Cornwall Football Forum

Junior League Merger

Firstly, check out your own advice, unless of course you are, unwisely, making threats??

Secondly, I object to that one four-letter word. Why? Because as has been mentioned before; youngsters read this forum. Oh too true, they may have heard the word in the school playground; many times over but is it up to you to remind them of it? Are you a parent? If you are; I suggest you would not allow a stranger to use the word in the presence of your own children. If you are not, when you are, if you're a half decent parent; you will not allow a stranger to use the word in front of your children. If I am wrong, you are exactly what I believe you might be; misguided!

Thirdly: I'm happy to let this lay if you are, otherwise; please continue.

Lastly, congratulations on your achievements in sport.

My eldest couldn't stand football when he a tacker. Now he has his own club. weird or what?

That pic' of me at wembley was taken at the vase final last May. It was special cos my boy travelled up from Bodmin and we had the day together at Wembley.

All full explanation has now been given at:

The Packet © Sport Section

New league step nearer

By Leon Prynn

THE ongoing talks about the proposed merger of the Whirlwind Sports Falmouth-Helston League and the One and All Sports Mining League have now taken another step forward.

After a number of meetings between the two leagues, clubs have now been circulated with a joint discussion/working document of the expected make-up of the league and the date for the merger.

It is now down to the clubs to talk it over and either agree or disagree with what has been proposed or make their own observations.

In effect, if it happens then junior football in Cornwall would be governed by one league in the east and one league in the west.

The date for the proposed merger of the leagues has been set for 2011-2012 because the Falmouth-Helston League reaches its 50th anniversary the season before, 2010-2011, and it is something the league officials would like to fulfil.

The final tables during that season would be the one on which the formation of the new divisions would be based.

Both leagues are presently geared to having 48 teams in their three divisions and as a result the working party has suggested that in the new league there be seven divisions with 14 teams in each division.

When, and if the league is up and running, it is proposed that a maximum of two from the three teams finishing at the top of the premier division would be able to apply for promotion to the Jolly's Combination League (with that league's agreement) and on condition that their facilities meet the necessary senior standards. Teams would be relegated from the Jolly's Combination League to replace the promoted clubs.

Promotion throughout the rest of the league would be on a two-up two-down basis. The relegation of a team into a division where a club already has a team would in effect mean additional relegation for its other team.

It is also proposed that each division would have its own cup competition, but in addition there would be two separate cup tournaments covering all the divisions for first teams and reserve teams. That would currently be equated to the Percy Stephens Cup in the Falmouth-Helston League and the Dunn Cup in the Mining League.

It was suggested that all league council officials in office at the time of the merger should be allowed to be part of the new league. None should be lost.

One of the major and most interesting decisions to be taken will be the name for the new league and ideas will be invited from everyone involved in the two leagues, both from officials and from clubs.

The proposed make up of the divisions for the merger is currently - Premier div: Top seven teams from each league.

Div. I: Bottom seven teams from each division I.

Div. II: Bottom two teams of each division one plus top five teams from each division II.

Div. III: Seven teams from each division two.

Div. IV: Bottom four teams from each div II plus top three teams from each div III.

Div V: Next seven teams from each division III.

Div. VI: Bottom six teams from each division III with an allowance for two new clubs to be admitted.

Guest Dermot

That certainly clarifies it Rich,i did mention at the start of this thread about a name for the new League but as usual with a lot of topics some people decided to use it for personal slanging matches.

I still think `The Kernow League`has a good sound to it even with a sponsers name before or after it,i was hoping for a few amusing suggestions as well,so come folks have a think. ;0) :c:

Guest Urban Spaceman

yes i am a parent although being 22 i have a 1 year old boy.

i apoligeise for any obscence language i have posted in this topic.

but dont for 1 minute say if i am a half decent parent i am a very good parent thank you any1 on this forum who actuacly knows me can back me up from what sort of life i have had i dnt exzecky have the best reputaion but i have changed myself around since my son.

you say check my own advice.i wernt making threats but you say i am unwise doing it myself to be honest mate it dont bother me wot back up you would have because i dont need any never have never will.

not that a argue ment on a forum will go that far because that would be immature,

just dont patrenise me

Top stuff on the diploma and A+ for spelling :thumbsup:

Guest Dermot

The way some players behave towards the Refs maybe the Kernow Youth League is not a bad idea? :rolleyes:

I know that name exists Postman Pat (Reffing a Kernow Youth game tonight at Newquay) just asking folks for a few options for a combined League name,BigHairyDave has got the right Idea. ;0) :clapper:

Guest artificiosus

yes i am a parent although being 22 i have a 1 year old boy.

i apoligeise for any obscence language i have posted in this topic.

but dont for 1 minute say if i am a half decent parent i am a very good parent thank you any1 on this forum who actuacly knows me can back me up from what sort of life i have had i dnt exzecky have the best reputaion but i have changed myself around since my son.

you say check my own advice.i wernt making threats but you say i am unwise doing it myself to be honest mate it dont bother me wot back up you would have because i dont need any never have never will.

not that a argue ment on a forum will go that far because that would be immature,

just dont patrenise me

Top stuff on the diploma and A+ for spelling :thumbsup:

you should be my english teacher. :D

you aint been on here alot recently spaceman .

you only need one more post to get your 100th

bit like beckham.

but im sure get more than a hundred unlike him.