Cornwall Football Forum

Junior League Merger

Guest Dermot

If this happens has anyone got any ideas for the name of the new League ? Heres my suggestion to get the ball rolling folks. ;0) :smiley20:

Kernow League as opposed to the Duchy League. :c:

I think that Fal/Helston want to chalk up 100 years first.. which is in a couple of years time....

this should give both leagues time to sort out the format for the new league..

The mining league have sent out an outline plan for clubs to look at ,. which seems straight forward enough..

They have to sort out officers for the new league, and of course the cups.. but i don't think anything will lhappen for at least 2 /3 years..

Guest postman pat

rhonnda it is 50years not a hundred like the mining league celebrated.also gerald sobey will have served 50years as a secretary of the league.these facts were stated at the agm.the committee put it to the clubs that it would be nice to reach both milestones and obviousely the clubs were in agreement.

i know that this is holding back progress but also agree that we should not ignore local history.we have waited a long time for these changes so 2 more years should not make a big difference.the big bonus about waiting 2 years is the fact that any problems that may occur around the merger can be thought out without rushing into silly agreements,and any problems the swp league may have in their first 2 years can be highlighted to make the transition smoother.exciting times ahead for junior football in west cornwall :c: :thumbsup:

oh contrare young man the last four of the junior cup was portreath, mawnan, truro city, and st keverne which makes it 3-1 to the fal helston, portreath won the final but there isnt many other teams in the mining capable of even getting there

this is a good idea ,

but will the mining league teams be good enough to merge with fal/hel leagues

There's absolutely nothing between the teams in either league mate. Top of FHL 1 is at the same level as mining 1, middle of mining 1 is the same as the middle of FHL 1 and so on and so on.

showers and changing facilities need to be improved in a lot of mining league sides!!!

I would have to agree with St Darren on this one. Changing facilites and grounds from my experience seem to be the factor that slightly distinguishes FHFL to Mining League clubs. However, like everything, things improve over time.

:c:

I totally disagree with the comment on grounds and changing facilities i've been to some right cow fields with no showers in both leagues so really they are as bad as each other. In fact heres one for the stattos out there in the two respective top leagues how many reserve sides play on their senior teams pitch I have

Mining 1

Illogan

st just

st ives

Fal/Helston 1

Holmans

helston

mousehole

st agnes

st day

Guest postman pat

how many times will we have this arguement.just look at liverpool they always do well in the championsleague.when was the last time they won the premiership :D:lol::yahoo:

my point is some teams do better in cup competitions than they do in the league.we will never know until these teams play each other week in week out. after 2 or 3 years then you can say who is the strongest if!! all the players play for the same teams.because we all know the glory hunters will change clubs more times than traffic lights.so we may never be able to answer this arguement for sure :P:P :c:

I believe clubs in the Falmouth-Helston League were given information packs but I'm not sure.

Correct, the information packs went out a couple of weeks ago to all FHL and Mining League Secretaries outlining the proposed merger of the leagues. I'd scan the pack but it's somewhere deep down in my "to read" pile! Basically the top third of will move up a division, the middle third will stay where they are and the bottom third will drop to the division below (there are a few differences here but you get the idea) . Predicted amount of teams in each division will be between 14 and 16. Divisions will include a premier division through to a 6th division. As of yet there is no name for the new proposed merged league but no doubt it will be something that will be decided at the relevant AGM.

In my opinion the biggest difference in the two leagues are that in the Fal/Hel league Div 1 you have a hard game EVERY week regardless who you are playing. in the mining Div 1 you have a hard game then 6 easy ones then another hard game. If at the end of the season Fal/Hel league winners played the mining league winners then the runners up played each other and so on. After the top 5 or 6 that could go either way the lower positions would be won by the fal/hel league sides. St Darren I agree with you on the facilities though.

Guest omerta

sorry to disappoint you deano_but the urban spaceman is certainly not me_i dont take offence that ur trying to attribute his comments to me(i believe im not the first youve accused) but me and topcat have noticed something very familiar in your avatars!!!!!.lets hope it doesnt turn out to be you as hes had some detrimental comments on fellow forum members i dont want myself attributed to. i expect an apology to be forthcoming from yourself please

In my opinion the biggest difference in the two leagues are that in the Fal/Hel league Div 1 you have a hard game EVERY week regardless who you are playing. in the mining Div 1 you have a hard game then 6 easy ones then another hard game. If at the end of the season Fal/Hel league winners played the mining league winners then the runners up played each other and so on. After the top 5 or 6 that could go either way the lower positions would be won by the fal/hel league sides.

Dont agree with that at all. The mining league div1 has been dominated by Portreath this season but its been a pretty even league otherwise. Anyone can (and has beaten) everyone. Next season should be even more interesting with Portreath looking likely to go Combo.

Dont know why Fal/Helston is considered the better standard personally because what ive seen over the years theres no difference. :c:

I can say it isnt me with clear head, do apoligise penty I was meant to put perrin at the time as when we asked him bout it weekend he looked very spooked out and wudnt say it wasnt him, ignore that most it was meant to say perrin sorry bud,geach i fort we had sorted this you know it isnt me

anyway agree with top cat on this one everyweek is very hard in fhfl 1 and mining one not quite the same amount of standard of teams

do we think this is a gud idea ?

showers and changing facilities need to be improved in a lot of mining league sides!!!

This is one of the reasons why the league doesn't get the same respect as FHL in my opinion

I'M A CLEAN LIVING MINING LEAGUE PLAYER WHO HAS (TO MY KNOWLEDGE) HAD A SHOWER AFTER EVERY GAME THIS SEASON!

Ok TMS don't have the best facilities but if you take some shower gel these is still running water and they are always very sporting after a game, which softens the blow.

We (Storm) played Helston in the junior cup away and took them to a reply, a game they won 4-3 and if you ask me that is not a mauling by any means. In fact I'm sure they would compliment our talents and our pitch, changing facilities etc. We currently sit 9th in our league after not performing well early in the season. So in response to whoever said the lower teams in FHL are better than Mining, I disagree!

In my opinion the biggest difference in the two leagues are that in the Fal/Hel league Div 1 you have a hard game EVERY week regardless who you are playing. in the mining Div 1 you have a hard game then 6 easy ones then another hard game. If at the end of the season Fal/Hel league winners played the mining league winners then the runners up played each other and so on. After the top 5 or 6 that could go either way the lower positions would be won by the fal/hel league sides. St Darren I agree with you on the facilities though.

So why don't all the managers/secretaries get together and make this happen? They can be classed as friendlies and would not have to be fixtured games, but play them as important matches and they may become fixtured in future. If this works the format could then be carried over into the new league vs Duchy league and save any arguements there too.

Fatso, in Div 1 then I'd expect the majority of teams do have shower facilities. Last season though, Portreath didn't when they were playing at Raymond Road! (don't think there were showers there)

In div 2 and 3 though, the standards are pretty poor. Our third team play at Chivvy and the facilities we have up there meant we had to go into Mining League cos FHL would never have let regular games be played there

Fatso, in Div 1 then I'd expect the majority of teams do have shower facilities. Last season though, Portreath didn't when they were playing at Raymond Road! (don't think there were showers there)

In div 2 and 3 though, the standards are pretty poor. Our third team play at Chivvy and the facilities we have up there meant we had to go into Mining League cos FHL would never have let regular games be played there

you may have a point there St Darren when it comes to facilities in mining 2 and 3 . in mining one however its not the majority its every team that have showers . portreath only used raymond road last season for a few weeks while relocating . getting back to the standard of the leagues i actually think about five seasons ago there was a better standard of teams overall in fal/hel one but not anymore . mining one is at least on par with fal/hel one . and as for saying you only get one hard game in six weeks a couple of weeks back goonhavern who are bottom beat threemilestone who are top . no easy games in mining one

Fair comment on div2&3 but I have only ever played against a couple of teams in those leagues coming back from injuries. I didn't realise some teams did not have showers.

As Sammo Says Portreath only had that issue for a few weeks, there are loads of showers to choose from where they play now! Every Div1 side has showers, some better than combo teams have.

Guest Matt Titan

I've played in both the div 3 leagues in the last couple of years and the only difference i noticed betwen the two is that minning 3 has more council owned pitches (there for less club houses). As for the lack of showers in mining 3 i can't remember a single game this year that we (Titans FC) haven't been able to shower after. Maron, Crown Inn Glory and Threemilestone are the only grounds that i haven't been to yet but i think they all have them. One ground only had one shower but thats no different to a club in fl 3. I think a few years ago there was a differnce but for me the gap has closed. Portreath and Praze have both made the junior cup final in the last two years so that must go some way to proveing that minning league teams can compete with fh teams. Im looking forward to the merger. At least that way we can find out which league is best.

sammo66 with regards to your comment about goonhavern winning against tms A blind squiral will occasionally find a nut.............

you are correct there iamthebest but this squirel found two nuts because goonhavern have taken four points against tms this season . my point is people seem to think there are easy games in mining one i disagree

sammo66 with regards to your comment about goonhavern winning against tms A blind squiral will occasionally find a nut.............

you are correct there iamthebest but this squirel found two nuts because goonhavern have taken four points against tms this season . my point is people seem to think there are easy games in mining one i disagree

All depends upon which club you represent?. Portreath may well have several easy games this season BUT ask Holmans, Gulval or any other team flirting with relegation if they've had a single easy game this season?. Anyway, I thought there was no such thing as an easy game??.