Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City home ground ???????

4 hours ago, EddieD said:

Everything that is wrong with Cornish football in one post!!! This time its Truro. Ongoing, mousehole doing something different, Helston trying to push boundaries, but no let's focus on the negative from a stuck in the past audience. Wonder why no youngster from South West make top level? Because a load of old bigoted has beens are holding back progress!!! 

Today's news tomorrow's chip paper. The more you bite the more response you will get.

Most of these old bigots have had input in their local clubs with years of experience and struggle to understand the economics of the Truro situation, both from a playing and monetary point of view.

If any young players in Cornwall are looking for a big club to play for Truro will be nowhere near the top of the list

. 1 if the can’t drive they no chance of getting up to Plymouth 

Also where are these passionate fans at bolitho ? I have been there and apart from a few mates of the players and family there hardly anybody from Truro way up there watching. 
And where are the fans demanding the club move back , or fighting passionately to get the ground built.  No point coming on here calling everyone stuck in past.  

15 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

If any young players in Cornwall are looking for a big club to play for Truro will be nowhere near the top of the list

. 1 if the can’t drive they no chance of getting up to Plymouth 

Also where are these passionate fans at bolitho ? I have been there and apart from a few mates of the players and family there hardly anybody from Truro way up there watching. 
And where are the fans demanding the club move back , or fighting passionately to get the ground built.  No point coming on here calling everyone stuck in past.  

... at Bickland Park. No problem with that, if I was a football supporter in that area who could either travel to Plymouth for a "home" match or pop down the road to see a winning team in a ground that's buzzing, I know where I would go.

If City can get back to playing in Truro and winning, and Falmouth start to struggle, then things can revert back pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

... at Bickland Park. No problem with that, if I was a football supporter in that area who could either travel to Plymouth for a "home" match or pop down the road to see a winning team in a ground that's buzzing, I know where I would go.

If City can get back to playing in Truro and winning, and Falmouth start to struggle, then things can revert back pretty quickly.

Truro when at Treyew drew some pretty big crowds for sure, I remember 1,200+ for a cup game one year, and regular numbers of 300 to 500+

They need to get back home and build that fan base up again, make the most of the initial interest in the new ground and I'm sure they will win some of their old fans back from where they are now.

Best of luck to Truro from me. 

On 15/05/2022 at 20:15, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Truro when at Treyew drew some pretty big crowds for sure, I remember 1,200+ for a cup game one year, and regular numbers of 300 to 500+

They need to get back home and build that fan base up again, make the most of the initial interest in the new ground and I'm sure they will win some of their old fans back from where they are now.

Best of luck to Truro from me. 

Was there a decade ago or so, last game of the season against Weymouth to celebrate promotion and 2,500 turned up. If Truro had followed this up without administration, losing grounds, dodgy ownership, up and down the table then maybe the club really could have grown some solid roots. As it stands we're a bit of a joke, we don't even play close to where we're from.

14 minutes ago, Craze said:

Was there a decade ago or so, last game of the season against Weymouth to celebrate promotion and 2,500 turned up. If Truro had followed this up without administration, losing grounds, dodgy ownership, up and down the table then maybe the club really could have grown some solid roots. As it stands we're a bit of a joke, we don't even play close to where we're from.

Yes you are in an unfortunate position, believe me I know the whole story, the true one.

But. You have funds in place to do something about it, just needs moving on a bit quicker. 

10 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yes you are in an unfortunate position, believe me I know the whole story, the true one.

But. You have funds in place to do something about it, just needs moving on a bit quicker. 

If you win the lottery tonight Older, and (in a particularly vulnerable moment) decide to buy Truro City from its current owners, what would be your immediate plan to move them forward? By the way, this is in no way intended to wind people up.

28 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I thought the funds were being spent across the covid season. Disgrace we weren't promoted while clear at the top with games in hand yet Liverpool were allowed to win the Prem

5 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

If you win the lottery tonight Older, and (in a particularly vulnerable moment) decide to buy Truro City from its current owners, what would be your immediate plan to move them forward? By the way, this is in no way intended to wind people up.

Accelerate the new ground, its their only chance of survival?