Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin vs Goonhavern

Just sitting down with a nice coffee and have seen the news about Godolphins new manager will now be Harry Pope.

exciting times indeed for G, 100%cornish will be happy!  I believe this could be a tide turner for G. I watched the match last night and after a scrappy 1st half I thought G were excellent second half, game finished I believe 5-1. Some great attacking football. Surprise of the night for me was Godolphins new number 9, thought he was the best player on the pitch, not only that- he was the same chap I saw in the second half of the Newquay vs Saltash friendly, I didn’t see him in Newquay’s match at the weekend so if Newquay have let him go when they have striker issues that’s a strange one but great news for G if he signs.

will be interesting to see though who Harry brings and if the G team ends up full of new faces and not recognisable anymore, where as a few choice additions could really make a team here. There was a lot of youngsters in the last twenty minutes who in my opinion don’t look ready yet, didn’t see young Eli either so not sure where he is.

this season just got a whole lot more interesting for sure! Will be back at mountwise for the st day match at the weekend and with them being a few leagues below would expect a hatful of goals.

100% is very happy hes the 1 who suggested him to Nigel last week and he took my advice good times ahead at the G thought the G where brilliant 2nd half last night anf Guy Bolton was just different class with 2 cracking goals and his all round play was superb .

Met Harry before the game Nigel said who would i like to see Harry Pope and he said let me introduce you to Harry Pope seemed a good bloke now we see what players he brings in most of the PENRYN lads have gone to other clubs but i would love to see Russel May in a G shirt who knows it may still happen 

Welcome to the G Harry you got big shoes to fill in the nicest chap around in Adam Paterson , hopefully you will bring the goo times back to the G when they where collecting silver wear and beating teams like PLYMOUTH PARKWAY . 

Was nice to meet you last night Harry 

There was a lot of youngsters playing last night and they are not ready yet and they to fill out a bit to compete with some of the big mean buggers in the league .Think Eli was with Tavi last night think hes on duel registration this season Support Cornish Football could be a tough game for Newquay on Satday vs St Day because i have heard they are a very good team

11 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

100% is very happy hes the 1 who suggested him to Nigel last week and he took my advice good times ahead at the G thought the G where brilliant 2nd half last night anf Guy Bolton was just different class with 2 cracking goals and his all round play was superb .

Met Harry before the game Nigel said who would i like to see Harry Pope and he said let me introduce you to Harry Pope seemed a good bloke now we see what players he brings in most of the PENRYN lads have gone to other clubs but i would love to see Russel May in a G shirt who knows it may still happen 

Welcome to the G Harry you got big shoes to fill in the nicest chap around in Adam Paterson , hopefully you will bring the goo times back to the G when they where collecting silver wear and beating teams like PLYMOUTH PARKWAY . 

Was nice to meet you last night Harry 

There was a lot of youngsters playing last night and they are not ready yet and they to fill out a bit to compete with some of the big mean buggers in the league .Think Eli was with Tavi last night think hes on duel registration this season Support Cornish Football could be a tough game for Newquay on Satday vs St Day because i have heard they are a very good team

thought guys second goal was the pick of the bunch, great 2nd half attacking performance from G. Your right I think it will be interesting to see who Harry can bring in, can the G compete financially with other clubs, there is for sure a great base to work from and ambition. I hope that number 9 signs, i thought he linked up everything well last night, would love to see a quality CB and CM but who is available? I guess well see Harrys pull. 

I would be expecting Newquay to put up a big score against St Day, they are steps down and and N need a convincing win. I think i'll be there Saturday - excited to see where this season goes now. Agree the youngsters while talented need to fill out, and also perhaps get experience at a lower level of regular game time to improve decision making. 

Thought the same myself Deacs!! SCF if it’s St.Day 1st team they are a very top SPL West  team which is only the league below and they only lost out by a point or so from being promoted to the SWPL for this season along with Newquay and if full strength will give Newquay a really good game I should think! If you’re expecting a big score you may well be disappointed!!? 🤔️ I know Newquay have signed some great players from Penryn so I’m sure once settled they’ll be more than fine this season. 

Superb to see Popey back in the game, hope the rest has done him good and he’s ready to go again. Talented young manager who seems a perfect fit for the G carrying on the good work already done there 👍👏🏼

Id fully expect it to be competitive but I mean it seems like were waiting for Newquay to fire this pre-season and of the matches they have played so far i would of thought this would be the one. Momentum needs building, I think we'll be fine and in no danger this season and solid at the back with the addition of Boase but I do worry about us as an attacking force, especially with some of the signings clubs have made this season. I don't think we have ever replaced Jack and goals win games. 

Ill be there saturday i hope so will be good to see how it plays out and hopefully an entertaining game with lots of goals!

Also very pleased for Harry, a great fit for G and am already excited for the derby at Christmas!

Couple of friendly results last night between SWPL and top 5 SPL East opposition clubs were St.Mawgan beating St.Dennis 4-2 at Nanpeans beautiful venue. Jaffa Rowe and Josh Cole with the St.Dennis goals and Wadebridge beating Polperro 7-0 at home with goals from Jack Rapsey (2), Sam Mellor (2), Matt Lloyd, Kyle Flew, Kieron Rowe. Sorry don’t know much bout either game was stuck at work 🤓

16 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Was just a little surprised with the “St Day, they are steps down” 🤔

Just simply stating that they are a step below - if we want to be competing seriously for honours or promotion this season then the ambition should be to comfortably beat a St Day side. Just my opinion, for what its worth. Same as i would fully expect us to beat Bude comfortably for example

Been really impressed with Wadebridge from the couple games I’ve seen SCF. Playing some lovely possession football against higher league opposition like Mousehole and Tavistock, sorry not seen the other 2 games. Very good on the eye but it’s hard to see past Liskeard or Blazey, anyone finishing above those two will probably win it with respect to everyone else in the division. The league probably don’t look as strong on paper this season but I still think it’ll be a really competitive one, best of luck to Newquay, had 5 very happy seasons with the Peppermints back in the day and always want them to do well. Brad, Boasey and Shawsy from Penryn are all class players, watched them for the last 3 seasons, great lads, brilliant signings. Mount Wise a proper football ground, always love driving up to those turnstiles! 👌👍

2 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Been really impressed with Wadebridge from the couple games I’ve seen SCF. Playing some lovely possession football against higher league opposition like Mousehole and Tavistock, sorry not seen the other 2 games. Very good on the eye but it’s hard to see past Liskeard or Blazey, anyone finishing above those two will probably win it with respect to everyone else in the division. The league probably don’t look as strong on paper this season but I still think it’ll be a really competitive one, best of luck to Newquay, had 5 very happy seasons with the Peppermints back in the day and always want them to do well. Brad, Boasey and Shawsy from Penryn are all class players, watched them for the last 3 seasons, great lads, brilliant signings. Mount Wise a proper football ground, always love driving up to those turnstiles! 👌👍

Going to try get over to a Wadebridge game Rappo, heard similiar reports, a great squad playing nice football. I have to agree with you I think Blazey may win it this year, River Allen was a big signing, if he stays could be key, and Liskeard will push all the way. I think last year was great but Falmouth were in a different league where as you say its competitive this year and no guarantees which makes for an exciting season. The Penryn chaps are great additions, I think Brad especially as we lost Tom last season. 

Also meant no offence in the St Day comment, just you love your club dont you and i always feel we are a big club and should be competing at the top of the league, if we are to ever do that we should be comfortably beating teams in lower leagues was all I meant, as I say thats only my opinion :)

Who's your pick for Golden boot this season? I would say your more than qualified to comment! haha

The young lad Rapsey at Wadebridge might score a few! 😂 To be fair Jacks a proper team player, not as greedy as his old man! He’ll assist as many as he scores he’s more of a 25/25 striker, I was more of a 40/5!!! Think the usual suspects mate, saw Edds for Blazey on Saturday for an hour and he looked razor sharp, great to see him back fit and getting a good pre season in. DJ in a top side like Liskeard, wouldn’t put it past either of those two lads to bang in around 50 in this league this season with both teams up at the top of the league. Plenty of 30+ strikers around as well this season I reckon. Watch out for young lads like Rubin Wilson at Bodmin, obviously the talented James Lorenz at Liskeard, Reevey will score plenty for his new club Wendron, the Waltz at Launceston, Billy Hopcroft if he stays at Bude, lot of natural finishers around. Ask me again about a month into the season, I always think of loads after I write something off the top of my head!! 😂👍

I have been and watched all the Wadebridge pre season matches im very impressed with them them they gave Mousehole and Tavi good games but against Falmouth they where outclassed Rob Rosevear is playing brilliant and now they have the brilliant Steve Simmonds in there team like i said dark horses for the title off to see them next week vs Truro Academy got to take some photos of neighbours son who is in goal for Wadebridge next week i watched him the other night playing for Newquay Academy and he was very good and confident i look forward to following his progress hes only 16 

Be great to see young Jack Rapsy in a Godolphin shirt i have seen him in all the pre season matches just taking him time to settle in i see he scored 2 last night vs Polperro could be the start he needs maybe he will be wearing the blue of the G in the future he would get plenty of service from Matty Walker and Eli Evans but the player i would love to see in a G shirt is Russel May him and Matt Saunders centre halfs would be brilliant . 

I see the player the G signed from St Blazey Morgan Vallejo ex Penryn player was in the Wadebridge team last night dont think he had kicked a ball for the G maybe when he saw Harry Pope was the new manager he thought sod that im off 

On 21/07/2022 at 18:02, RAPPO said:

Not sure about the 28 day rule, one player per club or is it still classed as the summer free for all? 🤔

Summer free for all is between 01/06 and 30/06 unless the players are contracted or owe money to the clubs they were registered with the previous season or if they are on a retained list for a club playing above (I think) level 6.

In which case 7 days is still required. 

14 hours ago, Clubman said:

Summer free for all is between 01/06 and 30/06 unless the players are contracted or owe money to the clubs they were registered with the previous season or if they are on a retained list for a club playing above (I think) level 6.

In which case 7 days is still required. 

If they have been re-registered with that club.