Cornwall Football Forum

JUNIOR CUP SEMI-FINAL UPDATE

The Cornwall FA have tweeted this morning:-

Bond Timber Junior Cup Semi Final between St Stephen AFC v WendronFC will be played on the reserve date of Tue 27 March - venue to be confirmed.

The other Semi Final has a pitch inspection arranged at NewquayAFC on Wednesday at 1pm for the tie between Torpoint Athletic and Penwith Exiles

43 minutes ago, number 6 said:

How come there is a pitch inspection for tomorrow?? Just routine??

Presumably as we’ve had a fair bit of rain lately and although today is good, we are due some more tomorrow. Seems the sensible thing to do to save you travel if needs be. 

32 minutes ago, Jimmer06 said:

Anyone with any predictions for tomorrow night? Torpoint vs Penwith?

I reckon it will be 4-2 on the night to Penwith Exstyles. No extra time or pens.

Exiles for me; organised, strong all over the park and clinical too. 

Torpoint have plenty of players who have the experience and know how. It should be a good, competitive fixture. Best of luck to them both. 

20 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Presumably as we’ve had a fair bit of rain lately and although today is good, we are due some more tomorrow. Seems the sensible thing to do to save you travel if needs be. 

Exiles for me; organised, strong all over the park and clinical too. 

Torpoint have plenty of players who have the experience and know how. It should be a good, competitive fixture. Best of luck to them both. 

No doubt Torpoint will get shitty if they go behind and fall out with each other and make excuses, usually the case with them.

I think the Excels will be too physical for Torpoint 3rd team. Depends how many/which ringers they pull in though!

6 hours ago, number 6 said:

How come there is a pitch inspection for tomorrow?? Just routine??

Presumably to check there’s still floodlights at Newquay and that Hayle haven’t sent a scout to pinch the bulbs.

28 minutes ago, 64 on tap said:

I think the Excels will be too physical for Torpoint 3rd team. Depends how many/which ringers they pull in though!

Presumably to check there’s still floodlights at Newquay and that Hayle haven’t sent a scout to pinch the bulbs.

NO ringers!! And if you don'tike it when we're forced to due to us having 4teams and players taken to help the other teams, complain to the fa, they set the rules. Look at our league position, does that say "ringers"? Boring talk!! 

3 hours ago, Justin norman said:

NO ringers!! And if you don'tike it when we're forced to due to us having 4teams and players taken to help the other teams, complain to the fa, they set the rules. Look at our league position, does that say "ringers"? Boring talk!! 

Think you're being a little sensitive here Mr Norman. At no point did I say it would be a bad thing if you brought ringers in as you're entitled to play a few anyway! 

However, in my opinion, Penwith Excels will be too strong for your side. A few 1st team players would certainly help though. 

16 hours ago, 64 on tap said:

Think you're being a little sensitive here Mr Norman. At no point did I say it would be a bad thing if you brought ringers in as you're entitled to play a few anyway! 

However, in my opinion, Penwith Excels will be too strong for your side. A few 1st team players would certainly help though. 

Not sensitive, everytime I look on this site, its the same old story, Torpoint bringing in ringers, Torpoint doing this and that, how many ringers will they play, that would be 2 if you know the rules, and 2 doesn't make a team. Apparently we moan when we go a goal behind... Good! That's what I want from my players, to show they care. Maybe other clubs should look a little closer to home when moaning about "ringers", or  shall I remind you? Last season, St Stephen away we beat 5-3i think, then at our place they (you?) beat us by the roughly the same score with a completely different St Stephens side and I'm told only 2 players were different. I've been involved in football for many yrs and at a high level, so I'm not stupid and I'm aware what goes on, maybe other clubs and individuals should stay quiet before spouting off and worrying what Torpoint are doing, we can win without bringing in ringers....... Sometimes! Case closed.            Semi final tonight is off. 

1 hour ago, Justin norman said:

Not sensitive, everytime I look on this site, its the same old story, Torpoint bringing in ringers, Torpoint doing this and that, how many ringers will they play, that would be 2 if you know the rules, and 2 doesn't make a team. Apparently we moan when we go a goal behind... Good! That's what I want from my players, to show they care. Maybe other clubs should look a little closer to home when moaning about "ringers", or  shall I remind you? Last season, St Stephen away we beat 5-3i think, then at our place they (you?) beat us by the roughly the same score with a completely different St Stephens side and I'm told only 2 players were different. I've been involved in football for many yrs and at a high level, so I'm not stupid and I'm aware what goes on, maybe other clubs and individuals should stay quiet before spouting off and worrying what Torpoint are doing, we can win without bringing in ringers....... Sometimes! Case closed.            Semi final tonight is off. 

After a quick look on fafulltime the st Stephen side in there home fixture seems to be a bit of a strange team with a large contingent of there 2nds,in the away fixture other than sam merchant of sticker all other players played on a regular basis for st Stephen through out the season .Seems like stones & glass houses again !!!!

This subject is always going to create a hot debate.

As I see it, there’s a difference when a club player plays for different teams within that same club, in contrast to when a club use a player from another completely different club!

However, at the end of the day - you can only play two anyway can’t you? 

3 hours ago, Justin norman said:

I was playing in both games, the home game was made up of a few reserve team players which we lost 5-3 as you correctly stated. 

The away game where we won 6-4 only had Sam Marchant that was any different to our usual team (1 player doesn't make a team, right? and also well within the rules)

So yes, the teams were different as the first game was missing a chunk of our regulars, not because "ringers" were brought in later in the season, sour grapes because we won the game? To say you have been in football long enough to know what goes on, clearly falls flat on its face there.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

This subject is always going to create a hot debate.

As I see it, there’s a difference when a club player plays for different teams within that same club, in contrast to when a club use a player from another completely different club!

However, at the end of the day - you can only play two anyway can’t you? 

Neither is breaking the rules so no there is no difference. I understand that If you haven't played a senior game for 28 days you can bring in whatever senior players you want to subject to the minimum eligibility of games for semi final rule, provided they are registered with the club at junior level.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Neither is breaking the rules so no there is no difference. I understand that If you haven't played a senior game for 28 days you can bring in whatever senior players you want to subject to the minimum eligibility of games for semi final rule, provided they are registered with the club at junior level.

Not quite the rule. 

On 3/13/2018 at 15:20, 64 on tap said:

Sorry to burst your bubble Hayle lights are up and running on both pitches , look for the link on facebook , so instead of  sarky  comments come and have a look at the first club in Cornwall that owns their own 3g  pitch now complete with working flood!lights . Stick that in your pipe and smoke it :yahoo:

18 hours ago, stevieb said:

Sorry to burst your bubble Hayle lights are up and running on both pitches , look for the link on facebook , so instead of  sarky  comments come and have a look at the first club in Cornwall that owns their own 3g  pitch now complete with working flood!lights . Stick that in your pipe and smoke it :yahoo:

Ideal, just a few weeks late...