Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Camelford

Watched Newquay vs Camelford tonight 5-0 win to Camelford what a brilliant side totally dominated Newquay all over the pitch you dont usually see Newquay outplayed like they where tonight .Ed Harrison was pulling all the strings for Camelford and the young lad Patterson was having a great game but the player i was really impressed with was the no7 the curly haired player called Hutchison .Newquay usually dominate in midfield but not tonight even Jack Bray Evans wasnt at his best they missed Aaron Dilley who was out injured .Camelford played some lovely football and near the end the great Bobby Hopkinson came on and nearly scored with a great shot but Harry Ashton turned it around for a corner . It was nice that before the  match started Camelford Manager Reg Hambly asked how i was after the sudden death of my partner , I thought what a nice man to ask i really appreciatead that i told him it is still hard and watching local football has been a great help dealing with it but its still a struggle at times . Ok mom for Newquay hard 1 really none where any good really but i thought Louis Price had a go and looked most likely to score and MOM for Camelford cant pick out 1 person they where all good so its the whole team they where just brilliant .Thought the ref had a good game dealing with some niggly fouls and left the game flow 

Edited by 100%cornish
didnt have the right score in there

I thought Camel's defence were superb Josh  McCabe had the No10 in his pocket  all game. I have rarely seen a game were the opposition have a lot of possession and lose 5 0. Newquay lacked quality in the final third  but when the Camels had the ball they were devastating all over the park.

Strange old game to watch - didn’t think it was a 5-0 game but certainly Camelford outplayed Newquay in all key areas. In defence Camelford completely nullified Jack B-E, who looked like he gave up after about 30 minutes as Josh beat him every time - for Newquay, without him firing and making chances they had no plan B. 
Camelford controlled midfield and when they wanted to they cut Newquay apart - helped by Newquay’s consistent verbal abuse of the Ref, resulting in two separate sin bins, one in each half. 
Camelford scored 3 in the first half, one by Ryan and two by Boxy (one was a screamer). Second half saw a goal by Joe and one by Bobby and should have been one by Ed but Jon mysteriously gave it offside lol. 
I thought the Ref did have a good game (and his assistants) - the game did have a lot of stoppages but mainly down to Newquay indiscipline and abuse. 
I did think Louis was Newquay’s best player - always like watching him play - good ‘honest’ player, he had a chance through on goal and could on gone done in a tackle and rolled around but stayed on his feet and got his shot off - then went to the defender and did a fist bump for a good battle. 
Camels were good all over - mom for me Josh in defence - absolute rock. 
Sorry I didn’t get over to see you 100% (and Smokie) - was a bit preoccupied, next time Smokie gets a sausage lol

Can anyone help me it said Joe Adkins scored 2 goals but i got him down as a sub ,does anyone know the subs names i got 15 Hopkinson 14 Adkins .Newquay need to sort out a program situation all they need  is  a sheet of paper with the team on it .Reg told me  you was there Bob but didnt see you Smokie will love a sausage see you at the G in a few weeks .

25 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Can anyone help me it said Joe Adkins scored 2 goals but i got him down as a sub ,does anyone know the subs names i got 15 Hopkinson 14 Adkins .Newquay need to sort out a program situation all they need  is  a sheet of paper with the team on it .Reg told me  you was there Bob but didnt see you Smokie will love a sausage see you at the G in a few weeks .

100% you’re on. 
Joe scored one, coming on as a sub. 
Bobby H was the second sub (and scored) and Matty Bartlett was the third sub

30 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Thank you for your opinion on the referee too - it seems one or two people would not agree - but then, we know that some folk always blame the ref.

If the team you support loses, invariably the referee will have put in a poor performance and will be mostly be to blame for the loss.
Some players will walk away and actually believe that it was the refs fault, and that their performance was exemplary and was in no way to blame.
Thats life unfortunately Keith B, from politicians down it's called "pass the buck''

I support the G and Newquay and and if my team loses i will still say the ref had a good or bad game and last night last night the ref could of sent a couple of players off teh 1st when Ed Harrison took a Newquay player out the Newquay player was after a award after the amount of rolls he did then when he saw the  ref talking to Harrison he was up and running around ,5 mins later Harrison was taking out by the Newquay player bit of revenge there .I just thought the ref did ok as you know if i thought the ref was crap i will say he was crap but so far this season i have only seen 2 poor performances by refs .You may see me having a go at the ref after the Gs match this weekend vs Blazey and next week the local derby Newquay vs Godolphin ,Godolphin may have a chance there in the Wendron match and last nights vs Camelford i can see a weakness in the Newquay team