Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League - Results Tuesday 9th May 17

Results
Tuesday 9th May 
Illogan RBL Reserves (David Mitchell, Nathan Hampton) 2-2 Ludgvan (Chris Mulroy, Gary Matthews) 
Att- 35
RNAS Culdrose (Ben Gibbs, Mason Pointon) 2-3 St Agnes (Andrew Govan 2, Luke Wort)
Att- 23
St Ives Town (Curtis Richards) 1-1 Newquay Reserves (Harry Varcoe)
Att- 15
St Just (Andrew Curnow) 1-0 Holman SC 
 Att- 20

POS

TEAM

PL

W

D

L

F

A

GD

PTS

CARHARRACK

95*

LUDGVAN

ST AGNES

ST IVES

HELSTON

ST DAY

PERRANWELL

53*

HAYLE

ST JUST

PORTHLEVEN

GOONHAVERN

PERRANPORTH

PENRYN

44*

REDRUTH

HOLMANS

ILLOGAN

34*

FALMOUTH

MULLION

32*

CULDROSE

NEWQUAY

-2*

St Ives town goalscorer was Curtis Richards...tremendous effort from Newquay tonight, they worked their socks off and got bodies in the way all night, keeper made some crucial saves early on but they certainly deserved their point and but for a late goal could have had three points....good luck to them for next season.....

does anyone else think that at this stage of the season we still do not know if it is going to be 1 or 2 teams relegated? how is this possible? i know you may be awaiting higher leagues to decide on relegation etc but it still seems strange! i assume the 4 teams who submitted an application to come up from the Trelawny Prem have passed ground grading so again, an assumption, 2 of those 4 will HAVE (will they?) to gain promotion? Ludgvan going up to SWPL West and maybe no one coming down could mean only one relegation from the Combo but still allowing 2 up from the Trelawny Prem?

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

does anyone else think that at this stage of the season we still do not know if it is going to be 1 or 2 teams relegated? how is this possible? i know you may be awaiting higher leagues to decide on relegation etc but it still seems strange! i assume the 4 teams who submitted an application to come up from the Trelawny Prem have passed ground grading so again, an assumption, 2 of those 4 will HAVE (will they?) to gain promotion? Ludgvan going up to SWPL West and maybe no one coming down could mean only one relegation from the Combo but still allowing 2 up from the Trelawny Prem?

Agree..  culdrose.. illogan ... falmouth and mullion.. need to know. 

2 hours ago, S Abbo said:

agree, how can teams be expected to plan for next season (which is already happening) if they dont know what league they'll be in? after now looking at the leagues i will be surprised if it is more than just Newquay going down, so i think the teams you've mentioned will be safe!

3 hours ago, S Abbo said:

Ludgvan go up leaves 19, Newquay down leaves 18, two up from trelawny league if pass grading and finish in right places does this mean if only one team come up from trelawny premier Newquay will remain too meaning no relegation??  

I have funny feeling of a 18 team division with Ludgvan going up to swpl West Newquay going down trelawny premier and no one coming up from there 

8 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

Ludgvan go up leaves 19, Newquay down leaves 18, two up from trelawny league if pass grading and finish in right places does this mean if only one team come up from trelawny premier Newquay will remain too meaning no relegation??  

I have funny feeling of a 18 team division with Ludgvan going up to swpl West Newquay going down trelawny premier and no one coming up from there 

impossible, it has to be agreed at an AGM for the league to reduce numbers for the season after the next one, it can not be introduced for the coming season, i also find it hard to believe that neither west cornwall, lizard, or pendeen wont finish in the correct places (in what order i dont know!), in fact it may already be mathematically done and dusted for the top 5 finish as needed? in which case newquay will go down, and a minimum of two to come up, could there be 3 coming up if things change?

d. Promotion to the Cornwall Combination League shall be subject to the arrangements in

paragraphs i to xi below.

i. To be eligible for promotion to the Combination League a team must finish in the top four

of the Premier Division.

ii. Only two of the top four teams may be promoted and then only providing they meet

the criteria for admission to the Cornwall Combination League.

3 hours ago, Sijames said:

impossible, it has to be agreed at an AGM for the league to reduce numbers for the season after the next one, it can not be introduced for the coming season, i also find it hard to believe that neither west cornwall, lizard, or pendeen wont finish in the correct places (in what order i dont know!), in fact it may already be mathematically done and dusted for the top 5 finish as needed? in which case newquay will go down, and a minimum of two to come up, could there be 3 coming up if things change?

I believe Lizard, West Cornwall definitely will however not sure if they have passed grading?  If been checked and been given any news be nice for representative for any of these clubs going for promotion if they have matched the criteria to be eligible to go up!!! 

Isn't it if fail initial one they get certain time to get it sorted?