Cornwall Football Forum

Last appearance of a "senior" ground

SWL/SWPL, Combo and ECPL clubs rarely move or are forced to move grounds (apart from maybe a venue switch for a game). I couldn't think of the most recent five new or lost grounds so I  will suggest some and hope someone can correct me.

2006 Camelford moved to Trefrew from Tregoodwell. Old ground still there.

2004? Bugle Orient (former incarnation of Bugle) gave up the ghost at Molinnis, which still remains. Unsure of final game in ECPL. 

1981? Millbrook left Insworke Park with its infamous  overhead telephone wires and moved to Mill Park.

1974-78 Truro City moved from Treyew Road to Kenwyn, then Boscawen Park then back to Treyew after the council nicked some land to widen the road.

1971 Torpoint moved to the Mill Field from Defiance Field.

Those are the most recent I know of (relegation excluded)

I am aware that Hayle moved from Ellis Park in the late 90s and St Stephen's Borough moved to Salt Mill prior to joining the ECPL. St Teath had their slope levelled in the 90s but not sure if that culminated in a temporary move (they were Duchy League at the time) or like Wadebridge it was done in season time.

If and when Truro City move to Stadium for Cornwall then that will be the most recent move in over a decade.

5 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Thanks for that Whistle Blower, I couldn't remember if it was one season or part of one season and part of the next. :thumbsup:

As far as I'm aware Truro played SWL at Kenwyn for 74/75 season, expecting the council to have Treyew ready. When it wasn't they withdrew from the SWL and played Combo at Boscawen. The Combo played at Boscawen for a few seasons even after the new ground was ready. I don't expect there are any Truro fans who were around in this era to corroborate as the money wasn't there then and Truro were a below average team.

2 hours ago, Whistle Blower said:

As far as I'm aware Truro played SWL at Kenwyn for 74/75 season, expecting the council to have Treyew ready. When it wasn't they withdrew from the SWL and played Combo at Boscawen. The Combo played at Boscawen for a few seasons even after the new ground was ready. I don't expect there are any Truro fans who were around in this era to corroborate as the money wasn't there then and Truro were a below average team.

I'd forgotten most of that! Probably because I was partying away at college!

Millbrook moved in 1980 after being accepted into the South Western League .I am sure I can rememberTorpoint playing a part of a season at Horson Field after their pitch was ruined by salt water being used to water it instead of fresh. Maybe Fingers can shed more light on it.

I have a programme from 1981 stating Millbrook were at Insworke Park but it's been suggested that Mill Park might have been called Insworke.

Torpoint ended up at Raleigh in 1985 due to work taking place.

Also Bodmin played at Westheath in the 1950s and one game in 1971 when Tavistock players, Bodmin players and the officials turned up but the council refused them permission to play. Loaded into cars, the players and officials went to Westheath and played there before returning to Priory to change.