Cornwall Football Forum

Best young talent

For a while everybody has been slagging off the standard of local football. 
I personally think it’s fantastic to see so many young 16-18 years olds playing to a good standard. Rather than sat on there computers. I think surely them playing at such an early age can only benefit the local game in the long run?

Having said that is there any youngsters who caught anybodys eye so far this season? 
would be interested to know everyone’s thoughts. 

6 hours ago, Plympep said:

I personally think it’s fantastic to see so many young 16-18 years olds playing to a good standard.

Good to know that there are youngsters playing the game locally, what is questionable is the commitment that's needed to climb the sporting ladder.
Some youngsters we have seen undoubtedly have talent but fail to develop it further because they have fulfilled their goal of playing football but not their footballing potential.
Some play for a team because that's who their mates play for and don't have any ambition to improve beyond their present level, which in turn will always affect the quality of the league they play in.

8 hours ago, Plympep said:

I personally think it’s fantastic to see so many young 16-18 years olds playing to a good standard. Rather than sat on there computers. 

I take it choosing to attend a pop concert in a field near Newquay (rather than turning out on matchday) has been conveniently omitted from this equation 🤪 

Theres been a couple of youngsters that have caught my eye playing for Newquay but i cant name them because of there age The G also have some very good youngsters and a couple really stand out ,but Mousehole Development side have a lot of very good youngsters there no10 is going to be some player .Every club has good youngsters Wadebridge have a lot of good youngsters the pick of them for me the managers son .I wont name them because i dont want get in trouble again . 

Off to Sticker later looking forward to that and seeing this Sticker side i have heard so much about but cant see them beating Blazey who have so many good strikers ,going to have to set off early traffic piling up already '

Whatever match you go to enjoy it and be nice to the officials without them we wouldnt have a match to go to 

Callington have two youngsters they have got from tavy  youth set up ,they have looked impressive in the games I have seen , not sure of names, a right wing back  and a midfielder called Rio Daley  I think , but yeh they look good, over the last two seasons Finlay Harrison always impressed me ,last year he was turning out for Bodmin , not sure what he doing this season, someone did mention he was the bench for Truro first team in pre season friendlies, but always like to see what he is up to.. but it's good to get youngsters involved definitely...

I watched the liskeard v callington game & did see Rio Daly & Sam Ritter come on. I thought they both did very well against a strong liskeard team. 
Liskeard had 2 talented youngsters too. Harry jeffery & Harvey Mullis.

I believe Fin Harrison is playing for Truro reserves

56 minutes ago, Plympep said:

I watched the liskeard v callington game & did see Rio Daly & Sam Ritter come on. I thought they both did very well against a strong liskeard team. 
Liskeard had 2 talented youngsters too. Harry jeffery & Harvey Mullis.

I believe Fin Harrison is playing for Truro reserves

Is Rio Daly related to either Richard or Steve Daly?

Defender I think. 

Last season for the under 18s he played at centre back. Occasionally playing up front. 

For the first team he's generally played somewhere in the back 4. C.B L.B and R.B. 

He played in midfield for the ressies in mid week.

Not seen him goal yet so not the complete all rounder. 😂