Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Combination League Results Tuesday 18th April 2017

League Results
Tuesday 18th April 2017
Falmouth Town Reserves (Ben Kellow, Jake Flamank) 2-4 Hayle (Cameron Irish, Billy Foster, Sam Charlton, George Holman)
Att- 23
Helston Athletic Reserves (Matt Buchan 2, Craig Tanner, Jamie Thompson) 4-0 St Ives Town
Att- 42
Holman SC 0-2 Perranwell (Jack Adams, Phil Rees)
Att- 18
Illogan RBL Reserves 0-6 Carharrack (Ryan Stephens 2, James Davies 2, Ed Wilton, Jake Shaw)
Att- 60
Newquay Reserves (Darren Willis) 1-1 Goonhavern Athletic (OG)
Att- 25
Penryn Athletic Reserves (Russell May) 1-4 Perranporth (Kayne Trevaskis 2, Steve Brewer, Andrew Miles) 
Att- 36
St Agnes (Curtis Pay, Jacob Springall, Terry Cambell) 3-3 Mullion (Chris Blee 2, Sean Haskill-Mills) 
Att- 30
St Day (Liam Paddock, Matt Witts) 2-1 Ludgvan (Mark Richards) 
Att- 50

15 minutes ago, willy7 said:

After tonight results can't see carharrack losing it now. They got hard game's coming up but what they have is great team spirit and togetherness, Ludgvan on the other hand haven't and that showed tonight.

Bunch of big time Charlie's!

4 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Before tonight, Helston had 2 games left to play for the season. Yet some genius still decided to put one of those two games 2 days after St Ives had a cup final...

Ahhh bless you ?

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

Bunch of big time Charlie's!

Sijames, you do come up with some idiotic comments.   2 years ago we were in Trelawny League and got promoted. I remember our second game against Mullion, we lost and some of their players said at the final whistle we should get back down to junior football.  We could only play what was in front of us and achieved runners up.  It was nice to go places and opposition supporters complimenting the players on the style and quality of football played. I can remember going to Hayle and a elderly gentleman complimenting the players afterwards, I think that's the difference between him and you. 

7 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

Sijames, you do come up with some idiotic comments.   2 years ago we were in Trelawny League and got promoted. I remember our second game against Mullion, we lost and some of their players said at the final whistle we should get back down to junior football.  We could only play what was in front of us and achieved runners up.  It was nice to go places and opposition supporters complimenting the players on the style and quality of football played. I can remember going to Hayle and a elderly gentleman complimenting the players afterwards, I think that's the difference between him and you. 

i have heard a few decisions you have made have been 'dubious', it is now clear you have problems with your sight!:SM_carton::yahoo:i was referring to Ludgvan, but i wont jump on you for this too much, that is the difference between me and you....................:ph34r::yahoo:

Took a visit too the neighbours last night and what a great bunch they are. Outplayed Ludgvan all over the field from start to finish with just a small side. But st day had far more heart and desire. Ludgvan scored because of what you call in the English game a well taken example of fooling the ref. Who had a very up and down game to be fair. st day could of won by more if they took some of there glorious chances they created with fast passing football! But a wins a win. Ludgvan management after the game said well at least we won't be in this shit league next year. Very sportsman like of the fella after the whistle. Great atmosphere at the game. 

Onto Saturday now. 

Falmouth 2-4 Hayle ,  a quick start from Falmouth's young side seen them a goal up  ,and Hayle looked if they were still traveling from Hayle as the half went on  Hayle got back into the game to go two up with goals from Cameron and Billy , some good saves kept the score down from the Falmouth keeper , a cross into the Hayle box squirmed through the keepers hands and all was equal at half time , Falmouth  started the better in the second half and kept the pressure on with some good defending and Caleb making a couple of good saves Hayle always looked dangerous on the counter attack and goals from Sam and George completed the scoring , some good football displayed by both young teams and well reffed , the pitch looked good but was hard under foot not a great support for Falmouth for a home game but Hayle two supporters seemed to enjoy themselves , deserved win and all the squad available last night had a good run out , enjoyable game again and three points on the road  onwards to Saturday game season nearly done at least can rest my ears during the summer .

St.Day doing Carharrack a big favour!! You don't see that very often! I knew they liked each other really! Fantastic effort by Carharrack, only their 2nd season back in senior football about to win the league by the look of things after coming 2nd last season and winning the Combo league cup and Evely cup double!! Also winning the Trelawny Premier league the season before that!!! What a 3 seasons for the club! Congrats to all concerned. ?? 

On 19/04/2017 at 08:57, Jamie C said:

Took a visit too the neighbours last night and what a great bunch they are. Outplayed Ludgvan all over the field from start to finish with just a small side. But st day had far more heart and desire. Ludgvan scored because of what you call in the English game a well taken example of fooling the ref. Who had a very up and down game to be fair. st day could of won by more if they took some of there glorious chances they created with fast passing football! But a wins a win. Ludgvan management after the game said well at least we won't be in this shit league next year. Very sportsman like of the fella after the whistle. Great atmosphere at the game. 

Onto Saturday now. 

Ludgvan will play the like,s of Wendron next season.