Cornwall Football Forum

referees decisions called into question on social media

13 minutes ago, B Manning said:

Big Al, this Saturday I came home with £16.50 in my pocket after the game, I admit I bought a pint after the game, I left home at 13.00 hrs returned at 17.30 but it doesn’t end there, I have to sit in front of my pc and fill out a match report also my kit needed washing this includes my boots needed cleaning. Also throughout the season I attend RA meetings once a month and occasionally meetings at the CCFA hq in Bodmin which is a 60 mile round trip and yes my pockets are bulging with my earnings, I think not , referees do not do it for the money they do for the game they love.

Well said Mr M, however, no referee has to justify why or how much they "earn" for looking after a load of children for two hours !!!!

14 minutes ago, B Manning said:

32 minutes ago, B Manning said:

referees do not do it for the money they do for the game they love.

I think you could actually say there’s a lot of people do a lot of things in local football for their love of the game.

Not just referees but committee members, managers, administrators and yes, even some players! ?

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

I think you could actually say there’s a lot of people do a lot of things in local football for their love of the game.

Not just referees but committee members, managers, administrators and yes, even some players! ?

Thanks Dave for putting things in perspective - perhaps the Refs would like their own sub heading?

2 minutes ago, B Manning said:

Dave, of course there are lots of people involved in the game who do fantastic work to keep the game running for all of us, but being a referee and in no other capacity I can only speak for myself and would not dream of speaking on behalf of anyone else.

Which is why I did! ?

At the end of the day , from dutchy to swpl, it’s a hobby for the refs . If you get paid expenses and £20 to £30 a game I don’t think you can complain. No one as far as I know has been forced to take up the whistle. Players get moaned and groaned at by supporters and bollocked by the manager for mistakes . If you make mistakes and have a bit of grief  take it on the chin and get on with it .