Cornwall Football Forum

Could Penzance SWPL fate come down to Mousehole?

Bit of a relegation battle at the bottom of SWPL W.

Interesting to look at the remaining fixtures.  Bude in the battle have four fixtures left.  Two of which are against Penzance arch rivals Mousehole.  Now I'm not suggesting anything wrong but if Bude were to beat Mousehole twice they could be 6 key points for Bude in their Survival in SWPL as Vospers look like they are in real trouble.  

Could Penzance once a powerhouse of Cornish football be playing West Cornwall FC next season who were not formed that long ago.

Just now, Mike Odgers said:

Yes why one-If there are 4 or more feeder clubs (from 9) that meet the ground requirements and league position there should be two down from each (East/West) division.

Hi Mike,  I'be been trying to message you but it says you are unable to receive messages. Is this a permanent thing or is your inbox full?

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Yes why one-If there are 4 or more  clubs (from 9) from the feeder leagues that meet the ground requirements and league position there should be two down from each (East/West) division.

But if Tiverton Town reserves leave, there will only need to be 3 down even if there are 4 or more potential newcomers. So the third spot could come down to a play off between the next-to-bottom finishes in the regional divisions.

Mr Justice started this thread (what a good name to use in the circumstances!).  I imagine many fair-minded people would quite like to see Penzance relegated after the way they've behaved in the last couple of months, legal yes, moral no.  Feel for Bude, Holsworthy etc who have gone about things in a decent way.  As Mr Justice says Mousehole may have a say in the relegation battle.  The fixture list says they have 15 relegation points in their hands - three went to wadebridge this week, six are up for grabs home and away against Bude, three against Penzance and three against Vospers (it may be too late for them, sadly).  Looking at this from afar, Mousehole would surely prefer Penzance to stay up as they get big crowds in local derbies.  But Penzance should be able to get clear on their own, after all they've now got half the team that won the Division last year!  But whoever goes down in their place can feel very aggrieved.

15 hours ago, Anne Teake said:

Mr Justice started this thread (what a good name to use in the circumstances!).  I imagine many fair-minded people would quite like to see Penzance relegated after the way they've behaved in the last couple of months, legal yes, moral no.  Feel for Bude, Holsworthy etc who have gone about things in a decent way.  As Mr Justice says Mousehole may have a say in the relegation battle.  The fixture list says they have 15 relegation points in their hands - three went to wadebridge this week, six are up for grabs home and away against Bude, three against Penzance and three against Vospers (it may be too late for them, sadly).  Looking at this from afar, Mousehole would surely prefer Penzance to stay up as they get big crowds in local derbies.  But Penzance should be able to get clear on their own, after all they've now got half the team that won the Division last year!  But whoever goes down in their place can feel very aggrieved."

Just now, isaac rosenberg said:
15 hours ago, Anne Teake said:

Mr Justice started this thread (what a good name to use in the circumstances!).  I imagine many fair-minded people would quite like to see Penzance relegated after the way they've behaved in the last couple of months, legal yes, moral no.  Feel for Bude, Holsworthy etc who have gone about things in a decent way.  As Mr Justice says Mousehole may have a say in the relegation battle.  The fixture list says they have 15 relegation points in their hands - three went to wadebridge this week, six are up for grabs home and away against Bude, three against Penzance and three against Vospers (it may be too late for them, sadly).  Looking at this from afar, Mousehole would surely prefer Penzance to stay up as they get big crowds in local derbies.  But Penzance should be able to get clear on their own, after all they've now got half the team that won the Division last year!  But whoever goes down in their place can feel very aggrieved."

"Penzance....legal,yes, moral no. " in the last few weeks ,? How about the last 50 years ? No doubt some sleight if hand will be pulled by their connections behind the scenes.. Pity. Bet they were looking forward to their friendly local derbies at Pendern and St Just, once they'd achieved the level they deserved. Fit reward for all those years tapping up other clubs' players. Be assured that there are people from Penwith rooting for Budleigh Salterton and Bude ! 

On 31/03/2017 at 07:16, Gossip man said:

The way they have behaved, Explain yourself Anne Teake, shooting your mouth off again

I think, it's that they signed a handful of Mousehole players under the noses of the league and decimating their squad may have something to do with it. Whilst it was technically above board, you'd have to be very naive to believe nothing underhand was going on. 

I wonder at what cost those signings have come at as I very much doubt their budget has remained the same over the course of the season.