Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 25th August 2021

It will have been 5 days since the first Ludgvan game was cancelled, surely its been enough time to know if anyone has symptoms or a positive test? I read the FA document Steve Carpenter posted (thank you Steve) and it says players don't need to isolate if no symptoms or a positive test? Just need to be sensible and have common sense?

But I'm now hearing that St Just vs Ludgvan Reserves is still on, which makes even less sense. It will be interesting to see if any Ludgvan players play for their second team, mixing with another squad, as well as another team, when it's not safe to play for their own side?

1 hour ago, 1ofthekids said:

It will have been 5 days since the first Ludgvan game was cancelled, surely its been enough time to know if anyone has symptoms or a positive test? I read the FA document Steve Carpenter posted (thank you Steve) and it says players don't need to isolate if no symptoms or a positive test? Just need to be sensible and have common sense?

But I'm now hearing that St Just vs Ludgvan Reserves is still on, which makes even less sense. It will be interesting to see if any Ludgvan players play for their second team, mixing with another squad, as well as another team, when it's not safe to play for their own side?

And I am sure the league will have the evidence of the positive tests/isolations for those not double jabbed who were in close contact in changing rooms, etc.

Helston 2 - 2 Perranwell

Not the best of games however the Perranwell goals where both beauties, especially the first, a first time half volley on the run from the corner of the box following a clearance from a corner that when hit, went 100mph into the top corner - unstoppable.  Second one was similar with a powerful rising drive from the edge of the box on the run that also went, sort of top bins as well.

Helston spent a lot of time in the Perranwell half through out the game but simply couldn't break down a stubborn defence that sat incredibly deep, playing almost a back 5 and trying to hit Helston on the break and forcing Helston into wasteful shots from distance.  2nd Half, on comes Jackson Rapsey and now Perranwell had an outlet and started to find a way up the pitch, eventually leading to their goals.  15 to go and 2 nill down, Helston kicked on a couple of gears and finally began to pin Perranwell back even further and found space down the sides at last which eventually led to forcing two scrappy goals in the last 10 to earn their point.

A point a piece, a fair reflection of the game.

Well officiated by Dave Bartlam, spoke to the players well and controlled the game as expected, 10/10 from me.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 25th August 2021
  • Dave Deacon unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, GKBH said:

Helston 2 - 2 Perranwell

Not the best of games however the Perranwell goals where both beauties, especially the first, a first time half volley on the run from the corner of the box following a clearance from a corner that when hit, went 100mph into the top corner - unstoppable.  Second one was similar with a powerful rising drive from the edge of the box on the run that also went, sort of top bins as well.

Helston spent a lot of time in the Perranwell half through out the game but simply couldn't break down a stubborn defence that sat incredibly deep, playing almost a back 5 and trying to hit Helston on the break and forcing Helston into wasteful shots from distance.  2nd Half, on comes Jackson Rapsey and now Perranwell had an outlet and started to find a way up the pitch, eventually leading to their goals.  15 to go and 2 nill down, Helston kicked on a couple of gears and finally began to pin Perranwell back even further and found space down the sides at last which eventually led to forcing two scrappy goals in the last 10 to earn their point.

Well officiated by Dave Bartlam, spoke to the players well and controlled the game as expected, 10/10 from me.

2 beauties from Perranwell. Tom Fisher with the first, a left foot rocket and James Rowberry with the second with right foot screamer. too early for goal of the season? 🙂

On 26/08/2021 at 10:33, GKBH said:

Helston 2 - 2 Perranwell

All too often clubs receive criticism on here for the way their players and managers act... I thought both clubs were superb on Wednesday. I'm not too keen on commenting on games I've reffed but I feel it's only fair that the club's that act impeccably get the recognition that they deserve.