Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock

No major new signings at Langsford Park. Lewis Coombes and Ben Cross returned from long term injury plus another 2 or 3 new signings in the pre season fixture v Tiverton Town this evening. The subs were given a run out during the 2nd half but Tavvy started with eleven of last year's successful squad in an entertaining game which the home team won 3-1. Davey, Burns and Elliot with 3 lovely finishes. Levi Landricombe with the Tivvy goal. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Tavistock might surprise a few then this season. Pretty decent win against tivy even if it is only pre season 

Its Tiverton

Very poor last year, the result doesn’t shock me

But..... The scores count for nothing at this time of year. It’s TRAINING

39 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Anyone watch the Tavi v Taunton match ?  Would like to know what people thought ?

Tavi 0 v 

Wasn't there Bald One, and you are probably a good judge as being on the ground, but I would think that Tavi need a bit of strengthening.  Good core to a side that has been together for a few seasons, but losing Lewis Daw in defence and Josh Grant in attack leaves holes that need filling. Matt David and Lewis Coombes are good players, but not at the same level.

As for Taunton, they are among the favourites for the Southern League title. Have made good additions to an already strong squad.

1 minute ago, Way Of The Park said:

As for Taunton, they are among the favourites for the Southern League title. Have made good additions to an already strong squad.

I know there are some strong sides like Poole Town, Salisbury, Met Police etc. plus relegated Truro and WSM joining, but I would be very surprised if Taunton don't win that league this year. Should've won it last year but just fell off in the last 10 games or so and have strengthened very well this summer. 

I did go too watch Sir .  I just wanted to hear what someone else that went thought !

Lewis Daw is hoping to make a comeback after his injury. I always forget the mature mid fielders name for Tavi lol.

He always has a good game every time I see him.  Class act. Several comments made by the Tavi bench how Grant was putting the tackles in against them , yet never put a tackle in for them lol.

Tyler Elliott is a confirmed signing for Tiverton, losing him and Josh Grant has to be a blow for them going into their first Western League season. Not sure if any new signings have been made to fill the gap, or if they are looking for players already in the squad to step up.

This is actually a Western League forum and as Tavi like Parkway is close to Cornwall, it makes sense to discuss them as well. Obviously in some people’s narrow view of things the forum is just for Parkway bashing. If Parkway ever ended up in same league as Truro they would share a forum section. 

16 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Looking at tavi result today I would say they are  looking at a tough season. The big players they have lost starting have a real 

Can't read too much in to what is still essentially a pre-season friendly. Parkway recovered OK from losing to Falmouth in last season's match.