towering header from Dave Youldon which nestled into the top corner which settled this fixture.

Good game, excellent performance from the 10 men of Cally but the test proved slightly too big.

Managed to get along to this one. Fair play to Callington. I didn’t realise they were a man short until late into the game. They were certainly a match for Bude for the most part. In saying that, some wild finishing from Bude in front of goal in the first half was rather fortunate for Callington. 
A lovely header to clinch the points for Bude in the end though. 
A good competitive match to end the season at home for Bude. 

14 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Bude 3-2 Callington

Callington only had the 10 men but looked the much sharper side going forward. They took the lead through some good forward play from the callington number 9 who fed their winger to finish from an angle. After some constant pressure Bude managed to level the game with a lovely finish from Tornado Bello. Callington then picked up from where they started with Callingtons number 9 causing real problems for the Bude back 4 and created a glorious chance which he wasted. On the stroke of half-time Cally took the lead with a great finish from a tough angle, the striker making amends for his earlier chance.

Bude must have had a real dressing down at half time and come out second half much sharper and got their early goal they were looking for, again through Tornado Bello with a shot that spilled through the keeper. Callington continued to work hard and chances were still being created by the front 3 but all their hard work could not contain a towering header from Dave Youldon which nestled into the top corner which settled this fixture.

Good game, excellent performance from the 10 men of Cally but the test proved slightly too big.

How are any Team at this level turning up with 10 men??

Do they have a second team they could choose from??

Do they have an Under 16/18 side maybe they could choose from.

Worrying times ahead for this club.

12 hours ago, teflon123 said:

they have been struggling for a full squad for around a month, most matches they have maybe 1 or 2 subs if they are lucky , the turn around of players there is large, no settled management or guidance, its needs a big shake up there, the reserves have  been struggling to raise players in the st piran and failed to travel to  a few games, as for youth set up  the town has Callington colts  a very good set up , but is nothing to do with Callington town, which should change, also my nephew plays for a very good  Callington college under 16s , and the school does turn out good footballers, but they tend to got to other teams,  with being in the college grounds  you think there would be more communication and development with local youth, and would attract local interest ,

26 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

they have been struggling for a full squad for around a month, most matches they have maybe 1 or 2 subs if they are lucky , the turn around of players there is large, no settled management or guidance, its needs a big shake up there, the reserves have  been struggling to raise players in the st piran and failed to travel to  a few games, as for youth set up  the town has Callington colts  a very good set up , but is nothing to do with Callington town, which should change, also my nephew plays for a very good  Callington college under 16s , and the school does turn out good footballers, but they tend to got to other teams,  with being in the college grounds  you think there would be more communication and development with local youth, and would attract local interest ,

We lost Porthleven from the Peninsula League in 2021/22 and Godolphin disbanded completely in 2022/23. Does anybody else fear that Callington could be next?

13 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Only takes someone driving 3/4 other players to break down en route to the game then their stuffed

It'd be a shame if it did happen as it'd damage a well establish St Piran side but the entire St Dominic side would be more than capable of stepping up to the Peninsula League. 

They withdrew their promotion application (I assume because of ground grading requirements) but really do deserve to play a higher standard.

I know who I'd put my money on if Callington were to play St Dominic.

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

It'd be a shame if it did happen as it'd damage a well establish St Piran side but the entire St Dominic side would be more than capable of stepping up to the Peninsula League. 

They withdrew their promotion application (I assume because of ground grading requirements) but really do deserve to play a higher standard.

I know who I'd put my money on if Callington were to play St Dominic.

It's looking more likely that it'll be the Gunnislake management taking over at Callington next season, with the possibility of the current manager staying on. 

Maybe they've got plans to bring in a few of the St Dom's team as I'm not sure there's too many from Gunni capable of stepping up. 

How can a team like Callington be struggling they have been the best side i have seen play here at Mt Wise vs Newquay they gave Newquay a real hammering 5-2 and the 2 front players Maund and Kenny Newquay couldnt cope with those 2 .Hope Callington do carry on because they are a excellent side with young and old and Kev Kendal is a excellent player and manager .

Hope to see you again at Newquay again next season but go easy on them this time 

All the best for whatever the future holds for you 

I arrived just as Callington opened the scoring on Weds and they were well in the ascendancy at the time. I’d noted that they had no bench, but having played Sat, Mon, Weds thought fair enough they may be carrying a few knocks etc. As Jam Tart said, it took me till the end of the game and not before overhearing somebody say they only had 10 on the pitch to actually notice and count. They were certainly well worth a draw. 

I don’t know much about the club, where their players are from or what interaction there is between their sides, but if their current manager is staying on, there was a decent core there that with a couple of additions could make a reasonable step 6 side, so on that showing maybe no need to panic just yet. Again, as suggested above,  Callington Colts and Kelliwik are two large youth setups in the area for their reserves to tap into, however I’ve often wondered whether clubs having a 1st team in SWPL and a reserves in St Piran makes it too high a level to blood youngsters? Would a second team at ECPL level be more sustainable and hence not require two squads of St Piran standard players to be able to put two sides out and be competitive. The bottom 5/6 in SPE would suggest so (Torpoint and Saltash the exception with 3rd/4th teams to feed the Res).

Callington one of them teams over the last few years that just seen to have a team full of Plymouth players that follow a manager around and when he packs it in they all disappear as well. at this level you shouldn’t  be playing with 10 men and players dragged In from other clubs to help out as you got no squad.you  See that Sunday morning football. 
Another club that needs a massive restructuring