Cornwall Football Forum

Sat 26th March - Perranporth v Illogan OFF

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Sat 26th March - Perranporth v Illogan OFF

Hi everyone, we are sorry that we could not fulfil our fixture on Saturday….if we could we would as only 8 games left and a long time without football in the summer.

mainly COVID related and unfortunately cannot cancel now due to that. We have 4 players plus myself with COVID (first time had it and it wipes you out) we also have an ex player stag weekend with a few away and more working (getting ready for silly season) our reserves have a cup game tomorrow and they have COVID issues as well.

Even though COVID rules now say players can play with COVID I made the decision that it was not ideal for the players themselves, the opposition and anyone else in close contact. I was also concerned the players in the changing room last Saturday could have contracted it and not showing signs which is worrying.

once this clears up we will be back playing football which we all love 👍

34 minutes ago, Fish said:

Hi everyone, we are sorry that we could not fulfil our fixture on Saturday….if we could we would as only 8 games left and a long time without football in the summer.

mainly COVID related and unfortunately cannot cancel now due to that. We have 4 players plus myself with COVID (first time had it and it wipes you out) we also have an ex player stag weekend with a few away and more working (getting ready for silly season) our reserves have a cup game tomorrow and they have COVID issues as well.

Even though COVID rules now say players can play with COVID I made the decision that it was not ideal for the players themselves, the opposition and anyone else in close contact. I was also concerned the players in the changing room last Saturday could have contracted it and not showing signs which is worrying.

once this clears up we will be back playing football which we all love 👍

Looks like very sound and responsible decision-making to me, and also very good of you to come on here and explain your decision.