Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City home ground ???????

So after the season close and Parkway now competing in the same tier as Truro any idea where they’re planning on playing their home fixtures??? Can’t see Parkway sharing again especially after Truro criticised the Bolitho surface on many occasions, can’t really see the SFC being ready by the start of the 22 season.

36 minutes ago, Ozman said:

Be patient.

It’s a fair question to ask on how sustainable it is running a team in the Southern League with its wage bill, but by suggesting be patient presumably should we be so because you’re hopeful of one of the three interested investors becoming the new owners?

On 07/05/2022 at 08:18, Dave Deacon said:

It’s a fair question to ask on how sustainable it is running a team in the Southern League with its wage bill, but by suggesting be patient presumably should we be so because you’re hopeful of one of the three interested investors becoming the new owners?

But what will they own Dave ?

To me it seems there’s lots of uncertainty around Truro which would explain the departure of some players (including the Club Captain may I add) no ground, poor supporter numbers and a relatively average season doesn’t make for a great advert for possible incoming player targets?? 
I believe with Parkway now buying a ticket life isn’t going to get any easier for Truro City, now with the chasing and ever ambitious Western league contingent looking to improve their squads Truro won’t be the automatic choice for players. Assuming their using the Treyew funds to stay afloat I honestly believe it’s a matter of time before Truro abort this project, any businessman would run a mile from Truro FC as a project in its current form so can’t see any large investment incoming either.

1 hour ago, Ozman said:

For a start there is 2 million quid with the council, to build the football ground. I'm sure I have mentioned this on numerous occasions before now, so didn't think I needed to repeat it for the 20th time.

Anyway off to see our successful U18s play today.

2 million quid ?? So why has literally nothing been built. 
from what I believe this is the last season they use bolitho. Was touch and go to even let them again this season I believe there was lots of objections 

as for the club it self the players are getting paid a good wage but they see parkway getting gates of 600-700 and progressing and are wondering if they getting left behind. I wouldn’t expect the players on that retained list to all still be there by pre season

truro are are just a shell at minute using other peoples facilities, players that haven’t stepped foot in Truro and a manager that jump if the next decent offer comes in  

2-3 years time falmouth , mousehole and helston  as clubs will be pulling away from Truro 

38 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

2 million quid ?? So why has literally nothing been built. 
from what I believe this is the last season they use bolitho. Was touch and go to even let them again this season I believe there was lots of objections 

as for the club it self the players are getting paid a good wage but they see parkway getting gates of 600-700 and progressing and are wondering if they getting left behind. I wouldn’t expect the players on that retained list to all still be there by pre season

truro are are just a shell at minute using other peoples facilities, players that haven’t stepped foot in Truro and a manager that jump if the next decent offer comes in  

2-3 years time falmouth , mousehole and helston  as clubs will be pulling away from Truro 

I’d say they’re pulling away now to be honest, other than the fact Truro are in a higher league there’s nothing else to argue their corner.

The 2million is held by the council, has been since the day Truro was evicted from Treyew Rd. That is still with the Council and will be released to new owners, who are committed to building the ground in Truro. The Club is in the process of being sold by Dickie Evans. When that is finalised, the ownership is complete,  Truro will start the process of coming home.

4 minutes ago, Ozman said:

building the ground in Truro

Is it still intended to be at Langarth and if so is the mention of applying (and subsequently waiting) for the "Levelling Up" funds going to further delay any start to the building work? The clock is really, really turning now as time is of the essence ahead of season 2023-24.  

13 minutes ago, Ozman said:

Dave it will be a decision of the new owners, when the Clubs' sale is completed. There has been no mention of waiting for Government funds. Everything will be clearer when the new owners take over.

Not an attractive proposition to anyone at this moment in time.

55 minutes ago, Ozman said:

Dave it will be a decision of the new owners, when the Clubs' sale is completed. There has been no mention of waiting for Government funds. Everything will be clearer when the new owners take over.

I know difficult for you to be exact, but when do you think the purchase by new owners is likely to be completed by?

What are the new owners getting  and has it been sold.  ? I don’t understand . what if Truro get relegated next season and all the players depart 

Is surly going to take 1 -2 season to build a complete new ground from scratch 

Someone with very deep pockets must be involved 

56 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

what if Truro get relegated next season and all the players depart 

Instead let's think positive - what if Truro get promoted next season and they have players begging to join!

But any new owners need to get in quick and get going with their plans 👍

14 hours ago, Ozman said:

The 2million is held by the council, has been since the day Truro was evicted from Treyew Rd. That is still with the Council and will be released to new owners, who are committed to building the ground in Truro. The Club is in the process of being sold by Dickie Evans. When that is finalised, the ownership is complete,  Truro will start the process of coming home.

Surely the £2 million from the council is available providing the promised £3million from Cameron is delivered. That has nothing to do with the present incumbents levelling up fund

Or will it become available to use when a new owner shows they are prepared to build a new ground somewhere around Truro for Truro City FC?

One would hope a new owner will go it alone and forget the link up suggestion with the Stadium For Cornwall.

However, it all seems to take a considerable amount of time to get anything done and to have a stadium in place for season 2023-24 is already looking tight!

A bit of clarity and communication from the owners, or whoever is calling the shots at the moment, would stop all the speculation in it's tracks. But for the last 12 months or so, the silence has been deafening. As Dave has already said, there is little to no chance of getting a step 3 ready stadium and pitch in place for the start of the 2023/24 season (especially as I gather that not one shovel has been stuck in the ground at Langarth).

To a certain degree, both Parkway and Truro were saved by a very dry March and April. Had it rained throughout these months, not sure that the state of Bolitho Park pitch  would have allowed their seasons to finish. 

Truro have been haemorrhaging money for the last three years and now cannot even afford to keep players who are obviously be getting to leave. The current situation could mean the end of the club and I would be very surprised if the current manager even sees the beginning of next season.

This whole NEW GROUND Episode is beyond a joke.

I mean what club leaves a ground before they’ve built the new one? It just doesn’t happen.

Playing games in Devon in my mind makes the whole club a laughing stock and let’s face it, the club trying to get those fans back onside after all this is going to be impossible as they must be leaving in their droves to support Mousehole and Falmouth et cetera.

This season the gates have been on a par with St Dennis or Godolphin

4 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

Truro have been haemorrhaging money for the last three years and now cannot even afford to keep players who are obviously be getting to leave. The current situation could mean the end of the club and I would be very surprised if the current manager even sees the beginning of next season.

I mean what club leaves a ground before they’ve built the new one? It just doesn’t happen.

Playing games in Devon in my mind makes the whole club a laughing stock and let’s face it, the club trying to get those fans back onside after all this is going to be impossible as they must be leaving in their droves to support Mousehole and Falmouth et cetera.

Hard to see a future for TCFC at this moment in time, to me the players departing tells you there’s something deeper going on behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, rocky170267 said:

Off the top of my head, Gloucester City, Walton Casuals and Hayes & Yeading are three recent examples of non league clubs that, for different reasons, were forced to vacate their old grounds before the new one was built. Sure there are others.

So much negativity about Truro City. Has anyone noticed that our Reserves  and U18s are in four Cup Finals? This certainly augurs well for  the new season. Truro City are not going to fail (which could upset some contributors to this website). Like most ambitious Football Clubs Truro releases and sign on new players, to satisfy the ambition of Management, at the end of a Season At the moment Truro City is in limbo, because the current owner is trying to sell the Club and ongoing investors are discussing their options. So that is why the patience is required.

Much activity has been going on at Treyew Rd as contractors are moving buildings and equipment to the Tregye ground. Again, not what happens to an organisations without a future, but does one, with ambition.

For TCFC to be competitive for the new season, the management is signing on players who can do the job. This means some players would be recruited and some would be leaving. That is the way all ambitious Clubs operate. So the ignorant comments made by some are entertaining at the very least. Its what makes the beautiful game beautiful.

Edited by Ozman

1 hour ago, Ozman said:

So much negativity about Truro City. Has anyone noticed that our Reserves  and U18s are in four Cup Finals? This certainly augurs well for  the new season. Truro City are not going to fail (which could upset some contributors to this website). Like most ambitious Football Clubs Truro releases and sign on new players, to satisfy the ambition of Management, at the end of a Season At the moment Truro City is in limbo, because the current owner is trying to sell the Club and ongoing investors are discussing their options. So that is why the patience is required.

Much activity has been going on at Treyew Rd as contractors are moving buildings and equipment to the Tregye ground. Again, not what happens to an organisations without a future, but does one, with ambition.

For TCFC to be competitive for the new season, the management is signing on players who can do the job. This means some players would be recruited and some would be leaving. That is the way all ambitious Clubs operate. So the ignorant comments made by some are entertaining at the very least. Its what makes the beautiful game beautiful.

Good information there Oz.

2 hours ago, Ozman said:

So, does this mean that Tregye and not Langarth is the intended new home for Truro City FC?

Been said many times before, but some sort of official communication from the club would shut the rumour mill down.

All clubs release or retain players at this level. I have copied and pasted Hefeord's list below. You won't know the names but see how few are staying and this is National League North.

Retained/Released List for the 2022/23 Season

10th May 2022 by Hereford FC - Club News

Following the conclusion of the 2021/22 season, Josh Gowling has made the following decisions with regards to the retained/released list for the 2022/23 season.

Josh Gowling said this about the retained/released list: “I’d like to take this time to thank all the players that are departing the football club. This season is the highest league position the club has finished in since it was reformed and these boys had a big part to play in that. I and the football club will be forever grateful for their efforts.
We continue to work hard on bringing in new signings and I hope to develop the squad over the coming weeks as we look ahead to next season. The Squad Builder campaign can play a vital role in helping to boost the budget that is available to us and I’d like to thank everyone who has signed up so far.”

PLAYERS ALREADY UNDER CONTRACT

Harry Pinchard
Ryan McLean
Yan Klukowski

PLAYERS OFFERED DEALS

Ryan Lloyd
Tom Owen-Evans
Luke Haines
Ben Pollock
Miles Storey
Jared Hodgkiss

PLAYERS INVITED BACK FOR PRE-SEASON

Justice Campbell
Pa Njie

PLAYERS RELEASED

Brandon Hall
Krystian Pearce
James Vincent
Dinesh Gillela
Andre Wright
Justice Campbell
Sam Fitzgerald
Toby Raison
Pa Njie
Mitch Hancox

PLAYERS RETURNING TO PARENT CLUBS AFTER LOAN SPELLS HAVE ENDED

Jamie Egan
Keenan Patten
Momodu Touray
Seb Revan
Andreas Sondergaard

We’d like to place on record our thanks to each and every player for their efforts during the 2021/22 season and wish them well for the future.

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

So have the council got this 2 million sat in their bank earning interest ? Or has it not been handed over ??

The Council said that they're keeping hold of it until a suitable new site for the football club has been found. It probably is earning interest, but I expect the Council will keep hold of that.

Plus, the last that I heard, it was £3m, and not £2m.

Either way, it's money that is being kept back just for TCFC's new ground.

Isn't the £3 million the money that was "pledged" by Cornwall Council in April 2018?

https://businesscornwall.co.uk/news-by-industry/public-sector-news-categories/2018/04/council-votes-yes-to-stadium-funding/

And the £2 million the money that came from the owners of Treyew Road as per the S106 agreement? Reported as being nearer £1.8 million in two pots here:

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/19023701.truro-city-football-club-vacate-treyew-road-ground/

I know, Dave. I've followed the whole business from a distance although - going along the A390 the other day - I actually saw the stadium for the first time!

David Cameron's 2015 "promise" always sounded like an off-the-cuff reponse to a journalist's question; just the thing to say a few weeks before the election. It reminded me of what had happened a few weeks earlier when he visited the railway at Dawlish. Now, re-reading the press reports about the stadium, I'm not even sure exactly what he said.  

I can see why the council and the Stadium for Cornwall people tried to hold the government to the promise however vague. But we've probably moved on to "levelling up" and, in the manner of these things, it's all about bids. I suspect this is what we're running with now:

https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/council-news/council-budgets-and-economy/initial-applications-for-levelling-up-funding-revealed

As for Truro City, it's always wise to keep an eye on Companies House documents for MA 023 Ltd which is the current owner of the club: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11840205

Not nearly as interesting as previous incarnations of the club. Under "persons with significant control" is recorded Cornish Pirates Ltd rather than any named individuals. For Cornish Pirates Ltd the person "with significant control" ceassed to be Richard Grenville Russell Evans in 2021 and is now Vorladron Limited of Jersey.  As in An Vorladron Gernewek.      

I was looking at the "levelling up" funding last week particularly for some dates as to when any funds, if a bid is successful, will be available as the clock is already seriously ticking for Truro City and where they might be playing after next season. Probably missed the info, but couldn't see any dates! 

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I was looking at the "levelling up" funding last week particularly for some dates as to when any funds, if a bid is successful, will be available as the clock is already seriously ticking for Truro City and where they might be playing after next season. Probably missed the info, but couldn't see any dates! 

Looking at the criteria, it appears that only one project per parliamentary constituency is eligible for funding in this first tranche. Based on this, it looks to me like The Stadium For Cornwall is up against the Falmouth to Newquay Mid Cornwall Metro. Which one will be more beneficial for the county? I'll let others argue that one out.

Everything that is wrong with Cornish football in one post!!! This time its Truro. Ongoing, mousehole doing something different, Helston trying to push boundaries, but no let's focus on the negative from a stuck in the past audience. Wonder why no youngster from South West make top level? Because a load of old bigoted has beens are holding back progress!!! 

3 hours ago, EddieD said:

Everything that is wrong with Cornish football in one post!!! This time its Truro. Ongoing, mousehole doing something different, Helston trying to push boundaries, but no let's focus on the negative from a stuck in the past audience. Wonder why no youngster from South West make top level? Because a load of old bigoted has beens are holding back progress!!! 

It’s a forum debate, there’s plus points as well as negative points for Truro, I’ll list the pro’s below.