Cornwall Football Forum

Stadium for Cornwall

Outsider

According to documents presented to councillors today, construction of access from park and ride commences in August 2018, with playing surface complete by August 2019 and West stand completion September 2019.

(See Cornwall council meeting agenda 17th April 2018.  Stadium for Cornwall Appendix 4)

1 hour ago, Outsider said:

According to documents presented to councillors today, construction of access from park and ride commences in August 2018, with playing surface complete by August 2019 and West stand completion September 2019.

(See Cornwall council meeting agenda 17th April 2018.  Stadium for Cornwall Appendix 4)

That's a very short timescale .better hope we have a better winter than the last one .

3 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Same with Camborne & Redruth rugby who have staged Coubt games for over 100 years.

my feelings are with you aswell especially Truro Rugby club will they lose support having another team playing in there City in football when MK Dons was made up in Milton Keynes ther local non league side went bust

29 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Watched the webcast today. Pirates will own the freehold of the stadium with Truro City paying to use it.

And that says it all....a stadium for the pirates built with public money.

Oh how they must be laughing.

6000 seater stadium with 300 to 500 watching TCFC    ,,,going to be hell of an atmosphere.

Local finals at the stadium taking away income from the very clubs that need it........IF you are allowed to use it.

And the same scenario, 200 watching the junior cup final ....going to be really enjoyable, that is of course if the CCFA can afford it, most clubs do not get paid for staging these finals.....can't wait to watch these games - if I can get through the traffic jam that is Truro.

I do however wish it all the success possible.

Don't be so negative Older turn off at Devoran up past Wheal Jane straight across at Dangerous Crossings right at Penstraze and your there, not a traffic light in sight. I got a spare sat nav you can borrow, its programmed in to Malpas Park but I won't be needing it now. That's also the quickest route for when Penryn play Chacewater when they reform.

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Don't be so negative Older turn off at Devoran up past Wheal Jane straight across at Dangerous Crossings right at Penstraze and your there, not a traffic light in sight. I got a spare sat nav you can borrow, its programmed in to Malpas Park but I won't be needing it now. That's also the quickest route for when Penryn play Chacewater when they reform.

When's the last time you travelled that road ???? worse than the main road now, everyone thinks that's the way to go - wrong!!!

May be a bit longer yet before it's built ......you gotta get some money from central government yet.....and produce a viable business plan.

Not some fanciful college, pirate, TCFC wet dream ...a real one.