Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday 20 December 2022

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

(19:45)

Hanwell Town                            v        Harrow Borough

Hayes & Yeading United           v        Yate Town

Poole Town                                v        Truro City

Weston-super-Mare                    v        Hendon

Another tough away game for Truro. They'll want to bounce back from the defeat at Dorchester yesterday. Looking forward to seeing how Parkway do away at Barnet too!

On 18/12/2022 at 19:23, Jengles Judgements said:

Another tough away game for Truro. They'll want to bounce back from the defeat at Dorchester yesterday. Looking forward to seeing how Parkway do away at Barnet too!

Game off at Poole. We have moved effortlessly from frozen to waterlogged pitches. 

The ground staff at Bolitho Park must have the pitch in intensive care (and eyeing the weather forecast nervously), ahead of the expected 1,000 plus gate for Parkway v Truro on Boxing Day. 

Barnet 1 Parkway 0

Heartbreak for Parkway as they were finally beaten with a goal in the 92nd minute. Very much a resilient, backs to the wall display against their high flying, step 1 opponents.  Despite having something like 80 % of the possession, and putting plenty of balls into the box, a co.bination of disciplined and quality defending, confident goalkeeping and yes, some wasteful finishing, meant that Parkway almost took it to penalties.  Indeed, they might still have done this, with Rio Garside drawing a flying save from the home keeper withalmost the last kick of the game. 

Parkway can take plenty from this game, but are now free to concentrate on getting away from the wrong end of the league table.

1 hour ago, Devils@Dusk said:

On City's Twitter page, it says that the game was called off due to waterlogged pitch, then it says:

"(Subject to league ratification)"

I've never seen that before on a postponed fixture. I think I know what it means, but could anyone confirm it, please?

Reading the statement it seems Poole sent a video to the league on Monday  of the pitch waterlogged suggesting it had no chance of being playable by Tuesday evening asking them for a postponement 

All  seems a bit odd really. Thought that was A ref job on the day. 

10 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Barnet 1 Parkway 0

Heartbreak for Parkway as they were finally beaten with a goal in the 92nd minute. Very much a resilient, backs to the wall display against their high flying, step 1 opponents.  Despite having something like 80 % of the possession, and putting plenty of balls into the box, a co.bination of disciplined and quality defending, confident goalkeeping and yes, some wasteful finishing, meant that Parkway almost took it to penalties.  Indeed, they might still have done this, with Rio Garside drawing a flying save from the home keeper withalmost the last kick of the game. 

Parkway can take plenty from this game, but are now free to concentrate on getting away from the wrong end of the league table.

Don’t recon parkway will be too disappointed they gone out when they reflect on it on the way back home.  Massive amount of games to play still. 

9 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Reading the statement it seems Poole sent a video to the league on Monday  of the pitch waterlogged suggesting it had no chance of being playable by Tuesday evening asking them for a postponement 

All  seems a bit odd really. Thought that was A ref job on the day. 

Don’t see what’s odd! Poole know their pitch better than any referee.

11 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

I drove into Truro this evening for the Christmas shopping with the grandkids and saw that the stadium is being built now. or am I wrong? Construction work going on right behind where the signs saying stadium coming here 

Fast forward 12 months, and will Truro City be preparing for festive football matches at their own ground? Hope so.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 20 December 2022
On 21/12/2022 at 15:23, sportsman10 said:

But what to stop a club who are missing players  Chuck a hose on a certain area of the pitch video it and send it off saying it needs to be postponed?? Surly a ref on the day needs a final say ?? 

Would a club at Step 3 really lower themselves to do such a thing as you suggest? Really!

On 20/12/2022 at 13:19, Way Of The Park said:

Game off at Poole. We have moved effortlessly from frozen to waterlogged pitches. 

The ground staff at Bolitho Park must have the pitch in intensive care (and eyeing the weather forecast nervously), ahead of the expected 1,000 plus gate for Parkway v Truro on Boxing Day. 

As it stands, you'd expect that pitch to be looking in a reasonably good condition, ahead of the game on Boxing Day. I'm sure it'll be a cracking game!

On 20/12/2022 at 22:13, Way Of The Park said:

Barnet 1 Parkway 0

Certainly can't knock Parkway for this result. On the subject of the league though, surely they are too good to go back down to Division One South? I personally can't see it happening!

On 21/12/2022 at 22:40, BrummyBarry said:

I drove into Truro this evening for the Christmas shopping with the grandkids and saw that the stadium is being built now. or am I wrong? Construction work going on right behind where the signs saying stadium coming here 

Are we sure it's the stadium being built though? Granted I haven't been up that way in a while, but don't want to get hopes up unnecessarily!

On 22/12/2022 at 10:32, Way Of The Park said:

Fast forward 12 months, and will Truro City be preparing for festive football matches at their own ground? Hope so.

Oh I certainly hope so too! 🤞