Cornwall Football Forum

First team players playing for second teams?

Hello Trelawny forum.

Quick question 

What is the ruling behind trelawny premier league players coming down and playing for their/our second team in divisions 1,2,3,4? How many can play at once if the first 11 game has been called off or there is no fixture for them? 

Thanks LannerBoy

3 hours ago, LannerBoy said:

Only two? 

Do you know what makes them as first team players? Is there a certain rule? 

They are deemed to be senior players if (I make no apologies for directly quoting League Rules, it saves any confusion):

Trelawny Rule 8.c

i. Teams in this competition shall not play more than TWO players in any one game who, in the current season, are adjudged to be commanding a regular place in a team competing in a higher ranked League.

Note:
1. A player shall be deemed to be commanding a regular place with the higher ranked team if he has played in the teams preceding 3 fixtures, including cup matches, at the higher level or has taken part in more than 50% of the higher placed teams fixtures. A player shall not count towards the 2 allowed once he has played 3 consecutive games for the team in this league.

2. For the purpose of this Competition ‘Higher Ranked’ Leagues are the Cornwall Combination League, the East Cornwall Premier League and Leagues forming the Football Association Pyramid system i.e. the Peninsula League and above.

3. Where any doubt exists over a player’s eligibility in these circumstances the Registration Secretary will provide guidance.

Trelawny League Rule 8. n

Clubs with more than one team in this League shall not play more than Two players adjudged to be, in the current season, commanding a regular place with the higher placed team in a lower division or lower divisional cup match. Players from the clubs team(s) or any other clubs team(s) playing in a higher ranked league (Rule 8c) shall count towards this total. For any club infringing this rule the penalties at Rule 8o shall apply.

Notes.
1. A player shall be deemed to be commanding a regular place with the higher placed team if he has played in the preceding 3 higher divisional or cup games or has taken part in more than 50% of the higher placed teams fixtures. A player shall not count towards the 2 allowed in the lower division once he has played 3 consecutive games for the lower placed team.

2. ‘Any player classified as a ‘lower division’ player under Rule 8n(i) on 1st April shall retain that classification for the remainder of the season.’

3. Where any doubt exists over a player’s eligibility in these circumstances the Registration Secretary will provide guidance.

ii. Players may not take part in more than one match for their club in this League on any given match day unless the match in which they have started, been used as or named as a substitute has finished.

8 hours ago, B_D said:

They are deemed to be senior players if (I make no apologies for directly quoting League Rules, it saves any confusion):

Trelawny Rule 8.c

i. Teams in this competition shall not play more than TWO players in any one game who, in the current season, are adjudged to be commanding a regular place in a team competing in a higher ranked League.

Note:
1. A player shall be deemed to be commanding a regular place with the higher ranked team if he has played in the teams preceding 3 fixtures, including cup matches, at the higher level or has taken part in more than 50% of the higher placed teams fixtures. A player shall not count towards the 2 allowed once he has played 3 consecutive games for the team in this league.

2. For the purpose of this Competition ‘Higher Ranked’ Leagues are the Cornwall Combination League, the East Cornwall Premier League and Leagues forming the Football Association Pyramid system i.e. the Peninsula League and above.

Trelawny League Rule 8. n

Clubs with more than one team in this League shall not play more than Two players adjudged to be, in the current season, commanding a regular place with the higher placed team in a lower division or lower divisional cup match. Players from the clubs team(s) or any other clubs team(s) playing in a higher ranked league (Rule 8c) shall count towards this total. For any club infringing this rule the penalties at Rule 8o shall apply.

Notes.
1. A player shall be deemed to be commanding a regular place with the higher placed team if he has played in the preceding 3 higher divisional or cup games or has taken part in more than 50% of the higher placed teams fixtures. A player shall not count towards the 2 allowed in the lower division once he has played 3 consecutive games for the lower placed team.

2. ‘Any player classified as a ‘lower division’ player under Rule 8n(i) on 1st April shall retain that classification for the remainder of the season.’

ii. Players may not take part in more than one match for their club in this League on any given match day unless the match in which they have started, been used as or named as a substitute has finished.

3 consecutive games??...

is this playing 2 first team games and then returning to the second team for one game to make make sure you don't Become a higher player?..... or can you just play 2 first team games not play for either first or second team the next week then play two more first team games?

15 hours ago, LannerBoy said:

Only two? 

Do you know what makes them as first team players? Is there a certain rule? 

3 consecutive games for the higher team or having played over 50percent of the higher teams fixtures

6 hours ago, LannerBoy said:

3 consecutive games??...

is this playing 2 first team games and then returning to the second team for one game to make make sure you don't Become a higher player?..... or can you just play 2 first team games not play for either first or second team the next week then play two more first team games?

It's consecutive games three in row 

2 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

3 consecutive games for the higher team or having played over 50percent of the higher teams fixtures

It's consecutive games three in row 

But I have played two games for our "higher team" had a week off and played rugby then came back and played 2 more games for our "higher team" had two weeks off for rugby.. now I want to play for our "lower team" do I need  reinstating?

Think it goes on your games as a person, not as a team. So even though you had a break after 2 games, when you came back and played for the higher team that counts as 3 consecutive games, therefore classing you as a "higher" player. That's how I understand it anyway, probably totally wrong!

All the above confusion once again leads me to suggest in all seriousness that it would it be much simpler and easier if there were no restrictions on eligibility at all. Surely a manager has the absolute right to select whoever he likes? If a player is registered, he's eligible - end of.

8 minutes ago, Darin Morse said:

All the above confusion once again leads me to suggest in all seriousness that it would it be much simpler and easier if there were no restrictions on eligibility at all. Surely a manager has the absolute right to select whoever he likes? If a player is registered, he's eligible - end of.

Especially when both teams are in trelawney league 

On 3/16/2017 at 08:46, LannerBoy said:

3 consecutive games??...

I think towards the start of the season, when there are mid-week fixtures, more sides tend to try to keep their players eligible for the firsts and the rezzies, but ultimately once the season gets going players soon fit into their roles for either side.

18 hours ago, ballsax said:

Think it goes on your games as a person, not as a team. So even though you had a break after 2 games, when you came back and played for the higher team that counts as 3 consecutive games, therefore classing you as a "higher" player. That's how I understand it anyway, probably totally wrong!

As stated in the Rule posted by Dave it's fixtures, not the person.  So in this example LannerBoy would not count as a higher ranked player.

18 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Isn't it easier, and likely to be more reliable LannerBoy, to get your secretary to check it out with the league direct? 

Absolutely Dave.  Unfortunately the Full-Time functionality won't allow the pages that I can see to appear on the 'public pages'.  These pages when used in conjunction with the rules would almost instantly give you any given player's eligibility/classification.  I get the odd query about players 'status' but it's less than one a week and even then most are just asking for confirmation of what the clubs think is the case.

17 hours ago, Darin Morse said:

This was pretty much how the Duchy ran things until fairly recently.  They then had an instance where one of their clubs fielded almost their entire first team in a reserve team fixture completely distorting the situation at the time.  All within their rules as they stood at the time and it was only when the 'offending club' agreed to replay the game following complaints that it was resolved.  They have now adopted something broadly similar to our rule. I'm sure Paul Collings will correct me if I've got anything wrong there!  I think the message there is that if it can happen it will.  We may like to think it won't but eventually it probably will and the likelihood is that it would be in a situation where promotion or relegation would be affected.

The bottom line is that our system works very well and has done for some time now.  As always, clubs are encouraged to ask the question if they are at all unsure and by that I mean ask the League NOT ask on here where you will get peoples various interpretations and stand into danger of getting it wrong.