Cornwall Football Forum

PENRYN  (0)  0

STICKER  (0)  1       Gareth Smith  76’

Good game of football, the only surprise was that there was only one goal. Defences did well in the first half considering the amount of attacks from each side. The most disappointing aspect was the injuries to two Jacks, Hooper for Sticker and James for Penryn, two good young players, hope they both recover quickly as youngsters do. The 2nd half was end to end with the higher league team Sticker seeing a Theo May free kick thump back off the post and big target man Joel Cockings seeing his penalty well saved by home keeper Ben Mitchell and Ed Rowe did well heading off the line at full stretch. Penryn replied with Ryan Reeve sprinting on to a Jack Rapsey ball over the top outpacing the defence and narrowly chipping over visiting keeper Anton Lake and just clearing the crossbar. Rapsey then saw his 30 yard lob land on the roof of the net before Mitchell made a couple of good low saves off May and captain Gareth Smith. Move of the match saw Jake Shaw play in the outstanding Bradley Leivers on the left who clipped a peach of a ball back to Rapsey who struck a perfectly executed volley which was superbly saved  to his right by Lake to keep the scores level. The visitors scored the only goal of the game five minutes later when Smith did enough to force the ball over the line despite the best efforts of a few Penryn defenders. Think a draw would probably have been a fair outcome but the result not really important with Sticker starting their league campaign at Launceston on Friday and Penryn got one more friendly before starting their own league games a week later. Great to see the legend Graham Nicholls as always, top bloke and what a player in his heyday. Nice to have a quick chat with Flacky and Avers, couple of good guys to play football for and I’m sure they can create a good side at Sticker. Great to hear Avers say that Sticker will have some lovely yellow and blue box nets up soon!!! Looking forward to seeing those beauties!! 😀👏🏼👊🏼👍💛 Always thought they would look great at Sticker!! Decent match 👍

9 hours ago, RAPPO said:

PENRYN  (0)  0

STICKER  (0)  1       Gareth Smith  76’

Good game of football, the only surprise was that there was only one goal. Defences did well in the first half considering the amount of attacks from each side. The most disappointing aspect was the injuries to two Jacks, Hooper for Sticker and James for Penryn, two good young players, hope they both recover quickly as youngsters do. The 2nd half was end to end with the higher league team Sticker seeing a Theo May free kick thump back off the post and big target man Joel Cockings seeing his penalty well saved by home keeper Ben Mitchell and Ed Rowe did well heading off the line at full stretch. Penryn replied with Ryan Reeve sprinting on to a Jack Rapsey ball over the top outpacing the defence and narrowly chipping over visiting keeper Anton Lake and just clearing the crossbar. Rapsey then saw his 30 yard lob land on the roof of the net before Mitchell made a couple of good low saves off May and captain Gareth Smith. Move of the match saw Jake Shaw play in the outstanding Bradley Leivers on the left who clipped a peach of a ball back to Rapsey who struck a perfectly executed volley which was superbly saved  to his right by Lake to keep the scores level. The visitors scored the only goal of the game five minutes later when Smith did enough to force the ball over the line despite the best efforts of a few Penryn defenders. Think a draw would probably have been a fair outcome but the result not really important with Sticker starting their league campaign at Launceston on Friday and Penryn got one more friendly before starting their own league games a week later. Great to see the legend Graham Nicholls as always, top bloke and what a player in his heyday. Nice to have a quick chat with Flacky and Avers, couple of good guys to play football for and I’m sure they can create a good side at Sticker. Great to hear Avers say that Sticker will have some lovely yellow and blue box nets up soon!!! Looking forward to seeing those beauties!! 😀👏🏼👊🏼👍💛 Always thought they would look great at Sticker!! Decent match 👍

Our Nets have always been yellow and blue Rappo but just not the box type. I must say they stood up well today when our reserve team lashed eight goals into them!! Ha! Ha!

Yeah I know Razor I’ve had a few visits to Burngullow last few seasons!! I’m a bit of a boxnetaholic, I’m getting treatment but it’s not working! I’m campaigning for every club in Cornwall to have box nets before I die!!! Seriously though they do finish off a pitch and ground lovely! Seen Blazey’s lately? Makes such a difference! Didn’t mind scoring in any net to be fair though! Congrats with your set up at Sticker, lovely place to play or in my case watch football these days. 👍👏🏼

We're looking forward to visiting Sticker some time soon, they seem to be such a go ahead little village club, that put their facilities at the forefront of their endeavours.
There seems to be some project either in the pipeline or just completed, every time we go there, a real credit to their committee.